Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

2 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

You’ll never know what the guy behind is rushing for. It could be going to the columbarium to send off his loved one for the final time. It could be rushing to attend to a medical emergency.

just keep left if you intend to drive slow and keep within the limits.

I hope you don’t encounter those self righteous pricks when you yourself need to rush for an emergency. Let’s see if you will tell yourself to be patient.

He could be just an a**hole too and he certainly got what he deserved - no car during CNY.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

18 hours ago, Mingsect said:

From my view I wouldn't say the cam car was really road hogging since he was on the right lane to overtake the slower cars. Thing is I were overtaking some slow cars and this car came up and tailgate me so close after overtaking I also wouldn't give way immediately cause he might try and undercut me (which might result in accident), the footage didnt play out long enough to see if the cam car would give way or not.

Under another scenario if the cam car was really going that fast (100kmh +) if the Evo was experience he should also note that underaking @ 120+ kmh in this kind of road he should be more aware of his surroundings. Looking a the time the silver car cut in (more than enough reaction time) it was either the evo did't see the silver car cause he was too busy ego stroking by looking at the rearview mirror, or he wanted to speed up to cut off the silver car. Eitherway he deserved it, lucky no one got killed in this sattire. Heng Ah

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
51 minutes ago, GTO-1 said:

Sure. And I hope you don't drive above you skill level and end up like the Evo. 

Nice to know that. Dun worry, my crap car can't perform, so I won't have chance to do such stunts like the evo :D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

47 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Be it whatever road, the moment I spotted myself blocking faster vehicle, I move from the fastest lane.

Why?

己所不欲 勿施于人

I would also hope that the font slower car would give way to me if i am behind him. 

It's that simple,.

Yes, that's  is the right way. I will do that.

We will never knows there might be a doctor on urgent call rushing to the hospital to save a life.

• Praise 2

Frankly, if one was really rushing for time to atttend to an emergency, he will just focus on the front after overtaking and move on. Instead he’s looking at the rear view mirror and probably cursing the cam car and as a result he failed to see the silver car changing lane.

Just an A-hole la.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

3 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Frankly, if one was really rushing for time to atttend to an emergency, he will just focus on the front after overtaking and move on. Instead he’s looking at the rear view mirror and probably cursing the cam car and as a result he failed to see the silver car changing lane.

Just an A-hole la.

When I chiet a road hogger,  he is behind me and history.

He can honk or high beam me for my action, I don't give a damn.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 4

45 minutes ago, Vid said:

To haolian, you either is v rich or v skillful. If don't have either, then don't haolian

If I very lich I will be to busy spending money.

No time to haolian.

:grin:

I will take my MIL to all the nice places I posted in Japan with the nice food and resorts with the hot springs to make her feel at home.

image.png.f318b82c5e5e929529970f2332f34746.png 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Mercury1 said:

From my view I wouldn't say the cam car was really road hogging since he was on the right lane to overtake the slower cars. Thing is I were overtaking some slow cars and this car came up and tailgate me so close after overtaking I also wouldn't give way immediately cause he might try and undercut me (which might result in accident), the footage didnt play out long enough to see if the cam car would give way or not.

Under another scenario if the cam car was really going that fast (100kmh +) if the Evo was experience he should also note that underaking @ 120+ kmh in this kind of road he should be more aware of his surroundings. Looking a the time the silver car cut in (more than enough reaction time) it was either the evo did't see the silver car cause he was too busy ego stroking by looking at the rearview mirror, or he wanted to speed up to cut off the silver car. Eitherway he deserved it, lucky no one got killed in this sattire. Heng Ah

I see things exactly the same way. :a-m1212:

• Praise 1

the footage didnt play out long enough to see if the cam car would give way or not.

How to call the driver a road hogger?

Innocent until proven guilty right? 

Really not long enough to determine if the cam car would hog or not.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Dumb fark Evo driver....HAHAHA. Got what he absolutely truly thoroughly deserved. Rushing to get angbao? 

