Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

This Evo 10 being a coe renewed car, will likely only have TPFT insurance coverage.

i think this car can scrap Liao unless he’s willing to pay the repair costs.

and if he paid 100k and the residual COE is only 40k, that’s a 60k write off.

or will insurer pay the “market value” which is the price of a similar Evo 10?

Anyone knows?

Edited by Theoldjaffa
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Stupid cam car hogger.

i think after speeding up, the Evo had his eyes on his rear view mirror looking at the cam car and cursing under his breath

when another kuku car suddenly cut into his lane, forcing him to jam brake when he put his eyes back in front

Kan cheong, lost control and ended up like that.

AWD also like that 😲 so don’t misplace your faith in that 

But that stretch of road is 70km/h .... 🤷‍♂️

Cam car could have followed the speed limit but the Evo too eager to overtake to show off what a Evo can do ... 😖

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Cam car could have followed the speed limit but the Evo too eager to overtake to show off what a Evo can do ... 😖

Not saying the Evo was right

but the cam car driver is definitely the first prick

• Praise 8

1 minute ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Not saying the Evo was right

but the cam car driver is definitely the first prick

my take is road hogger is not the enforcer of speed limit.. if one wanna pass u even he break speed limit .. just filter and let the faster car pass.. simple..

• Praise 2

6 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

This Evo 10 being a coe renewed car, will likely only have TPFT insurance coverage.

Anyone knows?

You’re contradicting yourself here - if the car is on TPFT then the insurer will only cover the other things the Evo has hit and damaged or injured. The cost of repairing or replacing the Evo is nothing of the insurer’s concern.

In the context of a comprehensive claim however it is common for insurers to lowball the owner, even heard of a colleague getting offered scrap value which he rejected as he pointed out he could simply get that direct from LTA without needing any insurer coverage. But comparable cars for sale on the market may be a reference point though it can be argued listed prices aren’t necessarily reflective of the true value.

• Praise 2

8 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

You’re contradicting yourself here - if the car is on TPFT then the insurer will only cover the other things the Evo has hit and damaged or injured. The cost of repairing or replacing the Evo is nothing of the insurer’s concern.

In the context of a comprehensive claim however it is common for insurers to lowball the owner, even heard of a colleague getting offered scrap value which he rejected as he pointed out he could simply get that direct from LTA without needing any insurer coverage. But comparable cars for sale on the market may be a reference point though it can be argued listed prices aren’t necessarily reflective of the true value.

Oh ya you’re right.. TPFT liao why would I think about insurer paying for his own damage.

haha think I’m high from overdose of pineapple tarts :grin: 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

AWD + BBK also didn't help the Evo stopped in a straight line?

I suspect with full braking he still not able to stop on time, so driver may had steer left to avoid hitting the car and lost control. Sudden turn of steering when braking. That is why going through fast corner , always brake before the corner and not during the corner when steering.

Edited by Tohto

1 hour ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Anyone knows?

Can be repaired la. Haha. Big Ang bao to workshop only. Cam car and idiot, but evo10 a bigger idiot for letting his ego get the better of him and cannot control the power. Wonder what car was the cam car. If it was a slow BB Car I lagi LMAO! 

3 hours ago, Mingsect said:

Camcar was trying to be helpful, but stopping there might result in an accident..

And get rid of all that stuff on the dash man! It's causing a lot of reflection!

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Ya but alas failed! Wanna tia people also must have some skills to look ahead and then plan and execute. A Fast and competent car, disappointed by a no skill driver.... pity the car to have to bear the brunt of it. 

I hope for more of such incidents by the evo to put people in their place And stop using their car as an ego booster and a weapon. He was lucky no one else was hurt, except the Lorry which he hit. Frankly I have nothing to say but they deserve it. 

at the end of the day, had the evo killed someone, do you think people would have accepted that He said the cam car blocked his way which was why he did what he did? Would you have proportioned less blame on the evo if he killed your loved one? I wouldn’t. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

The hogger must have been feeling infinitely self righteous and proud of himself as he would be telling himself that if the Evo didn’t try to overtake him he would not have ended up in a car crash. 

But what he will not tell himself is that if he had given way to the Evo earlier the accident may not have happened either.

Anyhow. Evo should not have sped. Though this road is 3 lanes wide as one can now see, it’s quite unforgiving. The TP that catches him doing that kind of speed that would be very unforgiving too - at least court date, if not license suspension also.

I believe the Evo 'expected' the cam car to yield instead of just using lane 2 and continue his merry way. Just like in the expressway, the fast car 'expects' all cars in front to yield, if not he will tailgate and do stunts.

13 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

oredi saw a serious one at AMK ave 3 CTE exit.. 3 TP Volvo on scene

This morning to temple oso see alot of "ONCE a YEAR" driver on the road.. anyhow turn/filter.. the other thing is alot of family like to form convoy.. macam wedding style.. this is BAD in my opinion as those not familiar get worried if they cannot form up and anyhow cut here n there..

Drive safe and HUAT! 

Just now on the road was horrible.. Encounter a car that drive till the very last minute realised need to filter to exit and is already at the last 10m. So he stopped at chevelon and wait for opportunity to filter to exit.. 

Then there is this driver.. I was following this driver behind at kpe (towards sengkang) exit to pie tuas.. When out of the tunnel, he continue on the left most lane and he was travelling at 40km/h.. As I need to exit to cte (city).. So I continue follow him at left most lane.. 2nd last lane cars I estimate was travelling around 60plus to 70plus km/h. Then he seems like ai mai type of don't know to want to lane change to next lane or what, he also never turn on signal light until very last minute (cars on the next lane keep passing him at around 60 to 70plus km/h) and this time because it was about 50m to the cte (city) exit.. I buay tahan.. Seeing him like that cannot lane change.. So I use my car as a shield.. I changed to next lane and then maintain the 40km/h and let him lane change to the next lane.. 

Those once a year driver really very dangerous sia..

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 4

I have no issue with speedster.  They smoked me and bid bye bye to me.

Hogger on the other hand, is like a 小强, kept crawling in front  and irritate me.

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

AWD + BBK also didn't help the Evo stopped in a straight line?

seems like traction control was off?   normally with abs,, tyres should not lockup and so much smokes and lines on the road

21 minutes ago, Mingsect said:

seems like traction control was off?   normally with abs,, tyres should not lockup and so much smokes and lines on the road

ABS was obviously non functional and traction control either disabled or non functional as well.

If they were working, this accident likely wouldn't occur at all (or at most minor side swipe)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2