Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

8 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

if you were cam car.. will you chase down the mofo and fug him?

It would be more effective to submit the video to TP.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

25 minutes ago, F355 said:

Aiyo this is so common la , just slow down a bit , let him take a little bit of your road , and we are on our way .

Why get stressed up ? 

Not true that it is common, I drive there almost daily and at least 99% of drivers keep to their lane. If you looked at the video closely, the van driver swerve into my lane by quite a fair bit and had I not been ultra careful and alert it would be a damn serious collision benefitting nobody. Such stupidity and recklessness of the van driver should not be encouraged. I have duly reported to traffic police and the company. Just for education and sharing, not stressed at all but I felt compelled to do the right thing to prevent a real accident.

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, ktnpl said:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/DENmDS2SHII

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DENmDS2SHII" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The incident happened on Thursday, 26 Sep 2019 at 4pm. The van driver recklessly cut into the opposing lane while turning from Lichi Ave to Willow Ave (please see video files attached). He could have caused a serious accident had I not been careful and alert.

Similar incidents alway happens in my HDB estate 

1 minute ago, ktnpl said:

Not true that it is common, I drive there almost daily and at least 99% of drivers keep to their lane. If you looked at the video closely, the van driver swerve into my lane by quite a fair bit and had I not been ultra careful and alert it would be a damn serious collision benefitting nobody. Such stupidity and recklessness of the van driver should not be encouraged. I have duly reported to traffic police and the company. Just for education and sharing, not stressed at all but I felt compelled to do the right thing to prevent a real accident.

For commercial vehicle, best to report to TP and the company. Let the company know their driver drive dangerously. Like those SBS buses which always change lane or exit bus-stop recklessly, at least must report them to the bus company.

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

For commercial vehicle, best to report to TP and the company. Let the company know their driver drive dangerously. Like those SBS buses which always change lane or exit bus-stop recklessly, at least must report them to the bus company.

Even for private car, such cases should be reported to TP too.  If one believe that the same guy will keep doing the same thing, when there are enough  people reporting his bad driving behavior to TP, see how many points  he could  afford to accumulate. 

• Praise 2

7 minutes ago, 13177 said:

👍 I have reported it to TP and the company. In the meantime, I may have to increase the safety margin from 1m before the stop line to maybe 3 meters or more when approaching the junction of Willow Ave and Lichi Ave...

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, ktnpl said:

Brother then you have to come in my estate, here every day kena same stunt like no body business (i mean everyday). It is very common as it is not round about and people tend to stay close to their side than hitting other curb (not saying it is correct, but thats how it happen). If i post video of such incident then everyday there would be few contributions from my account, at the end it would be other party fault but in case of accident all hassle of sending for repair and claim insurance really not worth it (unless you have spare car). Good luck and good that you sent this video to TP, at least if next time he hit someone in similar manner they would know he/she had tendency of eating other people lane.

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

if you were cam car.. will you chase down the mofo and fug him?

If cam car is King Kong lorry, I am sure blue car wouldn’t chut this trick

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

On 9/25/2019 at 10:33 AM, Carbon82 said:

Seems that the van had already hit something, while rolling down the slop, as the door was already damaged as seen on the video.

c8eevV1.jpg

That house owner is damn suay, as the house most probably just underwent some renovation within the past 1 year. And high likely the door, walls and glass panels were damaged by the fast rolling van in the process... Hopefully no one is in the porch / living room area when the accident happened.

g6NTLLk.jpg

erjtOgs.jpg

Z81GStz.jpg

OK, I kaypo and drove to the affected unit... The gate and pillar absorbed the impact from the rolling van very well as there seems to be no other visible damage done to the unit. BTW, it has a few steps right in front of the door, so that could have prevent the van from coming into direct contact with the door / walls.

C6ESpjj.jpg

2ZV6yi1.jpg

@therock the repair cost is high likely to be >$10K as the fencing wall has to be rebuilt, and not counting the additional damages made to the steps (covered with granite title it seems). And that XC90 belongs to the owner instead of ex-owner...

• Praise 13
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

OK, I kaypo and drove to the affected unit... The gate and pillar absorbed the impact from the rolling van very well as there seems to be no other visible damage done to the unit. BTW, it has a few steps right in front of the door, so that could have prevent the van from coming into direct contact with the door / walls.

C6ESpjj.jpg

2ZV6yi1.jpg

@therock the repair cost is high likely to be >$10K as the fencing wall has to be rebuilt, and not counting the additional damages made to the steps (covered with granite title it seems). And that XC90 belongs to the owner instead of ex-owner...

Wah, forward recce party!

Yeah.... the pillar cracked.. wow... but side wall is ok, so change / repair gate, repair wall - I should recommend the owner my contractor... it might still come in under 10k, but the owner isn't going to be so forgiving... wasn't his fault at all. The gate itself looks ok, so if the owner is kind, he might say keep that..

The facade of this place is nice, pretty modern design...  his renovations are mainly interior and the gate - I'm guessing..

Edited by therock
  • Praise 2

9 minutes ago, Sx4falcon said:

Is it the PMD see people taking video, panicked and lost balance?

These are usually attention seekers , so when this guy saw  people taking video, he quickly tried to show some impressive stunt, he got the attention anyway. 

• Haha! 1

16 hours ago, Davidtch said:

Similar incidents alway happens in my HDB estate 

Mine too. Everyone does a narrow right turn to get to the EPS gantry to exit carpark.

Used to it by now. 

Just need to look for them coming out and honk them to tell them I at the other end or stop 2m before the stop line if they are already turning.

• Praise 1

Why is it that local drivers can turn properly into it's respective lane? Like someone mentioned, it is common around hdb cp and along narrow road leading to it.

I had this frustration everyday despite me keeping as close as possible to the curb at the risk of coming into contact with kerb. The closer I am to the kerb side, the more these idiot drivers makan out. Be it going straight or turning.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1