Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

29 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Ok.  I have been having a few near misses lately.  Ok I use the word near misses liberally.  My car was not moving but it could have moved.

Let's say you were at a T junction.  You want to go out.  This is a small area so all cars are moving slowly anyway.  What happens is this.

At the junction you want to turn right.

Coming from your left - empty of cars.

Coming from your right there is a car like slowing down with signal lights flashing left so it's like turning left into your lane.  At the last minute it either cancels signal to move straight or the signal is still flashing left but it goes straight.

If you had thought the car would turn left and you moved out and hit the car, would it be your fault? IIRC car cameras dont show side views that signal lights are on.

Second scenario.

This time a car is moving from your left.  Your right is empty.  Car from the left does not signal so you think it is going straight.  As it passes you, you move out but it turns right to enter your lane.  You hit the car.  Whose fault is it?

Been  noticing more and more of such situations at T junctions where drivers give misleading turn signals or dont signal.

Any thoughts?

I'm facing this scenario at my place everyday

As for me, I just wait for the car on the right or left (whether they signal or not but most of the time they don't signal at all) to pass me first before I proceed forward to my carpark.

Better to be safe than get into an accident.

Drive safe 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6
  • Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, Danielyap said:

As for me, I just wait for the car on the right or left (whether they signal or not but most of the time they don't signal at all) to pass me first before I proceed forward to my carpark.

Drive safe 

Good advice, just relax and enjoy your ride, assume accident will happen instead of not, just drive defensively, you would arrive at your destination happier and safer. Otherwise, join me, take train😄😄 .

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

4 hours ago, Danielyap said:

Drive safe 

Another case.  Cos of people suddenly dashing across the road, I hesitate to be the first car to move off when light turn green if there are cars to my right and left, and they are not moving off.

So sometimes got cases where the car on my right dont move.  Then I hesitate.  Cos I tot maybe he saw someone on his right rushing across. Then he hesitate. Maybe cos I hesitate and he worry someone dashing from the left.

And we both hesitate and inch forward before moving off. :D

3 hours ago, Buadongdong said:

Witnessed a near miss yesterday. My heart skipped a beat when the motorbike moved off with the pedestrian still crossing.

Biker was reckless but pedestrian started crossing when the green man was already flashing and walked as if he owns the road. 

The pedestrian could at least rush across the crossing.. 

• Praise 2

23 minutes ago, thebutcher said:

Biker was reckless but pedestrian started crossing when the green man was already flashing and walked as if he owns the road. 

The pedestrian could at least rush across the crossing.. 

True. But still, the bike should have looked if anyone is crossing before dashing across. The pedestrian did make it in time to cross the road when the crossing man turns red. This traffic light, if you are familiar with it, the green man light flashes just after a short while. The person might have started to cross and halfway it starts to flash. So the Bike is still wrong in my interpretation.

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, Buadongdong said:

Witnessed a near miss yesterday. My heart skipped a beat when the motorbike moved off with the pedestrian still crossing

Lta fault for not replacing the traffic lights fast enough..

2 hours ago, Buadongdong said:

True. But still, the bike should have looked if anyone is crossing before dashing across. The pedestrian did make it in time to cross the road when the crossing man turns red. This traffic light, if you are familiar with it, the green man light flashes just after a short while. The person might have started to cross and halfway it starts to flash. So the Bike is still wrong in my interpretation.

In any accident King Kong trumps car.

Car trumps motor bike.

Car trumps pedestrian

Motor bike trumps pedestrian.

Scooter trumps pedestrian.

Pedestrian doesn't hold any trumps or aces.

I wish pedestrians would realise they don't hold a winning hand.

• Praise 2

7 hours ago, Buadongdong said:

Witnessed a near miss yesterday. My heart skipped a beat when the motorbike moved off with the pedestrian still crossing.

Recently I was in the same situation (but single turning lane and I was the front car) and fortunately, I was able to past by the back of the pedestrian. Heng never hit him or else would have been deep trouble!

Edited by Fitvip

39 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I also will follow behind and use my car to block the

cheeko pehs from trying to get a better view for their 

titillation.

:grin:

You are protecting as if she's your MIL! 

• Haha! 4