Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

11 hours ago, Othello said:

wah lao, what's with these old vids ??? 

Recycling n environmental friendly has taken a turn for the worst. Else the AI bot has a glitch 

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Mockngbrd said:

Worst are those hoggers who try to speed up when u try to overtake on the left. Key word, "try". 

Or start braking and go even slower.

2 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Another sign of aggression is after evo undertake... straight away cut into the right lane to show displeasure.. if he kept going in the middle lane.. nothing would have happened.. ego got the better of him. 

This is one EVO driver with an EGO who went from HERO to ZERO trying to teach the road hog a lesson.

Both behaviour cannot be condoned.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Have you heard of keep left unless overtaking?

Actually I have only seen this sign on expressway, not on normal road. 

• Praise 4

So in this recent EVO accident, I observed that the cam car is already overtaking many vehicles on the 2nd and 3rd lane. Speed limit is 70kph and I estimate the cam car should already be doing at least 80 to 90kph. Under such circumstances, when I am already "overtaking", am I still considered "road hogging"? And if the 2nd lane is already full of vehicles going at speed limit and while I am "overtaking" on first lane at slightly above speed limit and a joker like this EVO come tailgating me, what am I supposed to do? I can't filter left as 2nd lane is full, so I speed up some more and risk getting summons or losing control of my car and putting my family in my car at risk? Otherwise everyone here would condemn me as a "road hogger". 

Furthermore, for the EVO to need to slam brakes until like that and lost control, he is likely doing way above 90kph, probably around 110kph at least (on a 70kph limit road). He is really asking for it. 

• Praise 2

11 minutes ago, Neko said:

So in this recent EVO accident, I observed that the cam car is already overtaking many vehicles on the 2nd and 3rd lane. Speed limit is 70kph and I estimate the cam car should already be doing at least 80 to 90kph. Under such circumstances, when I am already "overtaking", am I still considered "road hogging"? And if the 2nd lane is already full of vehicles going at speed limit and while I am "overtaking" on first lane at slightly above speed limit and a joker like this EVO come tailgating me, what am I supposed to do? I can't filter left as 2nd lane is full, so I speed up some more and risk getting summons or losing control of my car and putting my family in my car at risk? Otherwise everyone here would condemn me as a "road hogger". 

Furthermore, for the EVO to need to slam brakes until like that and lost control, he is likely doing way above 90kph, probably around 110kph at least (on a 70kph limit road). He is really asking for it. 

Look at the video, there is a 4-sec chance after passing the 2nd vehicle for the cam car to give way but he didn't.

Not to condone the EVO reckless/aggressive overtaking behaviour resulting in a disaster, but the road hog's entitlement mentality is equally wrong.

• Praise 4

1 minute ago, Dark said:

Look at the video, there is a 4-sec chance after passing the 2nd vehicle for the cam car to give way but he didn't.

Not to condone the EVO reckless/aggressive overtaking behaviour resulting in a disaster, but the road hog's entitlement mentality is equally wrong.

My point is, cam car is already "overtaking" all the vehicles on 2nd lane and probably doing at least 80kph plus (>10kph above speed limit). Unless it is an emergency vehicle (ambulance, fire engine, police car, etc), I am not obligated to filter left. 

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Another sign of aggression is after evo undertake... straight away cut into the right lane to show displeasure.. if he kept going in the middle lane.. nothing would have happened.. ego got the better of him. 

And he rightly deserved what he got! He is lucky he didn’t kill himself! 

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Neko said:

My point is, cam car is already "overtaking" all the vehicles on 2nd lane and probably doing at least 80kph plus (>10kph above speed limit). Unless it is an emergency vehicle (ambulance, fire engine, police car, etc), I am not obligated to filter left. 

The point is why not give way to faster car. 

I was doing 210 but yet I gave way to a porsche that became  bigger in my rear mirror in split second.

Tell me if I should have stayed on the R lane in the similar scenario. 

• Praise 3

15 minutes ago, Neko said:

The argument is as a fellow human being, when you know someone is trying to pass you while walking on foot, you will naturally make way instinctively

So what happen to that instinct while driving is what puzzles us.

• Praise 3

11 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

I was doing 210 but yet I gave way to a porsche that became  bigger in my rear mirror in split second.

At 210, you should stay at your lane. A slight jerk to the left could cause you to lost control and your vehicle goes spinning... :ouch-it-hurts:

Why risk your life just because of another one faster than you. The Porsche driver want to play with his life, let him be... :we-all-gonna-die:

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

I pray you didn't do 210 on Singapore roads. I would never attempt 210 myself, but like I mentioned earlier, I am not obligated to give way to a crazy porsche doing such crazy speeds when I am already well above speed limit overtaking other vehicles travelling at speed limit, unless it is an emergency vehicle.  

• Praise 1

41 minutes ago, Neko said:

When other car is going faster even they are speeding, just give way when there is opportunity.  Enforcement of speeding is by TP, not the car in front. 

Who knows there might be a situation that the driver behind is a doctor rushing to save a life.

Of course  I am not saying the EVO driver is doing right. 

• Praise 6

21 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

At 210, you should stay at your lane. A slight jerk to the left could cause you to lost control and your vehicle goes spinning... :ouch-it-hurts:

Why risk your life just because of another one faster than you. The Porsche driver want to play with his life, let him be... :we-all-gonna-die:

This depends where you are driving, at Autobann you definitely need to move to the slow lane. Because other car going higher than this speed are not uncommon. 

If we dont talk Autobann, normal road driver will also move to slower lane immediately after overtaking when there is a gap.

• Praise 3

28 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

In a controlled move with a flick of the signal stalk, its still safe to change lane. 

I would still give way to faster vehicle on the R lane. 

• Praise 5

30 minutes ago, Neko said:

I pray you didn't do 210 on Singapore roads. I would never attempt 210 myself, but like I mentioned earlier, I am not obligated to give way to a crazy porsche doing such crazy speeds when I am already well above speed limit overtaking other vehicles travelling at speed limit, unless it is an emergency vehicle.  

For your safe drivng style, just stay away from R Lane. 

Your style is the kind that I always  undercut and needed to chiet and smell my smoke. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Neko said:

I hope never have to be in the same lift as you... Knowing you are not obliged to hold your fart. Unless there is a Ministar in the lift. 

Edited by Volvobrick
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 3