Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

Wah, heng arh! Still in page 2!

OK, my contribution (old video that I have not uploaded previously). SMRT bus beating red light (so does that white Jaguar XJ in the beginning of the video).

Moral of the story: Don't be the champion to start 0 - 100 Km/h sprint just when the light turns green, there might be some kukus out there to "whack" you from your left right center... [furious]

...like the Ferarri at Junction of Victoria Street and Rochore Road...

↡ Advertisement

Checking in...

Pity the angmoh la. Back in his own country, he get to drive a car.

Then come here realized the price of car so high, have to resort to riding a bicycle under the hot sun. Probably tell people it's healthy lifestyle.

[rolleyes]

Bro,

Amdk ride bicycle = environemnwt friendly, fit zai, financial prudent, must be rich, love and kiss angmo

Locals ride bike = no money prude, no money ride car farknoff lah, waste oxygen, puiizz

Looks like another nation building contributor :XD:
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
Nowadays many ppl are becoming colour blind. Two days ago I was walking on the pavement and approaching a traffic light crossing when I heard a loud screech and saw a car stop momentarily ON the crossing before driving off ...even when the green man was still there.

Maybe red light not strong enough... Must have red liquid on the bonnet then can.

Edited by Ysc3

Nowadays many ppl are becoming colour blind. Two days ago I was walking on the pavement and approaching a traffic light crossing when I heard a loud screech and saw a car stop momentarily ON the crossing before driving off ...even when the green man was still there.

Maybe red light not strong enough... Must have red liquid on the bonnet then can.

Maybe that particular junction is turn left on RED?  [:p]

Turbocharged

This guy damm fierce.. Still can beat after some time have passed.. Maybe he predicted and timed for car cam to turn in properly liao..   [:p]

No lar..... rushing to hand in IC.... he saw the jam at causeway, chua sai.... thought later counter jam like the causeway.... not enough time to hand in his IC....  [lipsrsealed]

Bloody van driver, eye NOT on the road!!! [furious]  [furious] 1 life lost :a-rip:

54-year-old woman dies in van accident; driver arrested

SINGAPORE - A 54-year-old woman died after an accident involving a van in Taman Jurong on Thursday (Aug 15) afternoon.

Police said they were alerted to the incident at the junction of Ho Ching Road and Corporation Road around 3.30pm.

The woman was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics. It is not clear how the accident occurred.

The 33-year-old van driver was arrested by the police for causing death by a negligent act, and investigations are ongoing.
  • Praise 7

Many motorists when turning out from this kind of road. Their focus is usually on the oncoming traffic to the right. Van driver should have check left/right before turning out and not turn while looking right.

When crossing this kind of road it is safer to cross before the junction (right side of the van). Many non license holders don’t know the danger.

• Praise 16

Bloody van driver, eye NOT on the road!!! [furious][furious] 1 life lost :a-rip:

SINGAPORE - A 54-year-old woman died after an accident involving a van in Taman Jurong on Thursday (Aug 15) afternoon.

Police said they were alerted to the incident at the junction of Ho Ching Road and Corporation Road around 3.30pm.

The woman was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics. It is not clear how the accident occurred.

The 33-year-old van driver was arrested by the police for causing death by a negligent act, and investigations are ongoing.

In my opinion, there is never just one single cause for an accident.

Yes, the van driver has to shoulder a big part of the responsibility for not keeping a proper lookout, but if the pedestrian had CHOSEN NOT to cross the road at that instance whereby she put herself in direct risk and path of the van, should would not have lost her life.

I am very sure for those who drive often enough to be able to see clearly that the pedestrian was EXPECTING the van to have seen her and give way to her. And I am very sure we meet such pedestrians all the time. Cyclists and PMD riders have joined in the party of having this mentality.

I just wished these road users stop having such expectations, because the video shows a classic example whereby the expectation was not met. It cannot be expected that all drivers will be able to notice and stop safely for all such road users. And what if the drivers were distracted by gadgets or people in their vehicles, or simple just not alert or awake?

Whenever I come across such road users, after the initial anger, I always tell myself that these people were lucky to have met me that day. Someone like me who was not distracted at that particular instance and had a good upbringing not to decide to run over them. If ever there was a day where I had lost hope in everything, in everyone and in life, and when I feel I have nothing to lose, I would just step on the accelerator pedal by choice instead of the brake pedal.

I have saved the video because I am pretty sure it will get taken down really soon, and to show it to people who still think all the vehicles in the world must stop for them whenever they feel like jaywalking.

• Praise 14

Twincharged

Bloody van driver, eye NOT on the road!!! [furious][furious] 1 life lost :a-rip:

F@$!...when I saw the video, I had cold sweat when see the van go up and down after hitting the woman. If possible, pls delete.

I think we were just talking about this less than two weeks ago... When a bike hit a car.

Edited by Ysc3

Probably trying to mitigate that aunty jay walked that attributed to the unfortunate accident.

That is highly likely..

But in Singapore, whereby drivers are expected to have Superman and Spidey senses, to be able to spot and detect all kinds of surprises coming from any possible direction, at any possible time, at any possible speed, such as cyclists and PMD riders out from nowhere at lightning speed, falling trees, speeding motorcycles out of nowhere when having turned the turn back to check blind spot before changing lanes, cargo falling off trucks, people jumping off overhead bridges onto the road and traffic below etc, AND STILL EXPECTED to have reflexes of The Flash, the video will not absolve the van driver of responsibility at all.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2