Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

Evo driver got zero driving skill, if he went for advance driving course, all he needs to do is slam on the brakes and hope for the best... turning the wheel only makes the car goes side ways..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Evo driver is trying to do an F1 style DRS overtake then runs into a back marker and ends up with an F1 style massive lock-up and crash.

Very entertaining to watch but very painful lesson.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

12 hours ago, Yeshe said:

No doubt evo is speeding, cam car is hogger. 

The rules of lane 1 being fast lane apply to the expressway and not normal roads.  This isn't an expressway, so it's difficult to jump to the conclusion about "road hogging". 

That's why expressways are typically setup to have the off-ramps on the outer most lanes, as to allow for an overtake lane on lane 1.  Normal roads are not setup like this. 

On normal roads, they lane can be a turning lane and hence a car has every right to stay on that lane, provided they are travelling at the speed limit. They don't have to yield just because someone wants to go faster. 

Of course, a safe driver probably would have yielded to prevent an accident, but the Evo was completely in the wrong if an accident were to occur. 

• Praise 4
  • Dislike 1

Turbocharged
32 minutes ago, GTO-1 said:

The rules of lane 1 being fast lane apply to the expressway and not normal roads.  This isn't an expressway, so it's difficult to jump to the conclusion about "road hogging". 

That's why expressways are typically setup to have the off-ramps on the outer most lanes, as to allow for an overtake lane on lane 1.  Normal roads are not setup like this. 

On normal roads, they lane can be a turning lane and hence a car has every right to stay on that lane, provided they are travelling at the speed limit. They don't have to yield just because someone wants to go faster. 

Of course, a safe driver probably would have yielded to prevent an accident, but the Evo was completely in the wrong if an accident were to occur. 

Road hogging is a mentality, not a rule. Pls go drive at 20km/h on lane 1 in any road in SG, see what happen to u. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

14 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

Road hogging is a mentality, not a rule. Pls go drive at 20km/h on lane 1 in any road in SG, see what happen to u. 

Actually it's a rule and not a mentality: https://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/lta-confirms-it-illegal-road-hog-singapore. I would get your facts straight before you make a comment like that. 

It's also not legal to travel well below the speed limit. That also is a road rule and you can get fined for it. So your comment doesn't really apply. 

There is a distinct difference between a person driving at 70km/hr on a 70km/hr road (like this person seems to be doing), than a car doing 20km/hr on a 70km/hr road. If someone is doing the speed limit on normal roads, then they have no obligation by law to yield to a car wanting to do 100km/hr on that road.  Of course a safe driver would yield for his/her own safety. 

Edited by GTO-1
  • Praise 1

10 hours ago, Simplecar said:

Just like in the expressway, the fast car 'expects' all cars in front to yield, if not he will tailgate and do stunts.

It's just driving etiquette & courtesy lah. 

10 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Just now on the road was horrible.. Encounter a car that drive till the very last minute realised need to filter to exit and is already at the last 10m. So he stopped at chevelon and wait for opportunity to filter to exit.. 

Then there is this driver.. I was following this driver behind at kpe (towards sengkang) exit to pie tuas.. When out of the tunnel, he continue on the left most lane and he was travelling at 40km/h.. As I need to exit to cte (city).. So I continue follow him at left most lane.. 2nd last lane cars I estimate was travelling around 60plus to 70plus km/h. Then he seems like ai mai type of don't know to want to lane change to next lane or what, he also never turn on signal light until very last minute (cars on the next lane keep passing him at around 60 to 70plus km/h) and this time because it was about 50m to the cte (city) exit.. I buay tahan.. Seeing him like that cannot lane change.. So I use my car as a shield.. I changed to next lane and then maintain the 40km/h and let him lane change to the next lane.. 

Those once a year driver really very dangerous sia..

Please report, so that they can learn. Have you reported any of such incidences, at all ? 

44 minutes ago, GTO-1 said:

here we go again <_<

• Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Mingsect said:

seems like traction control was off?   normally with abs,, tyres should not lockup and so much smokes and lines on the road

No. Abs can still allow for a certain amount of lock. 

• Praise 1

28 minutes ago, Othello said:

here we go again <_<

The point is people on this thread like to play self-righteous and vilify without having context of the actual law (of which it seems many people actually don't know).

