Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

54 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

Maybe longer than needed, but it is what is recommended. There are a few hotspots on the PIE where sudden stops are common and I drive more defensively by giving myself a similar gap. Dash cams also often make gaps look bigger than they really are. 

image.png.eec8a2ec6ec7dab493252770e8a98b8c.pngI fee

AGREED. Not sure why someone would even bring up the issue of cam car keeping a safe distance, worst still when one won't be able to judge the distance from a camera footage. 😠 

Edited by kelaihoyin
↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Yeah. When I see a Malaysian car behind me, I automatically give way. Not worth the hassle to deal with any potential accidents with them. 

Thai car also hoh.

As most of it are pickup.

1 hour ago, Macrosszero said:

Maybe longer than needed, but it is what is recommended. There are a few hotspots on the PIE where sudden stops are common and I drive more defensively by giving myself a similar gap. Dash cams also often make gaps look bigger than they really are. 

The speed camera zone is always a place I get irritated with the cars braking like no tomorrow.  Most of the times am on a cruising speed on lane 2 or 3, and all of a sudden most of the drivers get the "brake now" syndrome and slow down the traffic unnecessarily. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

To be honest, keep a long distance won't be successful. Coz car from lane 2 can undertake and cut right back into lane 1 (decreasing the so called safe distance) lol

• Praise 1

20 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

To be honest, keep a long distance won't be successful. Coz car from lane 2 can undertake and cut right back into lane 1 (decreasing the so called safe distance) lol

Its a choice you have to make. You can hang on the other guy's bumper and have to be hyper alert or give yourself a bit more time and room to react. To be fair if you're minding a large gap to the car in front you also need to be wary of the next lane's cars cutting in. So its not always practical. 

I myself don't religiously adhere to the 2 second rule as much as I do my best to signal my lane changes and avoid holding up other traffic on the overtaking lane.

However, it makes no sense to drive at 110kph toward a speed camera only to brake heavily to pass it at 70-80kph when you can just drive at a steady 90kph. 

Sudden braking and sudden lane changing is what causes these phantom traffic stops on expressways and no one is going to be able to change it, so might as well drive as defensively as you can. 

Even if you managed to stop in time, if the car behind you is a Malaysian car, good luck claiming for your damages. 

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, Blueray said:

cam car observe safety distance + social distancing at the same time. [:p]

He must have been counting One thousand and one , one thousand and two , and three and four and five...and ouch🤣

Edited by Fitvip
  • Haha! 3

26 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Since on the topic since the previous page... 

evryone needs a staycation but need money to pay for it :grin:

• Haha! 7

Supercharged
58 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Is there a ghost vehicle behind the taxi that I cannot see? 

• Haha! 3

6 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

Is there a ghost vehicle behind the taxi that I cannot see? 

No. Is the air between the cam car and taxi compressed and caused damages to the taxi.

Edited by Sx4falcon
  • Haha! 6

Cam car practises non-touch kung fu like the botak masters in this video.

38 minutes ago, Sx4falcon said:

No. Is the air between the cam car and taxi compressed and caused damages to the taxi.

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

To be fair his acting better than alot of ch8 professionals. He deserves at least a male best actor nomination for the next Star Awards. 

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

2 hours ago, Mustank said:

evryone needs a staycation but need money to pay for it :grin:

no need to sell integrity. 

• Haha! 3

4 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

Should report to comfortdelgo and lodge police report if this taxi driver dares to claim insurance.. This taxi driver should be sacked from comfortdelgo as he do not deserved to be on the road.. 

• Praise 5

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

no need to sell integrity. 

Ask him to read it might end up like this - I m the greedy 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2