Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

7 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

What supercar is tyrboflat drving...me got eyes see no Tarzan orh yi orh..😆

12C I think he mentioned before..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

A Tesla Cybertruck with its exo skeleton will be handy. Wish it comes in RHD at a reasonable price. 

You could get a Ford Ranger Raptor.  500nm torque can smoke a lot of cars on the road.

19 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

You could get a Ford Ranger Raptor.  500nm torque can smoke a lot of cars on the road.

That is a great recommendation. And I would suppose if I was living overseas, I would very much be a 4 x 4 go-anywhere pickup kind of person. I actually do enjoy off road driving and would love to do it more if I had the opportunity to.

The only problem in Singapore is that, the 70kmh and No. of pax stickers totally spoils the whole bad-ass look of that great vehicle haha

Edited by Ricky_doodle

43 minutes ago, Ricky_doodle said:

That is a great recommendation. And I would suppose if I was living overseas, I would very much be a 4 x 4 go-anywhere pickup kind of person. I actually do enjoy off road driving and would love to do it more if I had the opportunity to.

The only problem in Singapore is that, the 70kmh and No. of pax stickers totally spoils the whole bad-ass look of that great vehicle haha

Just buy 1 in Malaysia and keep it there lo.

• Praise 2

Guys do remember that you guys are sharing the road with all road users.. So there will have different driving skill of each driver.. Some maybe very pro driver, some maybe newbie driver, some maybe lao jiao driver and etc.. So let's say this driver is a pro driver and like to drive fast and tailgate.. Then met with this newbie driver drive slow on 1st lane.. So the pro driver come and tailgate the newbie driver.. Do you know that in this situation, it will cause newbie driver to panic more? Then the chance of getting into accident will be increased by many times.. Even if pro driver able to react on time, what if behind is also another newbie driver? How? There will be no escape from that accident.. 

So to all drivers.. Please don't always think of yourself.. Must think of all road users and be it how irritating it is, never tailgate and give people some space.. This is for drivers of different driving skills to be able to react on time.. 

Most important is drive safe and not get into accident right? So don't be stupid and do the tailgating stunt and get into accident then get pissed off and complaint this and that where in fact the accident could be prevented if the driver never tailgate in the 1st place.. 

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 2

Rules are there for guidance when accident happens. It helps with disputing and setting liabilities for parties involved in the accident. 

In day to day drive, drivers need to make decision that makes the most sense in that moment and shouldn't rely on rules to determine how we should drive.

Rules will not be able to cover every aspect of driving situation. We are humans and we have higher IQ to determine what's the best to do in that moment. We ain't robot where rules govern it's operation and decision making. 

I find it the most irritating when driver move out to faster lane only to slow down after that. Some change to faster lane with judging the speed of the vehicle that is coming bearing down in that fast lane. 

Like I said, it is ok to be cautious and drive slowly. Drive on the left lane if that's what you want. I drive on the left most lane when Im ahead of my schedule to destination. Sometimes as slow as 60km/hr behind trucks on leftmost and I can easily pass other slower vehicles on lane 2.

So pls, do the right thing and others pass if you can.

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Ricky_doodle said:

I thought there's an option to register as private vehicle?

• Praise 1

By the way, I happened to be at the right timing to capture the accident on 25jan time around 6.30pm at balestier Road. If the Toyota aqua driver want the video footage.. Please pm me.. 

Screenshot_20200127_215853_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.thumb.jpg.691741aa0d468435116c6cae3b871826.jpg

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

By the way, I happened to be at the right timing to capture the accident on 25jan time around 6.30pm at balestier Road. If the Toyota aqua driver want the video footage.. Please pm me.. 

Screenshot_20200127_215853_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.thumb.jpg.691741aa0d468435116c6cae3b871826.jpg

Picture only, we can't see the video of the accident ......  :wut:

With video, we could input some relevant measures to help the victim to take certain action... :secret-laugh:

3 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Picture only, we can't see the video of the accident ......  :wut:

With video, we could input some relevant measures to help the victim to take certain action... :secret-laugh:

I have the video.. But I prefer to pass the original video to the Toyota aqua driver if he need it.. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

What happened at this junction? This is a super busy traffic junction and bad design at balestier rd, super hated it. Lol.

