Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

15 minutes ago, Sx4falcon said:

Even within LTA itself, they cannot even identify those vehicles that did not pay roadtax but still running around across ERP gantries. What else can we expected?  

Mean if they can send people letter once ERP flag if the person never paid ERP charges, this is BS if they say they cannot identify if RoadTAX/Insurance is not paid.

It is just simple query to match IU number with all active ROADTAX/Insurance and if no record found send alert to SPF/LTA (if they still insist it is that difficult then here is query 

IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM ROADTAX_INSURANCE_TABLE WHERE CURRENT_IU=CULPRIT_CAR_IU) SELECT 'SEND ALERT SPF/LTA'
)

It is true SQL query and it is not that difficult to match these people, but hey maybe people who getting million dollars knows better.

Edited by commonjunks
Added "NOT" between "IF EXISTS", else it will send alert to all those who have valid ROADTAX/Insurance :P
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

both should be given a fine and some demerit points. 

Road hogger should be given both, illegal light installer should be also given jail time to install blinkers which are only meant for emergency vehicle.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, commonjunks said:

Mean if they can send people letter once ERP flag if the person never paid ERP charges, this is BS if they say they cannot identify if RoadTAX/Insurance is not paid.

It is just simple query to match IU number with all active ROADTAX/Insurance and if no record found send alert to SPF/LTA (if they still insist it is that difficult then here is query 

IF EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM ROADTAX_INSURANCE_TABLE WHERE CURRENT_IU=CULPRIT_CAR_IU) SELECT 'SEND ALERT SPF/LTA')

It is true SQL query and it is not that difficult to match these people, but hey maybe people who getting million dollars knows better.

don't even need to check ERP records if they really want to get those unpaid roadtax fellow. Just simply whether they bother to get them.

But for now, whoever get into accident with those cheapo will suffer. No insurance covergae to claim from......

3 minutes ago, Sx4falcon said:

don't even need to check ERP records if they really want to get those unpaid roadtax fellow. Just simply whether they bother to get them.

But for now, whoever get into accident with those cheapo will suffer. No insurance covergae to claim from......

But hey as long as ERP charges are paid they are not breaking any law, also as long as govt property is not damaged it is not their problem.
If your property damage in the process and no bodily harm done then hire a private lawyer and end up finding the culprit is poor to pay a dime (win win for culprit).

3 minutes ago, commonjunks said:

But hey as long as ERP charges are paid they are not breaking any law, also as long as govt property is not damaged it is not their problem.
If your property damage in the process and no bodily harm done then hire a private lawyer and end up finding the culprit is poor to pay a dime (win win for culprit).

not true. Driving without valid roadtax is against the law.

• Praise 3

Just now, Sx4falcon said:

not true. Driving without valid roadtax is against the law.

I know it is against the law, but remember a case when this driver kill 3 people and he don't have valid license (not sure about road tax).
It is all good as long as you don't get caught, and for those who have no interest in Singapore (like families/life), even get caught then what pay fine/license suspension (maybe a little jail time) and go back to their home land.

4 hours ago, Blueray said:

this is not the only junction whereby the right turning vehicles have to wait at a red light after the first set of green lights. it is in fact very common.

it is the driver's responsibility to obey traffic signals, road signs and lane markings. 

But if the the road and traffic light design is f.up, blame who? 

2nd accident at Braddell Road junction last night! Honda Stream beat red light and got hit by SBS bus

Edited by Stooky
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Sx4falcon said:

Even within LTA itself, they cannot even identify those vehicles that did not pay roadtax but still running around across ERP gantries. What else can we expected?  

Hope with erp 2.0 will solve this problem.. 

1 minute ago, Stooky said:

2nd accident at Braddell Road junction last night! Honda Stream beat red light and got hit by SBS bus

Wtf these drivers.. 

5 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

how often we are F.. alot of regulation strict for own pple but relax for others..

Friends, before we throw this driver under the bus (pun intended), I think that our own drivers aren't much better, and given the proportion of foreigners driving trucks instead of cars, it may seem like they are worse, but our own drivers are pretty awful too... food for thought bros...

• Praise 8

16 hours ago, Mustank said:

Heng is King Kong bus not motor

If motor, doubt can survive

this kind of big lorry always bully motor and car, good thing meet King Kong bus

Seekali lorry guy is not designated driver vocation, insurance don’t want pay sbs bus. I want to see how they settle

best is stupid lorry beyond Economic repair, scrap immediately 

Should have been a dump truck. Flatten the lorry. Then no need to have a court case

• Praise 1

42 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Wtf these drivers.. 

That road design looks completely f**ked up. 

You never put a stop light immediately after a turn. Never. Because people are a) accelerating and not expecting to have to brake again so suddenly and b) have their vision obscured by the fact that they're turning and not just going straight. 

This is terrible design and I have no idea what the overpaid idiots at LTA were thinking. 

Sure, you can argue that others weren't caught out. Perhaps they have become familiar with the design through use. And it's possible they were caught out once upon a time, but they got lucky because there was no cross-traffic. Road design shouldn't have to depend upon familiarity for safety. A well-designed road should be equally safe for noobs as well as seasoned travellers. 

There's no need to drastically change the layout of the junction, but at least they have to adjust the timings. Make sure turning traffic has greens through the lights immediately after the turn and the next red is a decent distance away along a straight road, giving everyone time to react. Or at least put that big signboard with flashing ambers saying prepare to stop - before the turn.

By the way, this isn't the only junction with this piss poor design. I remember there being a turn around the West Coast/Pasir Panjang area that has exactly this issue, and I was caught out once and needed to reverse back behind the lines of the junction. But only the once - I learned after that. But the fact that my familiarity helps me avoid a repeat doesn't mean the design of the junction is good, it's still terrible.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 8
  • Haha! 1

there you go ... that’s the answer

if we banned FT tiong and neh to drive pick-up and lorry

all constructions in spore can halt to standstill! 

But they are more compliant and willing to work long and irregular hours.

Edited by Wt_know

10 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

That road design looks completely f**ked up. 

You never put a stop light immediately after a turn. Never. Because people are a) accelerating and not expecting to have to brake again so suddenly and b) have their vision obscured by the fact that they're turning and not just going straight. 

This is terrible design and I have no idea what the overpaid idiots at LTA were thinking. 

Sure, you can argue that others weren't caught out. Perhaps they have become familiar with the design through use. And it's possible they were caught out once upon a time, but they got lucky because there was no cross-traffic. Road design shouldn't have to depend upon familiarity for safety. A well-designed road should be equally safe for noobs as well as seasoned travellers. 

There's no need to drastically change the layout of the junction, but at least they have to adjust the timings. Make sure turning traffic has greens through the lights immediately after the turn and the next red is a decent distance away along a straight road, giving everyone time to react. Or at least put that big signboard with flashing ambers saying prepare to stop - before the turn.

By the way, this isn't the only junction with this piss poor design. I remember there being a turn around the West Coast/Pasir Panjang area that has exactly this issue, and I was caught out once and needed to reverse back behind the lines of the junction. But only the once - I learned after that. But the fact that my familiarity helps me avoid a repeat doesn't mean the design of the junction is good, it's still terrible.

There is one more junction like this - selegie road, bukit timah road and serangoon road traffic lights...have had multiple accidents there and LTA thinks they are idiot proof.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1