Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

Near the end of the video, the he tried to play breaking game. I just tapped on my front cam a few time to let him know he is recorded, and he kwai kwai drive normally.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

39 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Singapore got millions of drivers and you kenna horn by just one driver. 

And you can say I am generalising. 

Just one driver horn you and you get so worked up and need to come here and tell everyone. 

:D

If many people horn you and you come and tell everyone then we can understand it's an issue lah. 

Just one driver and it's the end of the world like that. 

I can think of a thousand & one reason for rear driver to horn.....

The rear driver horned maybe b'cos trying to alert the front driver that one of his rear wheel almost flat or rear door not properly closed ...   [sly]

This could have become a safety issue and the kind hearted rear driver tryingto alert the front driver.

Another reason was that the front driver brought a second hand car and the rear driver thought that his friend was driving and horning to get his attention... :we-all-gonna-die:

Former owner of front vehiclke owed "Ah Long" money and the runner (rear vehcle) spotted it and horned to get attention

Front vehicle boot never closed properly

Snake coil under the front vehicle rear axle

Petrol cap not close

Rear number dropped off

, ....  etc ...... :secret-laugh:

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, ktnpl said:

You are generalising. There are sickos like the driver of SCK9977D white CLA180 who will still horn at you even if you drive off instantly when the light turns green.

In this instance I kept my car rolling very slowly in anticipation of the green arrow (sometimes green arrow does not appear). In most cases, there would have been one second of delay due to the car's start-stop technology which are getting common in modern cars and a slight lag due to take-off from the car's inertia state (simple physics). That is why rational drivers will wait for 2 or 3 seconds before giving a short toot if the car in front does not move. But this sicko or spastic driver of SCK9977D takes the cake, he still horned twice when I took off smartly in the first incident. At the next junction, there was a slight delay due to start-stop technology. For the repeated horning, I stopped for a second or two to check behind, took note of the time to later download the video to post on mcf forum and youtube.

my 1 cents

Good habit to slow down at such discretionary turn, but looks like you came to a near stop at the stop line, when in this case you should have done your anticipation inside the turning pocket. Why? Because on the opposite side there is already a vehicle waiting in the pocket. So if green arrow does not appear, better complain to LTA. SCK9977D may be a little impatient and too eager to use his horn (merc horn is music to ears?) but I guess he might have thought you were coming to a complete stop at the stop line, in the turning lane.

That is for this incident only, can't say for the 2nd incident you mention.

Side note about ASS - 1) just don't, or 2) I will be observing the other traffic lights and start up my engine again before my direction turns green

• Praise 4

24 minutes ago, Sx4falcon said:

Near the end of the video, the he tried to play breaking game. I just tapped on my front cam a few time to let him know he is recorded, and he kwai kwai drive normally.

https://www.grammar.com/brake_vs._break

Sorry, not just you, I see so many people online keep saying break break break

End of rant, time to eat macs brake fast

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

What kinda person is this?

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/porsche-car-allegedly-refuses-give-way-ambulance

20191014_porshe%20(1).jpg

RAINER CHEUNG 

ASIAONE

Oct 14, 2019

FacebookTwitterTelegramWhatsAppEmail

Despite the obvious emergency, the driver of a white Porsche allegedly blocked and refused way to an ambulance on Oct 9, even flashing her middle finger.

Cham Ai Hui, 41, who was in the passenger seat of the ambulance, took to share the incident on Facebook, garnering over 5,000 shares at the time of writing.

The patient in the ambulance was her father, an 82-year-old lung cancer patient who had suffered a stroke.

In an interview with Lianhe Zaobao on Oct 12, Cham shared that her father was originally warded at St Andrew's Community Hospital. When doctors found him unresponsive, he was rushed to Singapore General Hospital.

Her brother had wanted to drive his father there personally. However, due to the urgency of the situation, an ambulance was called for instead.

