Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

11 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

That road design looks completely f**ked up. 

You never put a stop light immediately after a turn. Never. Because people are a) accelerating and not expecting to have to brake again so suddenly and b) have their vision obscured by the fact that they're turning and not just going straight. 

This is terrible design and I have no idea what the overpaid idiots at LTA were thinking. 

Sure, you can argue that others weren't caught out. Perhaps they have become familiar with the design through use. And it's possible they were caught out once upon a time, but they got lucky because there was no cross-traffic. Road design shouldn't have to depend upon familiarity for safety. A well-designed road should be equally safe for noobs as well as seasoned travellers. 

There's no need to drastically change the layout of the junction, but at least they have to adjust the timings. Make sure turning traffic has greens through the lights immediately after the turn and the next red is a decent distance away along a straight road, giving everyone time to react. Or at least put that big signboard with flashing ambers saying prepare to stop - before the turn.

By the way, this isn't the only junction with this piss poor design. I remember there being a turn around the West Coast/Pasir Panjang area that has exactly this issue, and I was caught out once and needed to reverse back behind the lines of the junction. But only the once - I learned after that. But the fact that my familiarity helps me avoid a repeat doesn't mean the design of the junction is good, it's still terrible.

I complained to LTA about insufficient speed limit warning sign prior to speed trap.

LTA answer: Our data shows otherwise

🤦🏼‍♀

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Stooky said:

2nd accident at Braddell Road junction last night! Honda Stream beat red light and got hit by SBS bus

is the car hazard light programmed to activate upon impact?

or the driver's reaction damn fast, mid spin already activate hazard light?

4 hours ago, Beregond said:

road hogger complain, tio backfire. 😏

There is a Chinese saying for such people - the horse doesn't know it has a long face.... 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

47 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

You never put a stop light immediately after a turn. Never. Because people are a) accelerating and not expecting to have to brake again so suddenly and b) have their vision obscured by the fact that they're turning and not just going straight. 

who said must accelerate out of a turn? that is track thinking 😁

just kidding, understand and agreed with ur points.

• Haha! 2

7 minutes ago, boonhat_91 said:

is the car hazard light programmed to activate upon impact?

or the driver's reaction damn fast, mid spin already activate hazard light?

Also noticed in some Taxis their hazard light activate if their speed drastically reduced, don't think they are that fast to activate hazard light that quick (hardly see them activating indicators to turn).

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Should have been a dump truck. Flatten the lorry. Then no need to have a court case

Should be a devastator or optimus prime class King Kong with no brakes :XD:

A4E3A0E3-FCAD-47AA-8449-471EF47EDE1F.gif

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

There is a Chinese saying for such people - the horse doesn't know it has a long face.... 

I realized japan also have but probably they have much cross cultural exchanges 

88A96509-DA8E-49CE-B18F-49176F6C93BC.gif

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

That road design looks completely f**ked up. 

This is terrible design and I have no idea what the overpaid idiots at LTA were thinking. 

Sure, you can argue that others weren't caught out. Perhaps they have become familiar with the design through use. And it's possible they were caught out once upon a time, but they got lucky because there was no cross-traffic. Road design shouldn't have to depend upon familiarity for safety. A well-designed road should be equally safe for noobs as well as seasoned travellers. 

There's no need to drastically change the layout of the junction, but at least they have to adjust the timings. Make sure turning traffic has greens through the lights immediately after the turn and the next red is a decent distance away along a straight road, giving everyone time to react. Or at least put that big signboard with flashing ambers saying prepare to stop - before the turn.

By the way, this isn't the only junction with this piss poor design. I remember there being a turn around the West Coast/Pasir Panjang area that has exactly this issue, and I was caught out once and needed to reverse back behind the lines of the junction. But only the once - I learned after that. But the fact that my familiarity helps me avoid a repeat doesn't mean the design of the junction is good, it's still terrible.

Another one of these junction is at upper changi road north as well. Seen lots of close call. 

