Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

1 hour ago, jayz89 said:

when i makes a right turn, i always check for pedestrian first instead of oncoming car. I check more often for people instead.

not too worry about any oncoming cars, cannot miss them one. If kena block view i lagi no need check for cars, i wun move an inch. Drives defensively everyone.

right turn is always very dangerous. it's not the cars coming straight, bcuz you can see them, but the pedestrians and the cyclists, and the e-scooters dashing across.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Fcking right turn accident again.. when will bloody lta wake up and change these traffic lights.. 

when there is crossing.. No turning. It’s THAT SIMPLE.

13 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

Vezel drive like Trump. 

Cannot hear what is their conversion.. Seems like when the white vezel make a lane change.. These 2 biker is in the blind spot.. One is at the a pillar another one is at the B pillar.. 

At least he did stop, perhaps he did apologise or what when they come out and talk.. 

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 2

Funny how ppl always blame it on "opaque" windows lah, LTA lah, car lah but not the driver.

A lot of times are drivers never even make an effort to see what and who is crossing the road. They see the front car move off, they follow. 

All it takes is for the driver to be aware of his surroundings. Not look at his damn hp or play with his kkj, he will be able to stay out of trouble. It's all on the driver behind the wheel. Not some stupiak window.

The ban on using hp while driving is the only law not being enforced regularly.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 7

6 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Funny how ppl always blame it on "opaque" windows lah, LTA lah, car lah but not the driver.

A lot of times are drivers never even make an effort to see what and who is crossing the road. They see the front car move off, they follow. 

All it takes is for the driver to be aware of his surroundings. Not look at his damn hp or play with his kkj, he will be able to stay out of trouble. It's all on the driver behind the wheel. Not some stupiak window.

Fair points, but we all know that we cannot trust humans to do the right things all the time.

thats why we need laws, rules, directions, aids and be told what and what not to do.

That said, any failsafe measures will also fail. Count on others to do the right thing such as not to drink and drive, use mobile while driving or keep a proper lookout?

nah... we cannot control what others do but I’m damn sure I can control myself.

When crossing the road I’ll always keep a proper lookout and Ensure the driver has eye contact with me. I look both ways before crossing even if it’s a one way road. And don’t be a phone zombie.

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

Cannot hear what is their conversion.. Seems like when the white vezel make a lane change.. These 2 biker is in the blind spot.. One is at the a pillar another one is at the B pillar.. 

At least he did stop, perhaps he did apologise or what when they come out and talk.. 

More importantly, he must learn from the lesson, and the video also serves to educate those who are unaware of A pillar blind spot , or those who like to make assumptions when driving.

CNY is around the corner, drive safely.

Turbocharged
On 1/7/2020 at 6:51 PM, Turboflat4 said:

Not sure if it's related to the recently posted chain collision (doubt it), but this is rather amusing in a sick way:

"OK Google. Get me into a car crash.

Done!" 😂

Guess a kid didn't wear seatbelt

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Eyke said:

just to add: BBK doesn't stop you faster; it only helps to delay brake fade when you are doing repeated hard braking (like when on track).

the BBK does bite harder and as you mentioned delay brake fade literally means better braking efficiency, thus translating to shorter braking distance.

However, bare in mind, its the tyres that is in direct contact to the road. no matter how good the BBK, if the tyres is botak liao. give you the best brake, the stopping distance will still be terrible.

There are chances that the cars with BBK may had stopped in time, only for the car behind, not able to. seen it a couple of times.

• Praise 3

1 minute ago, Perseus76 said:

the BBK does bite harder and as you mentioned delay brake fade literally means better braking efficiency, thus translating to shorter braking distance.

However, bare in mind, its the tyres that is in direct contact to the road. no matter how good the BBK, if the tyres is botak liao. give you the best brake, the stopping distance will still be terrible.

There are chances that the cars with BBK may had stopped in time, only for the car behind, not able to. seen it a couple of times.

Brake kit how big, the user dont use properly also no use. 🤷🏻‍♂😂

got $ buy nice car, no $ buy brain.

always be aware of surroundings. I rather bang car than bang a human being. 

drive safe everyone. 

22 minutes ago, Perseus76 said:

Don't confuse brake fade with braking efficiency - brake fade does not happen immediately the moment you start using it. Please read up what brake fade means before drawing such conclusions. 

Edited by Macrosszero
More context
  • Praise 3

49 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

Guess a kid didn't wear seatbelt

I like to use a famous quote from my office.. if the driver drives carefully won’t have accidents one.. so don’t need to wear sit belt ... 😂 

we now know from historic data that is a fundamental flawed in the logic using this video

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 1

16 hours ago, Atrecord said:

I think the blame falls on:

1) The driver really CMI

2) Opaque window visors should be banned. They make the A pillar wider and blocks more vision, and the crossing pedestrian just nice can be blocked by the A-pillar, meaning the driver could have thought he saw the road and there was noone crossing...

the driver is ... 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

Of course driver is at fault here, but LTA is at a bigger for designing such shiat traffic light system..

BBK does not really mean brakes will bite harder. Just learn to drive better. Stock brakes are plenty good enough for street use. Majority of drivers also do not know how to use 100% brake force. 

https://www.eeuroparts.com/blog/the-myth-of-the-big-brake-kit/

Just don’t lie to yourself and think that larger diameter brake discs are going to help you stop any faster on street tires.

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 3

Twincharged
39 minutes ago, jayz89 said:

Brake kit how big, the user dont use properly also no use. 🤷🏻‍♂😂

got $ buy nice car, no $ buy brain.

always be aware of surroundings. I rather bang car than bang a human being. 

drive safe everyone. 

But I think we call ALL agree that the BBK looks damn nice !! 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

16 hours ago, Atrecord said:

I think the blame falls on:

1) The driver really CMI

2) Opaque window visors should be banned. They make the A pillar wider and blocks more vision, and the crossing pedestrian just nice can be blocked by the A-pillar, meaning the driver could have thought he saw the road and there was noone crossing...

Damn those cars with those sunshades.

• Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Damn those cars with those sunshades.

yeah.. some how the suspension not stable.. rock like crazy at the parking lot...

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1