"I was seated next to the driver while a paramedic attended to my father. About 10 minutes later, we encountered a white Porsche that refused to give way," Cham related.

Although the emergency siren wasn't switched on, other cars had automatically given way to them.

Even after flashing the headlights and sounding the siren, the Porsche driver paid no heed and continued to ignore them.

"The cars in front of her had already moved aside too."

According to Cham, even the ambulance driver was angry and had asked her to take a photo of the Porsche to lodge a report afterwards.

Seeing that the driver had no intention of giving way, they decided to overtake on the car's left instead.

As they did so, the driver allegedly flipped her middle finger at them.

The ambulance only arrived at the hospital 20 minutes later.

Cham posted in the comments later that same day that her father was in a critical condition.

Spoiler

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157748589940152&set=a.10150117472270152&type=3

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

20 hours ago, Stooky said:

Look at his PHV Honda Shuttle driver drink driving

It's really sad that our police cannot do anything to remove this arse from the road. Looked at how many cars he almost knocked onto?

• Angry 1

10 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Mata dun hav time to catch PMD where got time do this extra work? 

I still see Mata catching speedsters in UBi and Kaki Bukit for illegal mods.. 

I supposed near HQ so if dont catch become a reputation risk. Nowadays, mod workshop will tell u must make appt or call before coming so they do recce first.

• Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

It's really sad that our police cannot do anything to remove this arse from the road. Looked at how many cars he almost knocked onto?

they also need proof lah. 

Based on the vid, the TP should be able to at least book him for Reckless Driving. 

11 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

I still see Mata catching speedsters in UBi and Kaki Bukit for illegal mods.. 

if they dun speed, will mata still catch ? [:p]

Catch Mods easy peasy lemon squeezy mah ..... mods have never killed or injured anyone though

Edited by Othello

2 hours ago, boonhat_91 said:

Good habit to slow down at such discretionary turn, but looks like you came to a near stop at the stop line, when in this case you should have done your anticipation inside the turning pocket. Why? Because on the opposite side there is already a vehicle waiting in the pocket. So if green arrow does not appear, better complain to LTA. SCK9977D may be a little impatient and too eager to use his horn (merc horn is music to ears?) but I guess he might have thought you were coming to a complete stop at the stop line, in the turning lane.

That is for this incident only, can't say for the 2nd incident you mention.

Side note about ASS - 1) just don't, or 2) I will be observing the other traffic lights and start up my engine again before my direction turns green

My interpretation is to bring the car to almost a complete stop before the stop line when the light turns red. The pocket is for moving forward only when the light for going straight is green and you are waiting for cross traffic to clear (as was the case for the opposite side).

For my previous cars without start-stop technology, I was first off the line >90% of the time compared to the cars beside me. This can only be achieved by anticipating the change in traffic lights. Sometimes the lights took longer to change and you can have false start and need to brake like those 100m race. When I looked at the rear mirror, the cars behind do not follow closely anyway so there is not much benefit of sprinting off the line. Now I am probably first off the line only 50% of the time (i.e. an average driver) possibly due to age and being more patient as well as the start-stop technology.

Edited by ktnpl

I can't believe people are advocating that rear car is right to horn to poke front vehicle to move, if front car driver sleeping/day dreaming and didn't move for a good 5 secs ok la but to expect instant take off is a bit much. This is especially dangerous in discretionary right turns where front driver need to check clear oncoming traffic. On some right turns LTA even intentionally delay the turn signal by a few seconds. Why horn and potentially make front car gan jiong and cause accident, just to save that few secs?? 

• Praise 2

13 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

act blur siah ....

What caught my eye was an Alfa Giulia QV that went by at 1:06 😁

This should go to the Unusual or Rare Car thread!

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

What caught my eye was an Alfa Giulia QV that went by at 1:06 😁

This should go to the Rare and Unusual Car thread!

Luckily this fella didn't T bone that gem 😁

Or the bimmer that passed before it

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1