RadX

Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

14 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Naturally when he thinks like that he will need to retaliate and jam brake to teach the murderer a lesson.

I tapped on the brake gently twice and the speed was slow as it was during taking off. Don't you know what is a jam brake? It means depressing hard or slamming on the brake. The stopping is an important part of the story on consequences of horning hence I did not cut it out even though it might invite controversy. I already explained the reasons I took the action at that moment of time. To check behind and note the exact time to retrieve the video segment. Tit for tat is getting out of my car to confront the CLA180 driver. I think stopping for a second or two to do what I need to do is better than getting out of the car.

Edited by ktnpl
↡ Advertisement

This one the biker dunno heng or sway.... 

• Praise 3

1 minute ago, Ysc3 said:

Did he survive?

Yes, then he's lucky.

No, then he's sway.

Bike can repair, claim lorry's insurance.

Dead. The end.

Yada-ing 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 6

6 hours ago, ktnpl said:

If the person keep horning it is only basic courtesy to acknowledge it. Ok, this first statement is tongue in cheek. But seriously, I did check for his gestures. There could be something he wants to tell me. It could be something wrong with the car or something I am missing. It could also be an invitation to race legally to how fast the car can reach the speed limit from the start line. Of course one of the reason to stop is to piss him off if he has no good intentions. But don't discount it, there are some who horn for good reasons, for example, your boot is open or bumper is loose. It is correct to stop to check if there is repeated horning. That's my perspective and how I deal with it. No absolute right or wrong.

So, it is absolutely right to stop where you are?

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Heng la bro.. He could have been under that king kong lorry instead. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

The amount of vehicles in Singapore trying to beat the red light is staggering, to an extend it is like a culture. Amber must chiong, the moment turn red also must dash.

Until the mentality of drivers change, the number of accidents will keep climbing. That not including reckless lane change and egoistic drivers.

Very bad driving ethics

• Praise 10

32 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

So, it is absolutely right to stop where you are?

I braked gently (you can see my car roll forward a little after the initial tap) to stop for a second or two to check behind using the rear mirror and then take a mental note of the exact time of the incident. I did not get out of the car although there was no other vehicles behind. It honestly came across my mind to play punk by coming out of the car to do a physical check 😈 (which many in our hearts do) but I opted not to do so at that point in time after a brief assessment. There is no absolute right for my reaction but nothing was harmed in the process.

Edited by ktnpl

53 minutes ago, ktnpl said:

I am still curious to know whether the seasoned drivers here will move forward to the turning pocket when the light is red.

To be specific, this refers only to the moment of time between where the lights turn amber -> red -> just before green arrow comes on

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Vid said:

The amount of vehicles in Singapore trying to beat the red light is staggering, to an extend it is like a culture. Amber must chiong, the moment turn red also must dash.

Until the mentality of drivers change, the number of accidents will keep climbing. That not including reckless lane change and egoistic drivers.

Very bad driving ethics

I still remember my private driving instructor in the early 90s telling me to drive through the amber light when I was in a similar situation. He said real world driving is like that so as not to cause delay to the parties behind. We should not follow this kind of advice blindly. Everyone will like to think he/she is very skillful until accidents happen.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, Vid said:

Very bad driving ethics

Sad but true. I am guilty also... sometimes ...

I know,  that is one time too many.🙏

• Praise 1

On 10/15/2019 at 9:30 AM, Sx4falcon said:

Near the end of the video, the he tried to play breaking game. I just tapped on my front cam a few time to let him know he is recorded, and he kwai kwai drive normally.

did he signal or you were jus pacing him?

6 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Sad but true. I am guilty also... sometimes ...

I know,  that is one time too many.🙏

Sadly I am labelled slow because I don't chiong amber light. Head you lose, tail also lose in Singapore.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

With regards to the honking incident, can we move on? I think all involved have learnt something, just that from a different perspective.

@ktnpl might not be 100% right, but neither was he 100% wrong in both incidents. Perceptually, some may see him as moving off too slowly, but given the recent surge in cases of fatality / serious injury caused by vehicles beating red light, I see nothing wrong with his "slower" moment.

I do agree that there is no need for him to "pause for a while" when he was honk by the other vehicle in the 2nd video. But touch our heart, how many have NEVER done that in your years of driving, be it braking intentionally, honking at slower moving vehicle and such?

948842baa3_1479425727622.jpg

• Praise 17

16 minutes ago, ktnpl said:

I still remember my private driving instructor in the early 90s telling me to drive through the amber light when I was in a similar situation. He said real world driving is like that so as not to cause delay to the parties behind. We should not follow this kind of advice blindly. Everyone will like to think he/she is very skillful until accidents happen.

Amber usually ok. It is the moment that lights turn red then problem comes. Front vehicle stops, back vehicle trying to chiong when amber thinking the one in front will go through. Bang... insurance and workshop win

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Scholesy said:

Moving off from red light side by side. Just accelerating normally. didn't really bother about him until he started to eat into my lane, then I horned him.

5 minutes ago, Scholesy said:

From what I see in the video, the Odyssey did not signal but use his vehicle to "punch" his way though. I will horn slightly earlier than cam driver to alert the other driver. Once he cross the line and being slightly ahead of the cam car, the other car is unlikely to return to his lane.

51 minutes ago, thebutcher said:

Heng la bro.. He could have been under that king kong lorry instead. 

There are a lot of heavy vehicles and vans speeding.

1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

The bike stop b'cos of traffic turning from amber to red and the lorry want to chiong red light.... [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1