Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Perseus76 said:

the BBK does bite harder and as you mentioned delay brake fade literally means better braking efficiency, thus translating to shorter braking distance.

However, bare in mind, its the tyres that is in direct contact to the road. no matter how good the BBK, if the tyres is botak liao. give you the best brake, the stopping distance will still be terrible.

There are chances that the cars with BBK may had stopped in time, only for the car behind, not able to. seen it a couple of times.

you can easily make stock brakes feel like they bite harder with a change of the pads. however many do not stomp hard enough during an emergency stop. feeling of biting harder does not mean it will stop sooner.

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

you can easily make stock brakes feel like they bite harder with a change of the pads. however many do not stomp hard enough during an emergency stop. feeling of biting harder does not mean it will stop sooner.

add steel braided lines may help in reducing the brake fade. But normal driving in Sg no brake fade before.

Must have been FnF to experience that.

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Perseus76 said:

the BBK does bite harder and as you mentioned delay brake fade literally means better braking efficiency, thus translating to shorter braking distance.

if u get brake fade driving on public roads, it's not a "braking efficiency" issue

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Damn those cars with those sunshades.

Please dun leh, not with a sweeping bloom, anyway. 😅

Our SE gave us leh 😂

That's why i know must move the body/head around the A-pillar when turning, to ensure can see everything on the road and is not just nice blocked by it...

• Praise 1

21 hours ago, Sx4falcon said:

Received from a whatsapp parents chat group.

"This accident happened 6th Jan morning, the Outram Secondary boy was hit by the car while crossing the traffic junction, without make sure the car stopped before crossing, so please advice your children, make sure the car stop before crossing the traffic junction."

Just to add, people at junction don't bother waiting for pedestrian finish crossing and try to chiong. All good things must comes to an end, people here don't deserve discretionary turns as they act blind without paying any attention if people are in their blind spot.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Damn those cars with those sunshades.

It is a trend for cars to have sunshade at driver window. And usually if you see a car drive recklessly or dangerous on the road, usually have sunshade pasted on the driver side window, and you could not see the driver face at all who have performed the stunt.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

The shades are not opaque lah! There are a thousand and one things to blame, except the driver! ☹️

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 4

4 hours ago, Yeshe said:

Guess a kid didn't wear seatbelt

Someone cried Awwww my face, not sure if it was kid or woman.
But later a woman voice was heard saying I can't even pull my seat belt now (it seems seat belt was stuck after accident).

• Praise 1

Twincharged
2 hours ago, commonjunks said:

Just to add, people at junction don't bother waiting for pedestrian finish crossing and try to chiong. All good things must comes to an end, people here don't deserve discretionary turns as they act blind without paying any attention if people are in their blind spot.

… quoted the driver’s purported statement as saying:

“Suddenly a school boy appeared OUT OF NO WHERE after the pedestrian crossing and BRUSHED against the left portion of my car. I reacted immediately and stopped my vehicle.”

=========================================================================

imagine a "brush" already flip 360 …. if direct hit then the victim would have flew and landed in Chinatown point !🤥

Edited by Ysc3
  • Praise 4

39 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

The shades are not opaque lah! There are a thousand and one things to blame, except the driver! ☹️

Confirmed the driver is to blame. No running away from this fact.

Just that the opaque window visor IMO had made it more difficult for the driver's clear vision, as the visor makes the A-pillar thicker than it already is.

And hor, i missed the bit about the shades (c.f. the visors). The shades are not opaque, and can see the traffic/people, except maybe a bit less clear. But from the outside if wanna see inside the car, then it's quite difficult cos inside the car is darker than outside. That's the idea of the shades anyway - to reduce amount of light going into the car...

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

“Suddenly a school boy appeared OUT OF NO WHERE after the pedestrian crossing and BRUSHED against the left portion of my car. I reacted immediately and stopped my vehicle.”

imagine a "brush" already flip 360 …. if direct hit then the victim would have flew and landed in Chinatown point !🤥

somebody should "brush" against this driver's face

• Haha! 3

6 hours ago, Perseus76 said:

However, bare in mind, its the tyres that is in direct contact to the road. no matter how good the BBK, if the tyres is botak liao. give you the best brake, the stopping distance will still be terrible.

There are chances that the cars with BBK may had stopped in time, only for the car behind, not able to. seen it a couple of times.

No matter how good the brake and tyre is, don’t forget law of physics.

Heavier car takes longer length to stop.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

What i learned from all these cases are

1- When you get hit, keep lying down and ask for ambulance (more you down play, more you kena later. Even law could say not enough injuries so no action would be taken against the driver).

2- SPF could use camera footage to show the driver that his statement is rubbish, these b**tard think they can lie with their eyes open (how if it was his daughter or son who get rammed by some ahole?).

LTA/SPF really have to look at these lights, some pedestrian lights start blinking as soon as turned green (some lights stayed green as long as 2 minutes but start blinking as soon it turned green).

Also banning E-CIG/E-Scotter was instant but changing discretionary turn going to take years to get banned.

• Praise 3

5 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

The most best combi I used is stock pad with Brembo rotor.

The combi in Mini is vomit induced.

6 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Please dun leh, not with a sweeping bloom, anyway. 😅

Our SE gave us leh 😂

That's why i know must move the body/head around the A-pillar when turning, to ensure can see everything on the road and is not just nice blocked by it...

But I tend to agree with them.

Majority of the bochup or reckless Drivers I see, either have curtains that block exactly the right amount of space to mask their fugging face, or have laser shades.

Of course there will be nice Drivers with shades, just that I don’t notice them since they don’t drive kanasai.

even if an SE gives me the shades, I won’t use them :grin: 

Edited by Theoldjaffa
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 2