Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

4 hours ago, Count-Bracula said:

It struck again . . . Vertigo.

Just came back from NTFGH after 5-6 hours there. Called for non-emergency ambulance around 11:30pm but they could only come after midnight. Cannot tahan as room was spinning so boh pian called for regular ambulance which took less than 5 mins to reach me.

Haiz!!

Take care. I am surprised that you still able to post here with Vertigo!!!

I also have vertigo. Wouldnt be able to get up from bed. Whole world spinning and vomitting.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Just came back from NTFGH after 5-6 hours there. Called for non-emergency ambulance around 11:30pm but they could only come after midnight. Cannot tahan as room was spinning so boh pian called for regular ambulance which took less than 5 mins to reach me.

Haiz!!

oh no...

better take care.

my colleague also has vertigo, and will need to take MC now and then, really no joke...

Can anything be done to rid it?

• Praise 1

17 hours ago, Fitvip said:

He must be blind!

*Nice VRN spotted!

How come so many blind people driving on the road siah? [sweatdrop]

Haiz!!

So now giddiness plus surrounding spinning ah? [dizzy]   Vertigo not easy to cure, cause can strike you on and off de. So just stop driving for a time being and monitor and see how it goes. Do not get up too fast from bed or chair, do not turn your head too fast, every movement now must take it very slow so that it would not trigger the vertigo or giddiness. Looks like vertigo seems like quite common to happen at least once a lifetime? 

5 hours ago, Count-Bracula said:

Haiz!!

@Count-Bracula, there might be an infection which causes imbalance in your inner ear resulting in vertigo. Do seek medical help. If due to ageing, the inner ear imbalance cant be cured. However, your body can relearn to balance through therapy. The efficacy of the therapy is highly co-relate to the frequency and intensity of the therapy session. The more you do, the better the body will learn. A simple therapy: stare at an object at one eye level and continuously rotate your head left -right (approximately + - 30Degree) at about 30 oscillation (starts at 30 and proceed to gradually to 60 after a few weeks) per min for a duration of one minute. Hope it helps for you. Patience is key to recovery

Edited by Rayleigh
  • Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Atrecord said:

oh no...

better take care.

my colleague also has vertigo, and will need to take MC now and then, really no joke...

Can anything be done to rid it?

I had vertigo many years ago....so I started drinking hot lemon juice mixed with ginger and it goes away. Not sure it will help. Take care guys.

Many types 

including BPPV 

if you need please see someone

Dr Low the head of ENT in NUHS is nice. 

Take care and hope you get better bro

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, therock said:

Many types 

including BPPV 

if you need please see someone

Dr Low the head of ENT in NUHS is nice. 

Take care and hope you get better bro

Giddiness/vertigo not easy to treat and go away de once you have it. Very scary health problem. Like you said many types de.

Edited by 13177

4 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

last i understand ambulance is $80.

and insurance will only kick in after admission for a day.

http://www.healthnetcafe.com/content/the_caregiver/use_of_emergency_ambulance.html

Misconceptions on the Use of Emergency Ambulance Service

995 is a free ambulance service?  Yes, the service is free only if it is a true emergency.  However, $274 will be charged for each non-emergency case that SCDF ferries to hospital.  The final outcome of the emergency or non-emergency status of a patient will be based on the assessment of the doctor at the Emergency Department of the receiving hospital.

You can direct the ambulance to the hospital of your choice?  No, the SCDF emergency ambulances will only convey patients to the nearest restructured hospital so that the patient can receive immediate medical attention.  This will also enable the ambulance to be available earlier for the next emergency call.

Patient arrived by SCDF ambulance will be given priority in treatment at the A & E Department?  No, ALL patients arriving at A & E Department will be assessed by the medical staff at the hospital.  Those assessed as critical will be attended to first, followed by non-emergency cases.

