Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

1 hour ago, w7_lee said:

Red car with headlight on he also never see.... can't image if a child run out. Maybe taxi driving not suitable for him!

same thought, yesterday saw a mother struggling with two kids (one she was holding in arms with a bag hanging on her hand) and other kid try to run down the stairs (luckily she was using stairs). But when she exit car park, boy dashed and almost kena hit by car.

↡ Advertisement

On 2/10/2020 at 10:31 AM, commonjunks said:

Seems started my day on wrong foot

1- Coming out from smaller road and waiting for cars to clear, this guy standing behind horn to move when car coming down at speed from right. Some times unable to understand those who can't see what is on the road but just want others to rush.

2- Was driving through MCE when all of sudden these boxes appear.
Don't know what should i have done, apply emergency brakes, swerve to other lane, come out and clear box?

Luckily not much damage but got light cover missing this dangling thing and some damage to number plate. Not sure if there is more damage as i can't see inside the bumper or below (i suspect have to suck it up and pay own as i don't see any vehicle who threw this on road, can LTA or police track the sucker?)

Can try check with LTA as at 0.05 there is a truck stopped by the road shoulder (hazard light on) and there is a LTA traffic warden also walking towards the fallen boxes.

34 minutes ago, Stooky said:

3 buses collide in Tampines; 11 taken to hospital

yq-tampave7-12022021.jpg

yq-tampave7e-12022021.jpg

SINGAPORE - Some commuters on Wednesday morning (Feb 12) had their early morning journeys disrupted when three public buses were involved in a chain collision, injuring 11 people who were taken to hospital.

Two SBS buses - services 19 and 37 - and a service 34 bus operated by Go-Ahead Singapore were involved in the collision at 6.45am at the junction of Tampines Avenue 7 and Avenue 9.

The police said a bus driver and 10 passengers were taken to Changi General Hospital. They were conscious after the accident.

Ms Tammy Tan, SBS' senior vice-president of corporate communications, said the two SBS buses had stopped one behind the other at the junction as the lights were red when the Go-Ahead Singapore bus knocked into one of them.

"Service 37 was rear-ended by another bus, a Service 34, causing it to surge forward to hit Service 19 in the rear," she said.

Ms Tan said the SBS bus drivers and passengers on the SBS buses were not injured in the accident.

The Straits Times has contacted Go-Ahead Singapore for comments.

The police are investigating the accident.

I always said either all the bus come at the same time or they never come at all.

These 3 buses all came "together" and people waiting at the next bus stop they will never come at all.

:grin: 

• Haha! 1

21 hours ago, peasant said:

accident in multi-storey carpark at Blk 390A Tampines Avenue 7 on 10 Feb, 2355H.

taxi uncle cmi

Red car driver's fault. ☺️

1 time reverse go in swee swee & no need to make corrections then no problem.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Ricky_doodle said:

I beg to differ, based on past experience. The onus is on the driver of the red car to check for oncoming traffic before driving out of the lot. 

But I do not disagree that the speed of the taxi was excessive, and that is a contributing factor to the accident.

Let's see if we will have the opportunity to find out what the verdict will be for this case, and if the verdict is still consistent with my past experience.

It is usually difficult to see on-coming cars when coming out of a lot but it is easy to see a moving car coming out of a lot.

If you slow down the video, the taxi only braked about 0.5 second before impact.  He might be distracted by a booking on his hand phone.

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Raychay said:

Red car driver's fault. ☺️

1 time reverse go in swee swee & no need to make corrections then no problem.

Haha

Some people like to go in, come out, go in, come out type.

• Haha! 3

33 minutes ago, awhtc said:

It is usually difficult to see on-coming cars when coming out of a lot but it is easy to see a moving car coming out of a lot.

If you slow down the video, the taxi only braked about 0.5 second before impact.  He might be distracted by a booking on his hand phone.

Yes, you are right. I personally have encountered some lots whereby it is more difficult than usual to see oncoming vehicles. Question is, do we take extra caution and inch out till we are sure the coast is clear before we step on it to drive out, or just assume there is no oncoming traffic and just drive out? Or, don't even assume and just drive out and hope for the best, but not prepared at all for the worst?

35 minutes ago, Ricky_doodle said:

Yes, you are right. I personally have encountered some lots whereby it is more difficult than usual to see oncoming vehicles. Question is, do we take extra caution and inch out till we are sure the coast is clear before we step on it to drive out, or just assume there is no oncoming traffic and just drive out? Or, don't even assume and just drive out and hope for the best, but not prepared at all for the worst?

My MIL says just step on it.

1 hour ago, awhtc said:

Car park usually have very low speed limit, the taxi was at least double the speed limit, meaning, he was speeding. 

But TP may say they cannot take the case because  the accident did  not happen on a public road.😅😅

• Praise 2

16 hours ago, Xiaobai888 said:

To the vehicle owner and the passenger. If you would like to drive at below road limit, please consider to do it at the lane 2 or 3. In my opinion, there is no point hogging lane 1 for 3.5km (Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 to Hougang Ave 2) and every car needs to filter out on the left for your self entitled behavior. And did you hear the many horns from the vehicles behind you? No, it wasn't from me. And no thank you to your middle fingers, you may put it up yours in the toilet. Cheers.

Note: The car will ultimately turn left after a series of middle finger pointing and brake testing from the owner and passenger. Short video is for entertainment purpose only. Full video can be found on Youtube. 

Typical drive merc self entitled mentality

10 hours ago, Ricky_doodle said:

My car seat is very low from ground. Lower than most sports car. My View always blocked by cars especially SUV when I am in a car park lot. Can't see anything left and right until one third of my car already moved out of a car park lot.  

Other than inching out, I take responsibility to switch on hazard light while inching out, in cases when my views are blocked. Saved my car and others' a few times already. 

There was once a motobike zoomed in an Yishun car park. He was probably not paying attention or simply too fast. Jammed brake in front of my car and gave me the nasty look. Come'on, what else could I have done? Hire a ground guide like SM1 Tank? If I was not extra careful and just come out like that, you would have been a flying man already. 

The above taxi lao above may be thinking... Knn I chiong come already you still dun want to stop.... I dun brake, see u still dare to come out or not.... Chibaboom.... The red car fellow probably goes saying... Eh, not dun want to stop, i cannot/didn't see you coming lah. 

Guys, pls don't speed in car park. Don't assume that the cars moving out of a lot can manage to see you. Their views may be blocked. Also, Kids who slipped from their parents hands can dash out suddenly. 

Pls help to increase awareness. 

Edited by ECONOMIC
  • Praise 4

10 hours ago, Ricky_doodle said:

For such situations, the driver can look around and listen for on-coming cars (poor sound proofing cars are useful here).

If not, they will need to switch on the headlights to warn their intention to any on-coming cars and inch out slowly.

This is usually a big problem when parking beside SUV, small trucks or vans, besides the higher chance of getting dents from them.

5 hours ago, zipping said:

This stretch looks like Pasir Gudang Highway in Johor.  The driver should have suffered a lot of injuries.

The Malaysian truck drivers in Johor (and in Singapore) are normally very reckless and they drive like a king on the road and at traffic junctions.

Hence, it is always better to drive more carefully and slowly when you are near them.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Lorry rear tyre burst causing it to veer to right lane .

The 2 cars in wrong place at the wrong time . 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11