Once you put driving in the context of the actual law (ignore courtesy for the time being), some of the drivers actually aren't doing anything wrong. 

What I do vs what you want me to do is entirely different, depending on your mood and my mood on that specific day. All we have is the law to create a common baseline between all of us.  As far as I'm concerned the cam car has every right to travel at the speed limit on that stretch of road, and I believe the law agrees with me. Regardless of what you or anyone else thinks.

Edited by GTO-1
  • Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

Might be an ah beng driving a 2nd hand Evo thinking speed is everything. Haha. 

ya loh..

yesterday I F my son upside down even is the first day of new year..

He drive his friend Ferrari despite his lesson only 4 months old! His father me drive 30 years.. don even dare to touch WRX/EVO..

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Hogging the right lane at exactly the speed limit according to their car speedo (which usually overstate the actual speed by 5 to 10%) are usually done be self righteous p r i x. 

Nuff' said. 

• Praise 4
  • Dislike 1
  • Haha! 1

I’ve mentioned a few times before.

Not giving way to a faster vehicle is akin to a person letting out a full load of smelly fart in a lift with passengers.

it is not illegal, they are not doing anything wrong

but it’s farking inconsiderate and irritating to others. Get the analogy?

Don’t just insist on laws and rights. Have some consideration and empathy.

• Praise 9
  • Haha! 2

14 hours ago, Mingsect said:

No one hates road hoggers more than me here.

Every time you see me condemn them.

But here the cam car was driving at speed and overtaking cars on lane 2.

The first opportunity for cam car to move left the EVO already moved left and started to pass on the left.

Had the EVO stayed on the right and flashed either we see a road hogger or he move left.

Until there is an opportunity to move left we cannot say the cam car is a road hogger.  

:grin:

Anyway the EVO driver was using his car as a weapon to show off.

He wasn't driving to get from A to B as quickly as possible like most of us.

Once I pass someone I don't waste time to play with them

This EVO just wanted to play on the road and he plays like a kid with 0 skill.

He was looking for attention like a kid and well I really enjoyed giving him all my attention.

I replayed the clip 3 or 4 times. EVO driver is a star. A real star. 

The point is we in MCF are FAST and SAFE.

The EVO driver is fast and stupid. WE are not dangerous, the EVO driver IS.

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 3

6 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

The first opportunity for cam car to move left the EVO already moved left and started to pass on the left.

Had the EVO stayed on the right and flashed either we see a road hogger or he move left.

Until there is an opportunity to move left we cannot say the cam car is a road hogger.  

He was looking for attention like a kid and well I really enjoyed giving him all my attention.

We don't burn tyres, the Evo did, just like Takahashi Kunimitsu does!

• Haha! 3

11 hours ago, therock said:

Camcar was trying to be helpful, but stopping there might result in an accident..

And get rid of all that stuff on the dash man! It's causing a lot of reflection!

Sometime just couldn't understand why some driver can put so much things on the dash. 

Even a pcs of parking coupon there I already felt irritating. 

• Haha! 2

21 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

After the cam car overtake the last black car in front of the van, he can filter left already.  Just need to on the signal light to show his intention and I believe the EVo will let him change lane.

But I think he is not doing that.

• Praise 1

57 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Hogging the right lane at exactly the speed limit according to their car speedo (which usually overstate the actual speed by 5 to 10%) are usually done be self righteous p r i x. 

Nuff' said. 

Good for you. If you think your above the law, then be my guest, but don't expect everyone to follow your value chain. 

If you decide you're going to overtake/undertake on these roads, that's you're call as a driver. But don't expect others (who are following the law) to suddenly give way to you because you think you're better or entitled to do it. I would call those drivers entitled p r i x. 

Nuff' said

Edited by GTO-1
  • Praise 1

29 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

I’ve mentioned a few times before.

Not giving way to a faster vehicle is akin to a person letting out a full load of smelly fart in a lift with passengers.

it is not illegal, they are not doing anything wrong

but it’s farking inconsiderate and irritating to others. Get the analogy?

Don’t just insist on laws and rights. Have some consideration and empathy.

Great. But expecting me to drive faster the speed limit because you want to rush somewhere is the cam drivers fault how? Especially when the cam car is doing nothing wrong. 

I reciprocate that comment back to you: have some consideration and empathy AND patience. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1