Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

19 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Looks like expiring road tax is the in thing these days  , I am one of the few fools who are still paying road tax timely.

me worse.. one month advance! whahahahahahaha..

So in short LTA don use ERP to monitor such road tax violation? don tell me with so many gantries such cars manage to siam??

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

16 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

me worse.. one month advance! whahahahahahaha..

So in short LTA don use ERP to monitor such road tax violation? don tell me with so many gantries such cars manage to siam??

If I am correct,  the penalty for road tax expired for more than 3 months is only $250, though it is an offence to drive a car without a valid road tax , I dont know what would be the  penalty . This guy is really daring to have his road tax unpaid for more than 6 months. Looks like  LTA has no money to tow his car because everyone else is owing road tax.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

LTA has no money to tow his car because everyone else is owing road tax.

or could be the Road tax collected or uncollected is insignificant to the ERP money collected?

Edited by Ody_2004
  • Praise 2

This BM driver damn daring - if road tax expired more than 6 months most likely no insurance coverage as well unless he just renewed insurance before going to pay his long overdue and new road tax or he just renewed insurance with no intention to pay road tax.

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

The PHV may have look Left before Turning,it was clear...but the Cam Car turned too fast,PHV cannot react fast enough...so in Small Roads like this better don't take Cornering like F-1...

Cant judge whether Cam Car turned too fast, but the way he react definitely not defensive driving. By the time he spotted the Mazda he should have release his accelerator and ready to brake. Should have more than enough time for him to stop. Instead he choose to swing left to avoid. 

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Looks like expiring road tax is the in thing these days  , I am one of the few fools who are still paying road tax timely.

Agreed, quite common to find cars with expired road tax and yet still running on the road. Looks like the penalty is too little? 🙄

• Praise 3

These owing road tax is absolute rubbish.. so many CCTVs around the country but none can recognise the car plate and cross check with LTA on whether it's expired or not..  What farking smart nation is this?

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, Civic101 said:

This BM driver damn daring - if road tax expired more than 6 months most likely no insurance coverage as well unless he just renewed insurance before going to pay his long overdue and new road tax or he just renewed insurance with no intention to pay road tax.

Doesn't no Road Tax mean Insurance is Null and void?

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, 13177 said:

Agreed, quite common to find cars with expired road tax and yet still running on the road. Looks like the penalty is too little? 🙄

I suppose now without the real need to display the road tax disc, easier to get away with not paying.

3 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

These owing road tax is absolute rubbish.. so many CCTVs around the country but none can recognise the car plate and cross check with LTA on whether it's expired or not..  What farking smart nation is this?

Penaulty is too light. The cars should be confiscated if road tax not paid and yet driven around without insurance. Then it will be real deterrent. 

• Praise 3

53 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

means no roadtax and din pay insurance as well lah..

u can have no road tax, but still have insurance.

no roadtax, , u can drive but when renew tio fine only.

no insurance totally cannot drive, the pen is like 100 x heavier 

(in some cases they dun have road tax, cos maybe they need to pass inspection to renew .alway happen with commerical vehicle ).

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Our CCTV haven’t take smart pill yet

Wow. So many ppl not paying road tax and drive on the road. What the hell is LTA doing?? I also believe there are many no license drivers around too. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Neutrino said:

Doesn't no Road Tax mean Insurance is Null and void?

Within 6 months still possible to have insurance coverage as road tax payment can be 6 months while road tax is normally one year but more than 6 months high chance insurance coverage also expired.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1