Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

why is a lorry allowed to be  travelling on lane 2 .

This has become such a common sight that we barely even remark on it until there's an incident. 

But you're absolutely right. We shouldn't tolerate it. 

Forget these "light lorries". I've started seeing really heavy multi-axle trucks on lane 2 and even on the extreme right lane. On expressways, there is zero excuse. On normal 70 highways, I badly want to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they're turning right soon, but I've actually seen some of these f**kers filter back to the middle when the right gets clogged with right turning vehicles, then chiong back to the rightmost lane after the turn has passed. In other words, they just like speeding or hogging the rightmost lane. 

Instead of camping out on bridges like useless revenue grubbing couch potatoes, the TP should mobilise onto stealth bikes (like the ones that caught the Audi recently) and go aggressively after these heavy vehicles on any lane but the left. Tail them. If traffic is free flowing and they haven't turned right within an estimated 600m (ample time to filter), then stop them and book them. 

And make the punishment hurt badly. 

First offence, warn the driver and fine the company. 

Second offence, tear up the work permit of any foreign driver and deport and blacklist them (including Malaysians). Local drivers get a fine that's not less than two months' pay. Fine the company gao gao and enforce mandatory retraining of their entire driver fleet at their expense and time (and time = money). 

Believe me, they will learn fast.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 7

13 hours ago, Othello said:

got a feeling ..... surely something before that

no lah...this exit from tpe  to changi village always got ppl don't want to queue up cut double white lines

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

I rarely do this but I think this Subaru S-GT (that's the automatic WRX hatch) exhibited very poor judgement that could easily have led to a major accident under other circumstances. 

Transit Road junction this morning. Luckily I routinely slow down (lift off the gas and even brake gently) close to junctions in the name of defensive driving because I try to anticipate careless drivers like this. I could brake in time but if I hadn't been able to, I still couldn't have swerved because there was a classic Mini which was coming at high speed on my left. Just imagine if the Subaru had continued and gone into the path of the other Brit car. 

I appended the rear cam footage to show both that my braking manoeuvre was safe as my six was clear (I try to out-accelerate traffic for this reason) and also to show the approaching Mini to my immediate left.

All in all, it's so ironic that Turboflat4 was almost hit by a Turboflat4. 😂😂😂

(No, I'm not posting outside this forum, nor am I making a report).

Just curious, what car are you driving? Engine rear mounted..

Also that mini that zoomed past the junction was going really fast..

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Beanoyip said:

McLaren 12C, stock (616 hp) 

• Praise 8

22 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

need more of these stealth TPs

There are a lot of BMWs driven by young guys who weave in and out of lanes at high speed.

2 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

A high end condo moving around on the road.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 8

23 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Plenty of vehicles turning without due care..

This one don't know why got hit but kept rolling on..

i use this junction almost every day , the view of the BMW is turning is alway block by heavy vehicle or bus, and its a 3 lane. its extremely dangerous to cross when the green arrow is not out.

normally i dun bother to try,  i just wait for green arrow to come out. (those no patience driver can horn all they want, if i cannot see the traffic i wont poke my nose out)

this is 1 junction that really need control traffic light, 

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 3

15 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

I rarely do this but I think this Subaru S-GT (that's the automatic WRX hatch) exhibited very poor judgement that could easily have led to a major accident under other circumstances. 

I wonder, if you were not driving a Mac, would the subaru have guai guai reverse for you to pass 🤔

• Haha! 7

12 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

IMHO. 

1)  Lax enforcement
2)  No where mentioned they cannot.    

Important question also includes, 

a)  why lorry brake lights only one working?
b)  why motorcycle  lane splitting?

• Praise 4

13 minutes ago, boonhat_91 said:

I wonder, if you were not driving a Mac, would the subaru have guai guai reverse for you to pass 🤔

if he see my lorry, I think white car guy already scold me until Jialat jialat  ☹️

• Haha! 4

5 minutes ago, Kklee said:

IMHO. 

1)  Lax enforcement
2)  No where mentioned they cannot.    

Important question also includes, 

a)  why lorry brake lights only one working?
b)  why motorcycle  lane splitting?

Errr if the motorcycle did not lane slip in this case he will oso kenna right?

i not for or against lane splitting.. imagine IF all motor did not lane split.. The road capacity will not be able to cope.. will we driver able to accept it?

• Praise 4

10 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

i not for or against lane splitting.. imagine IF all motor did not lane split.. The road capacity will not be able to cope.. will we driver able to accept it?

IMHO.

If the motorcyclist was not lane splitting, likely it would be behind the lorry. 
In the same scenario,  the motorcyclist would be able to take evasive action to the left.

To answer your second question,  in this particular video,  there are many empty spaces on the left two lanes. 

1 hour ago, Ody_2004 said:

We saw chain collision before, if any bikes did not do lane splitting but instead travelling in between front and back of those cars  involved, what will happen to the bike ?  

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Since LTA upgraded those LCVs 60KM/H decal to 70KM/H, they seems to be allowed to travel on the 2nd lane (any written regulations from TP i dont know).

20 hours ago, mersaylee said:

I couldn’t help but played the clip several times....love the sound of the car horn and the beastie exo note....on top of that “stoopah” 🤣

Oh, I did the same! It is a Mc Roar!

Edited by Fitvip
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2