Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

1 minute ago, mikk123 said:

the cam car also one type. If you see the car in front is abnormal, then slow down and keep a good distance lah. Door are not supposed to open when moving, if it does, something is brewing. initially i thought someone will jump out of the car like James bond movie. 

Nowadays a lot of cars are driven by idiots who'd rather get the footage, post on brain dead vigilante sites (like SGRV, BCL, ROADS, SRD, STOMP, etc.) and get views and sympathy from strangers online than be safe themselves. 

Orbigoot. I hope cam car kena big time. 

Any sane driver would've quickly filtered to the left and effed off.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator

Lorry driver in viral incident against cyclist gets jail, fine and driving ban, intends to appeal

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/lorry-driver-jailed-cyclist-altercation-pasir-ris-12261606

teo-seng-tiong.jpg

SINGAPORE: A lorry driver found guilty of causing hurt to a cyclist by rash driving in an altercation that went viral was on Tuesday (Jan 14) sentenced to seven weeks' jail, fined S$500, and banned from driving for two years.

Teo Seng Tiong, who turned 59 on Tuesday, had been found guilty - following a trial - of swerving suddenly into the cyclist along Pasir Ris Drive 3 towards New Loyang Link at about 11.55am on Dec 22, 2018.

He was also convicted of failing to make a police report within 24 hours of the accident.

The prosecution listed Teo's previous convictions and traffic offences in court, beginning with voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapon in 1988, an obscene act in 1993, affray in 1999, insulting a woman's modesty in 2007 and voluntarily causing hurt in 2012.

He had committed offences since 2000 of speeding, careless driving, failing to conform to a red-light signal and failing to give way to an approaching vehicle.

District Judge Chay Yuen Fatt said he could not agree with the defence that the Teo should be fined for the driving-related charge, due to the nature of the offence and Teo's culpability.

However, he said the prosecution "had not given sufficient consideration to the deliberate and provocative acts of the cyclist in first blocking the accused then breaking the side mirror, notwithstanding that the accused's reaction was disproportionate". 

He gave Teo a sentence that was slightly lower than what the prosecution asked for.

Teo's lawyer, Chia Boon Teck of Chia Wong Chambers, said his client intends to appeal against conviction and sentence.

The judge increased bail by S$1,000 to S$6,000.

The cyclist involved in the case, Eric Cheung Hoyu, was fined S$2,800 in April last year for mischief and for not cycling in an orderly and careful manner as required under traffic regulations.

• Praise 2
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 4

9 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Thought she is going to jump out from the car?! [laugh] Reminds me of people when quarrel at home, some like to throw things out of their window.

Maybe she no guts to jump out from the car. So she throw a handbag out instead

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Buadongdong said:

Aiya... Before happy happy, maybe promise to buy this and that for her... Then after happy happy, then want to quietly go off without paying.. Women buay song.. then stop him lor.. haha.. 

Speaking from experience eh... 🤔

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

the cam car also one type. If you see the car in front is abnormal, then slow down and keep a good distance lah. Door are not supposed to open when moving, if it does, something is brewing. initially i thought someone will jump out of the car like James bond movie. 

Kam lan cam car. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Lorry driver in viral incident against cyclist gets jail, fine and driving ban, intends to appeal

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/lorry-driver-jailed-cyclist-altercation-pasir-ris-12261606

teo-seng-tiong.jpg

SINGAPORE: A lorry driver found guilty of causing hurt to a cyclist by rash driving in an altercation that went viral was on Tuesday (Jan 14) sentenced to seven weeks' jail, fined S$500, and banned from driving for two years.

Teo Seng Tiong, who turned 59 on Tuesday, had been found guilty - following a trial - of swerving suddenly into the cyclist along Pasir Ris Drive 3 towards New Loyang Link at about 11.55am on Dec 22, 2018.

He was also convicted of failing to make a police report within 24 hours of the accident.

The prosecution listed Teo's previous convictions and traffic offences in court, beginning with voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapon in 1988, an obscene act in 1993, affray in 1999, insulting a woman's modesty in 2007 and voluntarily causing hurt in 2012.

He had committed offences since 2000 of speeding, careless driving, failing to conform to a red-light signal and failing to give way to an approaching vehicle.

District Judge Chay Yuen Fatt said he could not agree with the defence that the Teo should be fined for the driving-related charge, due to the nature of the offence and Teo's culpability.

However, he said the prosecution "had not given sufficient consideration to the deliberate and provocative acts of the cyclist in first blocking the accused then breaking the side mirror, notwithstanding that the accused's reaction was disproportionate". 

He gave Teo a sentence that was slightly lower than what the prosecution asked for.

Teo's lawyer, Chia Boon Teck of Chia Wong Chambers, said his client intends to appeal against conviction and sentence.

The cyclist involved in the case, Eric Cheung Hoyu, was fined S$2,800 in April last year for mischief and for not cycling in an orderly and careful manner as required under traffic regulations.

Lorry driver kam lan also, got such background still wanna try the system. Cyclist laughing at the end, must be enjoying paying the fine. 

• Haha! 2

teo-seng-tiong.jpg

Iooking at the driver history, it is ok lah, a one kind meet another one kind, just 2 of the same kinds. Of course in this case I support the driver more.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Mingsect said:

chasing fake plate

Can see the bad guys practice taking corners at speed and the LTA guy has no experience of high speed connering.

They need to go for high speed pursuit courses or advance riding courses.

Not only for their own safety but for other road users as well.

:grin:

• Haha! 3

teo-seng-tiong.jpg

This driver killed 3 and only need to pay a small fine 🙄

Lorry driver in YCK accident that killed 3 fined S$1,400 for not having valid license & insurance

Xu Kai Xiang was given a discharge not amounting to an acquittal for dangerous driving that resulted in the death of the three pedestrians.

https://mothership.sg/2019/10/lorry-driver-yio-chu-kang-accident-fined-s1400/

1 hour ago, Yamapi said:

Lady passenger quarrel with family members in car and open the door while car is moving.   She then threw a handbag out of the moving car, causing chain collision

I heard the lady asked her SIL for a Birkin and he didn't get her a Birkin and she showed him what she really thought about the Xmas pressie he got her.

Please don't ask me how I know so much.

I only heard from my fren and he told me one. 

• Haha! 2

5 hours ago, Yewheng said:

IMG_20200114_133339.thumb.jpg.31d74eb6121c795725c7970b236b7c5a.jpg

Sbs transit bus went over the other side of the road divider kerb.. 

These days ah bus drivers got one kind one.

Safety is NOT their concern at all.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Hoseyboh said:

Must be a fake handbag. Thats why du lan threw out...😅

What you mean fake one.

It was a real one hor.

Just not the real one she wanted.

I heard her poor SIL pay so much for it hor.

• Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I heard the lady asked her SIL for a Birkin and he didn't get her a Birkin and she showed him what she really thought about the Xmas pressie he got her.

Please don't ask me how I know so much.

I only heard from my fren and he told me one. 

You don't know so much.

She got a fake Coach. 

The headline should read "Coach responsible for multi-chain car collision". 

Our newsies not so creative. 

😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4