Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

good...teach him a lesson. Road is not owned by your grandfather. make illegal crossing and expect everyone to give way to you. 

I m sure he would wanna run if he could...judging by his limping. Dun ya think so? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

27 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

sorry to hear that she didn't make it...did the bus make it? 

We will grow old too. 

So hope we are not being quoted then by younger generation. 

Chill........ 

• Praise 7

Twincharged
36 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

150kg+?? :slow:

Yup... She was a big lady and she had difficulty walking... And had to take short breaks even after walking about 50m.... I would usually she her resting at the car park which is about 50m from the bus stop ... But on that fateful day,  the minibus "did not expect" her to cross the road. 

• Sad 2

Twincharged
40 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

sorry to hear that she didn't make it...did the bus make it? 

See for yourself

Screenshot_20200402_112051.jpg

• Praise 2

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Don't be so evil la.

It's obvious the uncle having problem walking and already limping but still must work. Just let him pass lor. Looks like a delivery guy.

There are people who have to endure the hot sun outside working while some of you are working from the comfort of your home. 

But the driver focus is probably on his left so I don't blame him. If he saw the old uncle, he will probably give way one. 

Live and let live, more so for times like this. 

I understand the person has problem walking, but this doesnt give him the right to anyhow cross the road without due care. I have saw before those eldery who is having problem walking with their walking stick, did not use the pedestrian light to cross and simply just jaywalk across the road. This is dangerous for everyone lo.

14 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I understand the person has problem walking, but this doesnt give him the right to anyhow cross the road without due care. I have saw before those eldery who is having problem walking with their walking stick, did not use the pedestrian light to cross and simply just jaywalk across the road. This is dangerous for everyone lo.

They usually also have issues with making judgements not just physical movements. Like kids. No point getting worked up. Just be careful when you see them nearby, like you would when you see kids. 

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
(edited)
24 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Look at this video. Do you see any traffic light? If I remembered correctly, this whole stretch of Sin Ming don’t have traffic light till at the junction.

He where got anyhow cross? He was walking so slowly. Was he on his handphone or listening to music? Or running across? That’s anyhow cross.

So how you want him to cross this road? Walk few hundred meters to a traffic light crossing?

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 6

On 4/1/2020 at 1:42 AM, Jellandross said:

When the right turn queue is too long you have to think out of the box lah 

Self-entitled mindset?

• Praise 2

25 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

They usually also have issues with making judgements not just physical movements. Like kids. No point getting worked up. Just be careful when you see them nearby, like you would when you see kids. 

confirm. I can only go "WAH LAO EH" and slow down. Plenty of old folks really cross like they own the road. Pretty nothing much we can do .... 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Disregarding the fact that he crossed at a junction where vehicles are expected to turn right, there is a possibility that he was in a blind spot of the van driver, and the driver could also be in a rush to clear the junction, not expecting the jaywalker.

Notwithstanding that, I hope the uncle is recovering well. 

• Praise 3

Supersonic
35 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

I would not get worked up but what i meant is when i see them crossing road really skip a heart beat for them. Cause not all drivers on the road would be so careful to look out around their surrounding de. So the pedestrian themselves when crossing the road also need to be careful and look around them, although like you said they have issues with making judgements also.

But when accident happened, no matter what reasons, driver would always in the wrong.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
13 minutes ago, Simplecar said:

Disregarding the fact that he crossed at a junction where vehicles are expected to turn right, there is a possibility that he was in a blind spot of the van driver, and the driver could also be in a rush to clear the junction, not expecting the jaywalker.

Notwithstanding that, I hope the uncle is recovering well. 

Let's disregard this blind spot malarkey once and for all.

It  is every driver's responsibility to be aware of his blind spots and to shift his head such that he can see into blind spots.

• Praise 4

4 hours ago, mikk123 said:

good...teach him a lesson. Road is not owned by your grandfather. make illegal crossing and expect everyone to give way to you. 

Dun have to phrase it until like that. Not difficult to let a limping individual cross right? Sow more good deeds lah. OK? 🙂

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

36 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Let live and live lah

ownself never do wrong things meh

ownself never weak before meh

Exactly 

like feel so alive while watching the educational beedeo and feel so weak after watching hor...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Have seen many old folks lurking to get a chance to meet Radx especially roads in old estates...illness, frustration, depression, mental etc can lead to drastic move...do be extra careful peeps

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

3 taken to hospital after accident involving van and 2 cars at Eng Neo Avenue engneo.jpg.e9cbd30d33671ae6980844115735f13e.jpg

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/3-taken-to-hospital-after-accident-involving-van-and-2-cars-at-eng-neo-avenue

• Shocked 3
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
5 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Be kind lah...Old man having difficulties in walking...I believe he had knocked his head on the ground...ouch!! May he gets well soon. 

It’s wrong with the jaywalk ...but the onus almost certainly on the driver...

aging population...more such stealth lurkers in not so far distant 

I believe the driver  have overlooked the pedestrain  because was paying full attention for vehicles coming from his left . The person can walk slowly but not at a junction like this. 

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1