• Praise 3

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/crazy-uncle-spotted-driving-car-along-east-coast-park-cycling-path

Road tax expired cannot drive on road, so drive on cycling path?

With so many cases of road tax expired incidents happening, what's LTA doing? Are they activiely enforcing the road tax rules or just waiting for those people with "integrity" to surrender themselves?

Twincharged
2 minutes ago, Sx4falcon said:

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/crazy-uncle-spotted-driving-car-along-east-coast-park-cycling-path

With so many cases of road tax expired incidents happening, what's LTA doing? Are they activiely enforcing the road tax rules or just waiting for those people with "integrity" to surrender themselves?

Since not on road... No road tax got salah? 

• Haha! 2

I got ear infection about 20 years ago. That time I had ringing in my ears for a month and also the head is spinning. I only recover after several months. After that doctor say something in the ear had been damaged, the brain had to work harder to maintain balance.till today if I fall sick like having a cold, there is a good chance that my head will spin...machiam rocking about on a boat...😨

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Sad 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Sx4falcon said:

http://www.healthnetcafe.com/content/the_caregiver/use_of_emergency_ambulance.html

Misconceptions on the Use of Emergency Ambulance Service

995 is a free ambulance service?  Yes, the service is free only if it is a true emergency.  However, $274 will be charged for each non-emergency case that SCDF ferries to hospital.  The final outcome of the emergency or non-emergency status of a patient will be based on the assessment of the doctor at the Emergency Department of the receiving hospital.

You can direct the ambulance to the hospital of your choice?  No, the SCDF emergency ambulances will only convey patients to the nearest restructured hospital so that the patient can receive immediate medical attention.  This will also enable the ambulance to be available earlier for the next emergency call.

Patient arrived by SCDF ambulance will be given priority in treatment at the A & E Department?  No, ALL patients arriving at A & E Department will be assessed by the medical staff at the hospital.  Those assessed as critical will be attended to first, followed by non-emergency cases.

When I called 995 for scdf ambulance the weeks ago,  I was given a chit and told to make payment at the cashier. 

But mine is covered by insurance so I just leave it to kkh to bill. 

I just got the invoice from kkh yesterday but there was no mention of ambulance service charges. 

So I still don't know how much. 

On the side,  remember about five years ago,  my parent's flat got black smoke when no one was at home and police and scdf came.  Scdf cut my main door and gate to enter the house to address the issue. 

Someone mentioned scdf will bill me for the "service" but we never got any bill.  Only had to replace the door and gate ourselves. 😂 

• Praise 1

If one falls unconscious and destroys a tree or street lamp, are they liable to pay?

or if one hits another car and kills someone - is that an accident or a crime?

8 hours ago, Count-Bracula said:

Haiz!!

Vertigo always reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98W9QuMq-2k

Jokes aside. Have a good rest and recover soon. Avoid driving or going out alone if possible.

1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

When I called 995 for scdf ambulance the weeks ago,  I was given a chit and told to make payment at the cashier. 

But mine is covered by insurance so I just leave it to kkh to bill. 

I just got the invoice from kkh yesterday but there was no mention of ambulance service charges. 

So I still don't know how much. 

On the side,  remember about five years ago,  my parent's flat got black smoke when no one was at home and police and scdf came.  Scdf cut my main door and gate to enter the house to address the issue. 

Someone mentioned scdf will bill me for the "service" but we never got any bill.  Only had to replace the door and gate ourselves. 😂 

Damn, we were charge when we called hospital when my father became irresponsive. They came and performed CPR and brought him to hospital but he passed away and 1 month later kena billed for ambulance 😢.

I visited Japan sometime back and my entire family fall sick because a baby got flue in plain while we were on flight toward Japan. After coming back to Singapore i got dizzy spell, spinning world. Later doctor found infection in my ear, took medication for few days and it went away.

2 hours ago, Sx4falcon said:

Nowadays everything goes paperless, so difficult to have physical check on every car de.

↡ Advertisement