Now he can spend his CNY with no car with all workshops closed. 😂

Actually I do agree that this is a normal road and not an expressway so for this kind of situation, it is basic courtesy and road etiquette to give way to faster driver behind you rather than the law. Just my opinion.

No need to argue here during CNY la...take it easy. 

Maybe he upgraded brake but do not realised that with greater stopping power = higher chance of tyre lock up. Must come with package in terms of balancing between front and back too.. 

3 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Told you guys that hoggers are like roaches.

No matter how you argue, they will still continue to hog. 

So dont waste your breadth.

1 of the reasons why they hog is because they didn't realise they are hogging.

How will someone stop doing the wrong things if they didn't even realise what they are doing the wrong things in the first place?

• Praise 4

4 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

You’ll never know what the guy behind is rushing for. It could be going to the columbarium to send off his loved one for the final time. It could be rushing to attend to a medical emergency.

just keep left if you intend to drive slow and keep within the limits.

I hope you don’t encounter those self righteous pricks when you yourself need to rush for an emergency. Let’s see if you will tell yourself to be patient.

Don't bother to reason with such p ri xs lah... They live in their own world and fart in lift full of people de like Theoldjaffa said.  He is going to the ignore list. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 5

7 minutes ago, Sx4falcon said:

How will someone stop doing the wrong things if they didn't even realise what they are doing the wrong things in the first place?

That would be plausible if we didn't have plenty of examples of people insisting they're in the right even when proper etiquette (and even the law in some cases) is pointed out to them. That applies to this forum, the people who gravitate to the idiotic vigilante sites as well as many drivers you meet in the flesh as well.

Ignorance is barely an excuse under any circumstances, but it definitely isn't one when it's clearly wilful, and often spiteful.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

How to call the driver a road hogger?

Innocent until proven guilty right? 

Really not long enough to determine if the cam car would hog or not.

When I driving and intend to filter to left to give way after over taking lane 2 car. I will already swtich on my signal way before the last car over taking.

This is telling car that is behind me that I will be filtering over soon.

I think another problem here is many driver forget that their car had something  call signal indicator light. 

• Praise 8

24 minutes ago, Sx4falcon said:

As a defensive driving style,  should always periodically check rear view mirror to be always aware of the entire traffic conidtion. 

Driving is not just 100% looking at the front.

• Praise 4

It is ok to drive slow. But pls keep to slow lane. If there is a driver who is tailgating, then pls make way.

Doesn't matter right or wrong or if it is driving within speed limit or not. 

It is about common sense. 

Even on footpath where space is tight. If I walking on my own pace and realise there is a jogger behind me, I will keep one side and let the jogger pass me. It takes less than 2s to do that and then i can continue with my walk happily and so does the jogger.

Same goes on the road. 

There are times I tailgate and drivers change lane to allow me to pass. I appreciate that. There are times I'm being tailgate and I too change lane to allow the faster car to pass.

End of the day as I said. It is not about who is right who is wrong. Its about making the drive more enjoyable for every road user.

If one always keep brain at home and justify whether it is the rules or not, then one is lacking common sense.

• Praise 20

30 minutes ago, Gizmore said:

It is ok to drive slow. But pls keep to slow lane. If there is a driver who is tailgating, then pls make way.

Doesn't matter right or wrong or if it is driving within speed limit or not. 

It is about common sense. 

Even on footpath where space is tight. If I walking on my own pace and realise there is a jogger behind me, I will keep one side and let the jogger pass me. It takes less than 2s to do that and then i can continue with my walk happily and so does the jogger.

Same goes on the road. 

There are times I tailgate and drivers change lane to allow me to pass. I appreciate that. There are times I'm being tailgate and I too change lane to allow the faster car to pass.

End of the day as I said. It is not about who is right who is wrong. Its about making the drive more enjoyable for every road user.

If one always keep brain at home and justify whether it is the rules or not, then one is lacking common sense.

Will said. You basically summarize all.

↡ Advertisement