Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

14 minutes ago, Actan72 said:

there was green arrow for the front car to turn left.. i look at my right side mirror, there was no u-turn sign

Without U-turn sign there does not mean it is illegal to U-turn. It is illegal only if there is a "NO U-TURN" sign there.

image.png.1ec94b5bad0c9d256ce56596b330f636.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1

35 minutes ago, Xtrah said:

The photo below says a thousand words. Left turn from minor road to major road, please give way to u-turn vehicles from main road. Do you want a u-turn car to stop in middle of lanes  while performing u-turn and give way to vehicle do left turn from minor road? Common sense driving. Who will have major accident and death rate? I still find alot of stupid drivers do left turn from minor road to major road like I've right of way and give middle finger even when they are wrong.

Screenshot_20190924-121430_Gallery.jpg

This is a screw up design, LTA should just move the u-turn opening further down or up the junction by 50 meter. The existing junction should be used for right turning vehicles  from the main road  only.

• Praise 2

15 minutes ago, Sx4falcon said:

Without U-turn sign there does not mean it is illegal to U-turn. It is illegal only if there is a "NO U-TURN" sign there.

You are wrong. It's tombalek. 

https://sso.agc.gov.sg/SL/RTA1961-R11?ProvIds=P1IV-

Highway code: 

U-TURN

66.  Do not make a U-turn at any road intersection, junction or any opening in a road divider unless permitted to do so by a traffic sign."

https://singaporeofw.com/common-traffic-rules-violations-and-fines-in-singapore/

Making Illegal U-turns

In Singapore, it’s illegal to make U-turns where there is no sign that says so. This is dangerous because drivers may make this mistake at right-turning corners where they may come in collision with other vehicles heading their direction.

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 7

11 minutes ago, Sx4falcon said:

https://sso.agc.gov.sg/SL/276-R20?DocDate=20180430&ViewType=Advance&Phrase=u+turn&WiAl=1

No vehicle to make U-turn at road intersection or junction

13.—(1)  No driver or rider of any vehicle shall make a U-turn at any road intersection, road junction or opening in a road divider unless he is permitted to do so by a road sign.(2)  A driver or rider of any vehicle making a U-turn under paragraph (1) shall —

(a)move as near as possible to the right-hand edge of the roadway;

(b)give way to any on-coming vehicle; and

(c)wait for a safe opportunity to complete the turn.

(3)  A driver or rider of any vehicle making a U-turn under this rule shall do so after the U-turn sign.

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Xtrah said:

The photo below says a thousand words. Left turn from minor road to major road, please give way to u-turn vehicles from main road. Do you want a u-turn car to stop in middle of lanes  while performing u-turn and give way to vehicle do left turn from minor road? Common sense driving. Who will have major accident and death rate? I still find alot of stupid drivers do left turn from minor road to major road like I've right of way and give middle finger even when they are wrong.

Pai sei.  When I was posting I was thinking of near ttsh.    Where you can make a discretionary u turn at a traffic junction.  And when you u turn there is a filter lane where you can be turning left(A)  Wait I see if I got the picture.  So a car turning left at filter lane will look right to check road is clear.

If the vehicle at u turn sign junction(black dot) is stopped or slowing to check if road is clear, the car turning at filtering lane might not know the vehicle is not turning right but intend to u turn.  And when vehicles u turn very fast, sometimes there will be horning or near misses though I am unaware of any accidents there so far.

20190924_135454.jpg

Edited by Philipkee

On 9/23/2019 at 11:36 AM, Ysc3 said:

Van driver jialat liow lor... Wonder if the van driver will say did not notice... 

It could be a Lexus van!🤣

• Praise 1

44 minutes ago, Actan72 said:

https://sso.agc.gov.sg/SL/276-R20?DocDate=20180430&ViewType=Advance&Phrase=u+turn&WiAl=1

No vehicle to make U-turn at road intersection or junction

13.—(1)  No driver or rider of any vehicle shall make a U-turn at any road intersection, road junction or opening in a road divider unless he is permitted to do so by a road sign.(2)  A driver or rider of any vehicle making a U-turn under paragraph (1) shall —

(a)move as near as possible to the right-hand edge of the roadway;

(b)give way to any on-coming vehicle; and

(c)wait for a safe opportunity to complete the turn.

(3)  A driver or rider of any vehicle making a U-turn under this rule shall do so after the U-turn sign.

So that made the "NO U-TURN" sign redundant in SG. 

Edited by Sx4falcon
  • Praise 1

18 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Pai sei.  When I was posting I was thinking of near ttsh.    Where you can make a discretionary u turn at a traffic junction.  And when you u turn there is a filter lane where you can be turning left(A)  Wait I see if I got the picture.  So a car turning left at filter lane will look right to check road is clear.

If the vehicle at u turn sign junction(black dot) is stopped or slowing to check if road is clear, the car turning at filtering lane might not know the vehicle is not turning right but intend to u turn.  And when vehicles u turn very fast, sometimes there will be horning or near misses though I am unaware of any accidents there so far.

20190924_135454.jpg

Errm , is there such a thing as a discretionary u turn at a traffic junction?

1 hour ago, Xtrah said:

That is what our theory book states too. Minor road turning left has to give way to cars U turn on major road. Many on the road think otherwise.

• Praise 1

17 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Errm , is there such a thing as a discretionary u turn at a traffic junction?

Sorry.  Wrong term :D.  Cos that junction no red arrow so its discretionary right turn and since got a u turn sign I call it discretionary u turn..

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Sx4falcon said:

Like that also can 

8 minutes ago, Actan72 said:

Honda Civic must be rushing to toilet.. filter left and filter right

Very common and not a big deal.. I in fact do this whenever the lane 1 or 2 is too slow.😁

• Praise 4

20 minutes ago, Sx4falcon said:

luckily no one is standing in the way of thevan.

Dont know if inside the house got people or not?

↡ Advertisement