Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

Can the house owner claim the driver insurance? If no, I think the house owner will headache. 

Luckily there is no car parked at the porch, if not car and gate both got crashed?! Lol.

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Datsun366 said:

Today learn what type of house NOT to buy.

my ah ma ah gong always tell me buy house cannot be in junction or cross road de loh.. guess they r right!

• Praise 3
  • Dislike 1

12 hours ago, Dafansu said:

There's a word Reminder listed below the No U-turn sign. This No U-turn reminder signage is common at places where illegal u turn is common; especially if the junction have a left turn traffic signal. Somehow to act as a reminder

Nowadays most drivers drive with their eyes closed de, dont think they would bother to see what is written on the signage lo. Lol.

2 hours ago, therock said:

Took out the gate and more... 10k of pain...

Even if chasing is futile, it looks better than casually strolling 🚶‍♀ 

No knowledge in this area, but I am quite surprised the free wheeling van could so easily take down the gate. So much so that upon the first viewing I mistakenly thought the gate was already open and the van somehow just nice slot itself into the open driveway.

Next time don't bother with fancy gate liao, install those rectractable bollards instead.

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

San franscisco has a lot of steep slope residential area, all the locals know how to park their car safely. 

Drivers there are required by law to kerb their wheels, ie, turn the steering such that if the vehicle rolls down, it hits the kerb and hopefully stops moving.

Edited by Kklim
  • Praise 3

18 hours ago, Sx4falcon said:

luckily no one is standing in the way of the van.

Seems that the van had already hit something, while rolling down the slop, as the door was already damaged as seen on the video.

c8eevV1.jpg

That house owner is damn suay, as the house most probably just underwent some renovation within the past 1 year. And high likely the door, walls and glass panels were damaged by the fast rolling van in the process... Hopefully no one is in the porch / living room area when the accident happened.

g6NTLLk.jpg

erjtOgs.jpg

Z81GStz.jpg

• Praise 6

Ah, I was right, Lucky Heights Estate..

That was a new gate... not just repainted.. at least it slowed the van down. 

Hopefully it hit the side wall instead of the glass.. 

2-3k for the wall, 10k for the gate and the motor. The owner must make sure the pins / screws in the wall are secure. 

You know, Fengsui is practical sometimes... if one lives near a T junction, or at a curve of a bend, this is one thing that can happen... 

Some truck backed into a gate before, they had to dig out the old screws holding the gate and re-fix it. Not a simple job. 

I feel sorry for the man, but attention to detail.... it reminded me of a sad incident where a man reversed and killed his wife ... 

Edited by therock
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Perseus76 said:

The key difference in AU is that you can make U-Turns in any small lanes, unless there are sign indicating "NO U TURN", whereas in SG, you cannot make any, unless there is a sign showing you can.

This actually sums up the unique culture difference in Singapore and other countries - road regulations and daily life in general.

1 minute ago, Zxcvb said:

This actually sums up the unique culture difference in Singapore and other countries - road regulations and daily life in general.

It's not just a cultural difference mate... the traffic there is less dense.. some suburbs only see a few cars per hour.. 

14 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

Why open the door in the middle of the road? 

I have mixed feelings about this.  The truck driver had no business opening his door in the middle lane, for whatever reason.  The biker is skillful and was lucky he was riding proactively and managed to see and react.  If he'd reacted a half second later, he would have hit the door.  But he was lane splitting. 

Lane splitting is inherently a risky maneuver taken by the biker.  Lane splitting at a much higher speed than vehicles in their lanes is even riskier.   I can't even count the times an entitled lane splitter zoomed past me at full speed, horn beeping furiously away, closing the gap with a vehicle in front FROM THEIR BLIND SPOT, to stop that vehicle from otherwise filtering safely.  And it happens even if the vehicle in front is filtering to exit an expressway, on the left lane.  

I think lane splitting bikes need to understand that vehicles have limited visibility, especially of the back, and have limited visibility of, and limited options to react to something much smaller coming up from behind at a much higher speed.  There's a reason why the vehicle behind is almost always assigned fault in a collision - it is unrealistic for the vehicle in front to fully anticipate what is happening behind.  By definition, a lane splitter is the 'behind' vehicle in all cases that it's going at a higher speed than in-lane traffic.  

Videos where lane splitters are in close calls - my usual eaction is - 'lucky for that guy on the bike'.  It's rarely, if ever, a feeling that the slower vehicle in front 'failed to keep a look out'.

19 hours ago, Sx4falcon said:

luckily no one is standing in the way of the van.

Please don't be alarmed, we are doing driver less vehicles trials 😲.

Luckily no one was hurt, driver is going to get big time.

8 minutes ago, therock said:

it's an accident, but man.... it's a few months pay for that man.. he won't be let go for now, not at least until he pays off the damage..

How much is those landed house gate cost ah?

↡ Advertisement