Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

My take on tapping the horn.

Jap and conti horn design work differently.

While you may tap on the jap horn with a quick "strike", same manuverer cannot be apply on a say, vw or bmw.

For my conti, no sound would be emitted if i tapped on it.  A short press is required instead.

Hence conti horn might sound more aggressive which it probably was not the intention.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

While you may tap on the jap horn with a quick "strike", same manuverer cannot be apply on a say, vw or bmw.

For my conti, no sound would be emitted if i tapped on it.  A short press is required instead.

Hence conti horn might sound more aggressive which it probably was not the intention.

I also just tap.. but when the driver in front just look into the mirror for the next 3 secs is when the tap becomes a long blare ...followed by those behind me supporting the blare by hoking non stop.

2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Same here, my e200 horn is hard to tap, so I very afraid to hold for too long, now I realise the extreme end of the horn panel is easier to  light tap using the thumb. But I hardly ever honk at people, not a problem. Altis is easy to tap but the horn boh sia one, very soft.

21 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Lai ah! Lai ah! Free show! Free show!

See something else for a change. Dont worry. Office safe.

See it before it's gone.😂

Got fatt choy anot? 😬

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Try pressing on the side of the boss?

i can get a short “toot” when I do that ..

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

Same here, my e200 horn is hard to tap, so I very afraid to hold for too long, now I realise the extreme end of the horn panel is easier to  light tap using the thumb. But I hardly ever honk at people, not a problem. Altis is easy to tap but the horn boh sia one, very soft.

Don't be worried about extended usage of the horn. My personal experience is that long blast (min 5 seconds each time) are more effective because the ruckus created draw extra attention to the other car akin to shaming.

IMO very brief tap are not effective in certain places (esp carparks) because some cars like Mercedes have options to use horn as door lock confirmation, which make people de-sensitive to it.

Edited by Ceecookie

4 hours ago, Hamburger said:

I am contemplating to modify my car horn : press left side a soft, polite short toot. Press right side super loud 200 dB air horn!

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

I live close to some main roads and intersections.

I'm always amazed at how much horning and repeated horning I can hear during rush hours.

• Sad 1

On 10/24/2019 at 11:34 PM, Ct3833 said:

not the driver's fault, he did see the bike slowing and tried to stop but could not stop in time. The bike was asking for trouble. 

but now bike kena rear ended

QQ will kena claimed by bike gao gao and also ownself pay for ownself repair ... ncd affected

bike asking for trouble .... but trouble landed on QQ? 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

but now bike kena rear ended

QQ will kena claimed by bike gao gao and also ownself pay for ownself repair ... ncd affected

bike asking for trouble .... but trouble landed on QQ? 

Well.. since he had time to start braking.. could easily have swerved to lane 1 to avoid accident imo

31 minutes ago, SuPerBoRed said:

Well.. since he had time to start braking.. could easily have swerved to lane 1 to avoid accident imo

not easy.. as when driving who will anticipate a joker suddenly brake for no reason..

so shock come first then react.. not much time to swerve lane 1.. what if no check and swerve then hit any vehicle? many many possibilities as things happens...

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, SuPerBoRed said:

It is very dangerous to swerve side way at that kind of speed during that split second, he  may end up knocking a car beside him or worse still, take down one or two motorcycles, we have seen enough .

• Praise 1

On 10/15/2019 at 12:31 PM, Fitvip said:

I for one, if the front car seems to be a retard, I would toot the horn! Some are dreaming, some play with the phone, and some don't know what happens around him!

Most frustrating are the ones who don't know what "Left Turn on Red" means. 

Granted, those junctions are rare, but it's still f**king irritating when a) they dunno and b) they give you the WTF look when you honk them (when it's perfectly safe and legal to turn on red). 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 6

6 hours ago, Neutrino said:

I live close to some main roads and intersections.

I'm always amazed at how much horning and repeated horning I can hear during rush hours.

Can never beat India. Best place to test horns to destruction. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 10/25/2019 at 2:34 AM, Ct3833 said:

not the driver's fault, he did see the bike slowing and tried to stop but could not stop in time. The bike was asking for trouble. 

So who's fault like that in terms of insurance claim? If no video evidence, confirm gone case for the Nissan..

17 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

So who's fault like that in terms of insurance claim? If no video evidence, confirm gone case for the Nissan..

From insurance point of view,   the nissan cant run away from rear ending the bike, but  the bike who came to near stop on a main road like this is asking for trouble, moreover the Nissan did try to stop but the braking distance was too short to avoid the impact.

↡ Advertisement