Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

2 hours ago, Mr_b20 said:

Judging from your 2 videos,

We can all determine your driving competance is not only very low level,

But when people horn you, instead of waking up your bloody ideas, your ego gets so big you chut all kinds of pattern to get back at anyone who horns u.

Even to the extend of uploading all these self pwn videos and trying to shame the people who horn you, which fortunately, backfired, hahaha.

Please try to improve your driving, or at least improve your attitude or your brain.

Before that, please don't drive la, you're just not cut out for it. As another member mentioned earlier, the lady beside you obviously could handle it better than you.

🤛 How can you judge someone's general driving or attitude from an impulse reaction to being horned repeatedly or are you that shallow? Who caused it in the first place? You need to learn to be constructive like the following:

👍 Ct3833: my driving may be on the slow side. I no longer sprint off from the stop line but still go with the traffic flow without hogging or breaking traffic rules. When stopping, I tap on the brake progressively which gives more reaction time to the car behind. Maybe I should accelerate faster during take-off.

👍 boonhat_91: maybe can move to turning pocket when the light is red. This one is grey as both boonhat_91 and me acknowledged.

At least I have no major accident claims, no demerit points and have not been involved in road rage for past 26 years of frequent driving.

I think most of us are in this forum to learn from the human mistakes and hear from the sifus such as Ct3833 & boonhat_91 on how to maintain a good record.

If it is any consolation to you, I used the turn signal when I was driving a BMW (previous ride) and still do 😀

Edited by ktnpl
↡ Advertisement

kena lim kopi liao ... the power of social media .... [sly] 

now all GPGT and GVGT ... don't play play

2019-10-16_114643.jpg

2019-10-16_114424.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 4

14 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

because the kind soul has posted  his encounter on the social media, the police cannot ignore the case any more. Kudos to the cam car guy! 

Police should have arrested him at the car park and take a breathaliser test.

• Praise 4

Honestly, posting video online works both way.  With you and against you.

Don't expect everyone to agree with you.

You need to brush up your driving skill.  Take criticism positively.

By going defensive, it shows you have shit to hide.

• Praise 4

13 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Its takes two to tango.

When one tango beep the horn as a signal that is green meets a tango that likes to play jam brake that is a safety issue for everyone on the road.

The problem is one tango thinks everyone is out to get him and a short beep of the horn is like he got murdered like that.

Naturally when he thinks like that he will need to retaliate and jam brake to teach the murderer a lesson.

The real problem is the jam brake person cannot see that he has an attitude problem and thinks only the beep the horn person has the attitude problem.

Everyone here can see that the jam brake person also got a mentality issue and is telling him but he is so blind to his own attitude problem that he cannot accept this.

:D

If a person doesn't have an attitude problem no matter much provocation and seeing the video the short beep of the horn the car behind was not trying to provoke the jam brake person there would be no issue.

The second louder horn is only because the person purposely jam brake.

I wish people had more honesty and say - when I meet a person with a CB mentality I also have a CB mentality and like to play with them.

Why come here and post a video and claim to be a victim when the jam brake person is the bigger aggressor and did the more dangerous thing?

If you want to lie to yourself and be the victim in your own head then don't pwn yourself and post the video for us all to see and we all know the truth.

People will tell just you things you don't want to hear and things you cannot accept. 

"I stopped after the second incident to check what was going on and take note of the time on the car's beautiful timepiece. " He believes his reason IS valid and it is very important to him, especially noting the tine on the car's beautiful timepiece! May be the recorder does not have time stamping feature.

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Haha! 4

1 minute ago, Davidtch said:

Any reason to suspect his driving skill?

The main cause (according to him) is the start-stop technology lah! (Do people driving cars with the same tech facing the same problem? Then this tech should not have been incorporated into the car!)

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Fitvip said:

Any reason to suspect his driving skill?

The main cause (according to him) is the start-stop technology lah! (Do people driving cars with the same tech facing the same problem? Then this tech should not have been incorporated into the car!)

I thought start stop can switch off😎

Driving skill includes proper understanding of the machine driven.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Shouldn't the focus be on the cause rather than the reaction. No cause no effect. Why talk about my driving skill. Are those who criticised blindly any better? My driving skills are not the best but definitely not the worst either.

21 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

"I stopped after the second incident to check what was going on and take note of the time on the car's beautiful timepiece. " He believes his reason IS valid and it is very important to him, especially noting the tine n the car's beautiful timepiece! May be the recorder does not have time stamping feature.

Checking rear mirror and surrounding is to find out if there is any issue which turns out to be negative. Thereafter, noting down the time is for retrieving the video segment as continuous recordings are automatically saved in short segments.

1 minute ago, ktnpl said:

Shouldn't the focus be on the cause rather than the reaction. No cause no effect. Why talk about my driving skill. Are those who criticised blindly any better? My driving skills are not the best but definitely not the worst either.

As i said earlier take criticism positively.

By the way, i don't think there are cross traffic on that junction.

• Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

I thought start stop can switch off😎

Driving skill includes proper understanding of the machine driven.

The start-stop can be switched off at the start of every journey but I do not think one second of delay is a big deal. If it happens frequently, I might but thankfully this is the first encounter after I changed to the new car. Like some others said, give a short toot if there is 2 or 3 seconds of delay. But only if the car in front is stationary.

9 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

As i said earlier take criticism positively.

By the way, i don't think there are cross traffic on that junction.

Sure, if it is constructive and not shallow or dismissive. There are many good alternative views posted by some forummers. I am still curious to know whether the seasoned drivers here will move forward to the turning pocket when the light is red.

Edited by ktnpl

I suggest ktnpl take a break from MCF, get so worked up first with the Merc hooting you and now online faceless forumers saying your driving also not so good is bad for health. Nothing to gain here even if all agree with and support you.  Better don't drive too if cannot tolerate others honking.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 4

14 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Naturally when he thinks like that he will need to retaliate and jam brake to teach the murderer a lesson.

I tapped on the brake gently twice and the speed was slow as it was during taking off. Don't you know what is a jam brake? It means depressing hard or slamming on the brake. The stopping is an important part of the story on consequences of horning hence I did not cut it out even though it might invite controversy. I already explained the reasons I took the action at that moment of time. To check behind and note the exact time to retrieve the video segment. Tit for tat is getting out of my car to confront the CLA180 driver. I think stopping for a second or two to do what I need to do is better than getting out of the car.

Edited by ktnpl

1 minute ago, Ysc3 said:

This one the biker dunno heng or sway.... 

Did he survive?

Yes, then he's lucky.

No, then he's sway.

Bike can repair, claim lorry's insurance.

Dead. The end.

Yada-ing 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 6

6 hours ago, ktnpl said:

If the person keep horning it is only basic courtesy to acknowledge it. Ok, this first statement is tongue in cheek. But seriously, I did check for his gestures. There could be something he wants to tell me. It could be something wrong with the car or something I am missing. It could also be an invitation to race legally to how fast the car can reach the speed limit from the start line. Of course one of the reason to stop is to piss him off if he has no good intentions. But don't discount it, there are some who horn for good reasons, for example, your boot is open or bumper is loose. It is correct to stop to check if there is repeated horning. That's my perspective and how I deal with it. No absolute right or wrong.

So, it is absolutely right to stop where you are?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1