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

What happened at this junction? This is a super busy traffic junction and bad design at balestier rd, super hated it. Lol.

From that picture.. You could already see that Toyota aqua back had already being hit by Honda Stream... 

Edited by Yewheng

16 hours ago, Ricky_doodle said:

I agree, but ain't everything good and bad has to become a habit? Bad habits are easy to form and hard to kick. I have developed the bad habit of speeding and am having a tough time kicking it. Good habits are hard to form and keep, but will always provide a sense of achievement when we do.

Our roads are too dense especially during peak hours to be able to drive comfortably in lane 2. Heavy vehicles in lane 2 makes the situation worse, therefore driving in lane 1 seems the best way to go.

I just have something against those who HAVE the choice and opportunity to keep to the slower lanes when the traffic is light, but yet insist to sticking to the first lane, forcing those behind them choosing to be faster to have to undertake them. And also those who drive at speeds LOWER than the speed limit on lane 1 during peak hours. These are the times I wished I was driving something  that would easily go over them and be on my merry way. 

Oh well, someone would probably say, Hoggers VS tail-gaters.... never-ending debate..

Can't agree more (especially on the bad habit !!!) hahahahaha...

I feel it all comes down to a bit more of enforcement of the rules of the road by the TP ...isn't it? Lane 2 is always / most of the times occupied by heavy vehicles which makes it slower than Lane 3 or Lane 4.

Design of our roads are also a contributing factor to the chaos...badly designed exits and entrances to the expressways only makes the problem more complicated than a simple enforcement.

1 hour ago, Mrlancergtx said:

Can't agree more (especially on the bad habit !!!) hahahahaha...

I feel it all comes down to a bit more of enforcement of the rules of the road by the TP ...isn't it? Lane 2 is always / most of the times occupied by heavy vehicles which makes it slower than Lane 3 or Lane 4.

Design of our roads are also a contributing factor to the chaos...badly designed exits and entrances to the expressways only makes the problem more complicated than a simple enforcement.

Then our self-praising government will pat themselves on the backs to say that policies like ERP and COE are therefore crucial to controlling car population, hence keeping the roads smooth for all users. 

Blitz enforcement is, well, blitz. Catch 100 speeding lorries in a day, splash all over the news and that's it. 

Catch 100 illegal PMDs in a day, splash all over the news, and that's about it. 

Enforcement? Maybe I will believe it when I finally get caught for my speeding. And just for all know, I drive at about 100km/h on the expressways, which is 10km/h above the speed limit of 90km/h. That's speeding, according to the law. 

On 1/26/2020 at 11:17 AM, GTO-1 said:

This isn't the autobahn. It's a 70km/hr road. 

You need to get everything in context. 

Referring to the road traffic act, item 50 seems to indicate "keep left unless overtaking". You also need to get everything in context with regards to road traffic acts (law) right?? If the overtaking vehicle want to overtake at a speed that is over the speed limit, who are you to judge? If the overtaking vehicle wanna get fined by traffic police so be it.. Not your call either. So either way I look at it, keeping speed limit on lane 1 and not allowing others to overtake is just downright inconsiderate.. 

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

20 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Sigh...there's always a critic. 

Haha, you said Flame on mah.. So he lighted a match to start the flame.. but died down almost immediately.. hehe.. that being said, you need to change signal sound just like u need to change your horns!!! I cannot hear it with the engine roaring like this... hahahaha..😂

• Haha! 3

8 minutes ago, Buadongdong said:

Haha, you said Flame on mah.. So he lighted a match to start the flame.. but died down almost immediately.. hehe.. that being said, you need to change signal sound just like u need to change your horns!!! I cannot hear it with the engine roaring like this... hahahaha..😂

Lol, I was going al fresco (windows down) that's why tough to hear. 😁

↡ Advertisement