Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

35 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Need to put F1 type concrete barriers. No need to repair. 

We're trying to save lives, even stupid ones. 

If saving lives were not the first priority then why not let drivers who run over jaywalkers go away scot free?

↡ Advertisement

51 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Broad day light can drive until like this.. 

Maybe drive Midnight to early Morning Shift....very Tired,on the Way go Home.

On 2/14/2020 at 3:29 PM, Turboflat4 said:

Agreed. Do good is good, but others must say. Not ownself say.

Actually the taxi uncle should have posted. But P-Driver is so good that he did not want T Uncle to waste time in posting during this bad time.😋

12 minutes ago, Steptronic said:

Actually the taxi uncle should have posted. But P-Driver is so good that he did not want T Uncle to waste time in posting during this bad time.😋

Haha. 

I want to say something but I hope it's not uncharitable. The reason why the P driver returned only 199 and not the full 200 may be legal. 

Technically, by compensating the P driver by paying "consideration", the Taxi driver has admitted liability. Returning all of the compensation may mean the P driver has legally waived compensation. But keeping that dollar may mean keeping the door open to further claims, especially if mandated by insurance. 

I'm no lawyer, so I have no idea if I'm writing rubbish. Would be grateful if someone knowledgeable would confirm or refute. But I can't otherwise fathom why P driver kept that dollar, it can't be merely symbolic.

4 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Maybe.  I realise it's really distracting to look at phone for GPS.  That's y I still have street directory in my car :D

I dont look at GPS while driving, street directory i also dont have, i depend on the street signs along the road. 😅

16 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Haha. 

I want to say something but I hope it's not uncharitable. The reason why the P driver returned only 199 and not the full 200 may be legal. 

Technically, by compensating the P driver by paying "consideration", the Taxi driver has admitted liability. Returning all of the compensation may mean the P driver has legally waived compensation. But keeping that dollar mlay mean keeping the door open to further claims, especially if mandated by insurance. 

I'm no lawyer, so I have no idea if I'm writing rubbish. Would be grateful if someone knowledgeable would confirm or refute. But I can't otherwise fathom why P driver kept that dollar, it can't be merely symbolic.

I am not a lawyer either. My guess is that he wants Taxi to be liable as those companies are known for Prata-ing. This way, this appeared in Social Media also to support P-D legally in case....

If we think all good, in this process, P-driver made T-Unlcle to feel less guilty

4 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Maybe.  I realise it's really distracting to look at phone for GPS.  That's y I still have street directory in my car :D

Your street directory must be super outdated now🤭

I rely on Waze. Before I start the journey, I look at route. Most of the time, I will listen to instruction.

28 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Your street directory must be super outdated now🤭

I rely on Waze. Before I start the journey, I look at route. Most of the time, I will listen to instruction.

Do they still publish street directory now?

• Haha! 1

19 hours ago, Mustank said:

See phone?

Some of these phv drivers never drive ever since they got the license maybe 20-30 years ago.  Now they are forced to drive to make a living due to involuntary retirement.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Ginyu said:

Some of these phv drivers never drive ever since they got the license maybe 20-30 years ago.  Now they are forced to drive to make a living due to involuntary retirement.

Then should go for refresher course before driving PHV lo. Safe for themselves and also for others.

• Praise 1

26 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

driver probably don’t check blind spot at all..

AssClass uncles and aunties are renowned for their driving skills. I siam far far whenever I see one. 

Edited by Jellandross
  • Haha! 3

26 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

2017.  As a car freebie....  the SE say I am the only one to ask for it....

Hope you didn’t ask for yellow pages if the car comes with car phone as well

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 7

14 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

2017.  As a car freebie....  the SE say I am the only one to ask for it....

Street directory given as freebie? Think no one would ask for such freebie liao?! [laugh]Dont know outside got sell latest street directory? Or no more selling liao?

Edited by 13177

Just now, mersaylee said:

Hope you didn’t ask for yellow pages if the car comes with car phone as well

Think cannot find yellow pages liao even you want?! Lol.

↡ Advertisement