Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

Time for LTA to review the traffic lights there?!

LTA don't like to solve this problem but add on to the problem at other places as well, if anyone stay jurong east side and goes from jurong town hall to lake side mrt, on the way near Genting Hotel there was a road leads to JCube. Now that is gone and they have added another traffic light just before old lights, first time after they installed this i almost missed the first light. They don't want people to drive a bit further to take a U turn (who are exiting from genting hotel) but made dangerous for everyone who by mistake looking further down the traffic light. I hope they stop adding such traffic lights which are too close and confuse people.

P651eFu.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

LTA don't like to solve this problem but add on to the problem at other places as well, if anyone stay jurong east side and goes from jurong town hall to lake side mrt, on the way near Genting Hotel there was a road leads to JCube. Now that is gone and they have added another traffic light just before old lights, first time after they installed this i almost missed the first light. They don't want people to drive a bit further to take a U turn (who are exiting from genting hotel) but made dangerous for everyone who by mistake looking further down the traffic light. I hope they stop adding such traffic lights which are too close and confuse people.

P651eFu.jpg

I remember another set of lights that are way too close in the Pasir Panjang area. Caught me out once.

Im gonna wait 5s everytime the light turns green in my favour. Screw the vehicles behind me

Make it 10 seconds. U gonna get the honking anyways, make it safer.
  • Praise 1

Now you realised why I keep condemning LTA?

• Praise 1

I remember another set of lights that are way too close in the Pasir Panjang area. Caught me out once.

me too .......... IIRC, somewhere in the beginning of Pasir Panjang Road (West Dir). My gf asked me then : eh, why you never stop ? I told her I did not see the 1st set of (red) lights ! I only saw the 2nd one. This was more than 15 years ago. I think they have since removed one

• Praise 1

P651eFu.jpg

Years back i was hit by a car from my left.

Lights in my favour and i moved off after like 5 seconds. Another car on my left suddenly stopped and within 2 seconds, a car travelling quite fast hit mine. He was in my blind spot.

His reason? He saw green light in the set of traffic lights ahead of this set.

I highlighted this to the insurance company and wrote in to LTA and Traffic Police. Less than a month, the timing of lights changed. So now, the set of traffic lights further down will turn red 10 seconds earlier.

This was in direction of Sims Drive from Kallang.

Just sharing

Safe ride

Cheers

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 3

me too .......... IIRC, somewhere in the beginning of Pasir Panjang Road (West Dir). My gf asked me then : eh, why you never stop ? I told her I did not see the 1st set of (red) lights ! I only saw the 2nd one. This was more than 15 years ago. I think they have since removed one

I am glad they did, btw Bugis still have it and i hope they will also remove from Genting hotel side (i don't live there but i am sure other would have similar problem who use that road).

Traffic lights which are too close confirmed confuse people, esp those drivers who day dreaming while driving. Reminds of the row of traffic lights along victoria street opposite bugis junction, last time each individual traffic lights change at different timing, this is why now they synchronized all traffic lights to same timing as green or red.

Years back i was hit by a car from my left.

Lights in my favour and i moved off after like 5 seconds. Another car on my left suddenly stopped and within 2 seconds, a car travelling quite fast hit mine. He was in my blind spot.

His reason? He saw green light in the set of traffic lights ahead of this set.

I highlighted this to the insurance company and wrote in to LTA and Traffic Police. Less than a month, the timing of lights changed. So now, the set of traffic lights further down will turn red 10 seconds earlier.

This was in direction of Sims Drive from Kallang.

Just sharing

Safe ride

Cheers

Thanks for share, i will monitor and will write to LTA if they didn't removed after construction work in that area over (not sure what is their plan, unless they have plan written on their website?).

CHR needs to go to the nearest Singapore Pools liow!

Their loo is clean  [laugh]

Im gonna wait 5s everytime the light turns green in my favour. Screw the vehicles behind me

Some people the lights just turn green nia, split second horn liao. Siao one so impatient.

And usually is those vans/buses/commercial vehicles.

Now you realised why I keep condemning LTA?

Condemn LTA and yet they still did not improve how they managed our roads and traffic lights here. Quite messy in many junctions, guess LTA  protocol is wait for many serious accident to happen, then they will start to take action.

Same like now they changed to right turn on arrow only in many traffic junction, due to many accident happened when last time cars are allowed to make a right turn at junction during green, however most of the time cars got blocked by the opposite traffic etc, and yet many cars try their luck to turn and resulted accident happened.

Another messy junction is the one infront of THE VENUE condo just after Broadway Serangoon.

So many smaller junctions within the same area, lane markings clearly marked but not everyone bothers. Esp. the right turn to slip road to PIE (Changi). Last min lane change, not familiar with the area. So i actively avoid that junction if i can.

Too bad LTA is reactive instead of proactive. Sometimes they don't even react  [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 2

I believe the satellite ERP live data will eventually help to make the traffic lights smarter and road design better.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Traffic lights which are too close confirmed confuse people, esp those drivers who day dreaming while driving. Reminds of the row of traffic lights along victoria street opposite bugis junction, last time each individual traffic lights change at different timing, this is why now they synchronized all traffic lights to same timing as green or red.

My friend kenah the same thing... Lights were maybe less than 100m apart... He went pass the red light in front of him looking at the traffic light further up.

TP was at the adjacent road... Gave chase and stopped him. He told him he saw the wrong light and after some pleading, TP gave him warning only.

My experience was definitely more recent, within the last year or so. It's not just the fact that the two sets are close together, it's the lousy timing. One is turning left into a slip road and encounters this pair of lights close together. And they are out of sync. The first is often red while the second is green. So it's easy to get caught out. Oh well, shouldn't happen once you learn the road layout, but it's still poor design.
↡ Advertisement