I did actually feedback to LTA with suggestions through their website and they replied they looking into implementing the suggestions where feasible (time will tell)

If anything I guess is good to take some time to write to them. Yes sometimes it is terrible design, but also not easy for an agency to see every single detail with so much traffic each day. Who knows a simple 5min write up might just save someone's life. 😀

• Praise 3

Supercharged
40 minutes ago, kelaihoyin said:

Another one of these junction is at upper changi road north as well. Seen lots of close call. 

I did actually feedback to LTA with suggestions through their website and they replied they looking into implementing the suggestions where feasible (time will tell)

If anything I guess is good to take some time to write to them. Yes sometimes it is terrible design, but also not easy for an agency to see every single detail with so much traffic each day. Who knows a simple 5min write up might just save someone's life. 😀

The trick to getting a quick response is to cc your MP or even the minister in charge.

2 hours ago, kelaihoyin said:

LTA is an useless organisation, feedback to them is like no feedback. 🙄

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, 13177 said:

LTA is an useless organisation, feedback to them is like no feedback. 🙄

Unless you have had experience of your own, is always easy to say someone is not up to standard. 

Yes, they aren't perfect, always room for improvement. But having the thinking that giving feedback is useless is exactly why they can't improve since they need the data from every day users.

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, kelaihoyin said:

Unless you have had experience of your own, is always easy to say someone is not up to standard. 

Yes, they aren't perfect, always room for improvement. But having the thinking that giving feedback is useless is exactly why they can't improve since they need the data from every day users.

fully agreed.

I once observed a road situation which I felt was unsafe. Took some pictures and emailed LTA stating the danger and suggesting an improvement.

They implemented it about 3 weeks later.

No PBM or NTUC vouchers for me though. [:p]

Just community service. [flowerface]

• Praise 7

6 minutes ago, Blueray said:

fully agreed.

I once observed a road situation which I felt was unsafe. Took some pictures and emailed LTA stating the danger and suggesting an improvement.

They implemented it about 3 weeks later.

No PBM or NTUC vouchers for me though. [:p]

Just community service. [flowerface]

If the road is really unsafe or a big pothole on the road, when you feedback to them, surely they will take action lo.

I am referring to situation like bad road design or silly traffic lights setting, you see LTA would really do something about it or not?! 🙄

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

3 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If the road is really unsafe or a big pothole on the road, when you feedback to them, surely they will take action lo.

I am referring to situation like bad road design or silly traffic lights setting, you see LTA would really do something about it or not?! 🙄

it was a design problem.

they wrote to me that they needed 2 weeks to study.

don't kpkb LTA if you have not even taken the effort to write in to highlight the issue to them. 

• Praise 5

23 hours ago, Mustank said:

Wah so fast got news come out

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/2-passengers-taken-to-hospital-in-accident-involving-bus-lorry-and-car-in-braddell-road

The 23-year-old lorry driver, an Indian national who has been in Singapore for 1½ years, told ST that he just obtained his Singapore driving licence three months ago and has been driving for about 20 days. He works for Lim Kim Huat Building Construction and was driving to a nearby construction site when the accident occurred.

an Indian national - says it all.

:grin:

Every time I see someone driving badly in a commercial vehicle

75% of the time is someone from the land of rapists.

20% is old Chinese man that couldn't care less

5% is young driver.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

10 hours ago, commonjunks said:

Some pricks who always think it is their GOD given right to drive in right lane even all other lanes are empty and they don't have to give a flying fark if they are holding all traffic at back.

Some people are so farking busy chatting with their passenger that they don't even want to look at their rear view mirror that they are causing jam which could be solved if they move their arse in slower lane.

So many good post today

[thumbsup]

Encountered these two idiots this morning, but didn't have the time to upload till now. My friend @Theoldjaffa will like these, seeing as he's so "fond" of Q-cutters. 😂

The first twat in the Mazda I could do nothing about, but I gave the second twat in the Golf a piece of my mind!🤣

• Praise 11
  • Haha! 5

See the speed of the lorry just before merging

it was always going to be an accident.

Idiot lorry drivers.

If only Vios was a taxi then sure got $70,000 bill for bad back or tooth repair.

Teach the lorry driver a lesson.

Vios driver if you are reading this still not too late to report whiplash.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2