Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

6 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

Latest ...SG car abruptly change Kane and jam brake on MY road... MY biker hit and flew!  (from 2:55 onwards)

https://www.asiaone.com/malaysia/motorcyclist-malaysia-flung-air-after-crashing-car-driven-singaporean

It looked like the SG driver wanted to take off the MY biker.

Who goes to fast lane and jam brake?

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

It looked like the SG driver wanted to take off the MY biker.

Who goes to fast lane and jam brake?

I think he was trying to make the right exit... but no situational awareness at all...

• Praise 2

6 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

Latest ...SG car abruptly change Kane and jam brake on MY road... MY biker hit and flew!  (from 2:55 onwards)

https://www.asiaone.com/malaysia/motorcyclist-malaysia-flung-air-after-crashing-car-driven-singaporean

This is what happens when everyone always passes their driving test.

I heard just take a cup of Kopi O for the tester and he will be so happy he "sure pass" one.

I heard my MY frens says its a Kopi O licence.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

33 minutes ago, ktnpl said:

I also think that could be the mentality of the van driver but his action is reckless as it could lead to a head-on collision considering that it is a blind corner. Both parties will not have enough reaction time by the time you sight each other's vehicle. It is stupid of the van driver as he only saved a few seconds.

That's how it is these days with commercial drivers.

Everyone wants to save time.

PHV drivers cut lanes to save time, food delivery on PMD will fly thru pedestrian crossings to save time and all run red lights to save time.

Silly and dangerous but that won't stop them.

Its all money to them. Safety not important.

• Praise 2

10 hours ago, ktnpl said:

The only time I had to stop and crawl more than 3m before the stop line was in my earlier video when I anticipated a small transgression but was taken aback by the van's overly aggressive maneuver. This was helped partly from an earlier experience when I had to reverse despite stopping 1m before the stop line to allow a huge bus to turn so I started creeping up a distance from the stop line. There are also a couple of kinks along Willow Avenue which is unusual and requires more caution for the driver. Some drivers are less skilled or careless and from time to time do eat a little into the opposing lane while turning which I find still acceptable if they are not going too fast and the transgression is a small one which will not cause a serious accident.

I really think it's 小题大做 la

Overblown out of proportions.

If it's me I won't even bother posting such videos. I encounter this every other random day.

Edited by Theoldjaffa
  • Praise 4

14 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

When will they learn? Maybe can fwd to ninjavan management? 

Mad rush to meet delivery time. Bad mood after getting shit from customers. Not own vehicle. If accident maybe can get MC paid to rest at home. All kinds of motivations to behave badly on the road. Sigh. 

Edited by Jellandross

10 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

I really think it's 小题大做 la

Overblown out of proportions.

If it's me I won't even bother posting such videos. I encounter this every other random day.

The frequency of such incidents should not be the reason not to post although it is rare in my own experience. It is funny that your encounters are different from mine. I admit the video does not look as bad as the real experience but I only encounter such substantial transgression once in a long while. Most drivers keep to their lane and even if they do accidentally cut into the opposing lane, the transgression is not substantial and the opposing vehicle is further away. Had I approached the junction at normal speed, the van would have smashed into my car.

To put things in the right context, I rarely need to report traffic offences and IIRC this is the first time I posted online on a traffic offence in my long history of safe driving.

To classify the issue, one needs to look at the extent of the transgression, speed of the vehicle and proximity of approaching vehicles.

Edited by ktnpl

On the topic of cutting into other lanes, I wonder if everyone is aware that LTA is making the public roads narrower to allow a wider pedestrian path.

Driveways in new HDB estate is 3m wide per lane (older HDB estates 2.7m) but public road is reduced from 3.7m to 3.5m for kerbside and 3.5m to 3.2m for inner lanes.

Driving on Singapore's public roads will become more stressful 😓.

Edited by ktnpl
  • Angry 1
  • Shocked 1

22 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

When will they learn? Maybe can fwd to ninjavan management? 

The bike was lucky, he was moving at a steady speed, he might get knocked or sideswept by the van had he accelerated faster.

Edited by Ct3833

39 minutes ago, ktnpl said:

On the topic of cutting into other lanes, I wonder if everyone is aware that LTA is making the public roads narrower to allow a wider pedestrian path.

Driveways in new HDB estate is 3m wide per lane (older HDB estates 2.7m) but public road is reduced from 3.7m to 3.5m for kerbside and 3.5m to 3.2m for inner lanes.

To reduce your stress

Don't drive or drive Mini 3 dr

My estate has a bz T junction.  A lot of cars do the same stunt in your video.  Nothing new to me.

Edited by Davidtch

Twincharged
46 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

The bike was lucky, he was moving at a steady speed, he might get knocked or sideswept by the van had he accelerated faster.

the "right of way" mentality … I don't think biker did not see the van … but the biker was EXPECTING the van to slow down as the bike had the "right of way".

but like the saying goes … always expect the unexpected. (re : police car vs lancer video)

Edited by Ysc3
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, ktnpl said:

There is also a silver zone implemented in some estate The road at silver zone really quite narrow. 

• Praise 1

This accident AMK Ave 1 had an injury. I passed by shortly, and an ambulance was there attending to the injured party prior to evacuation. I pity him/her if it was the passenger of the SUV that got injured from the Volvo teeing the passenger door at speed. The driver of black SUV is to blame.

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, serenade said:

This accident AMK Ave 1 had an injury. I passed by shortly, and an ambulance was there attending to the injured party prior to evacuation. I pity him/her if it was the passenger of the SUV that got injured from the Volvo teeing the passenger door at speed. The driver of black SUV is to blame.

IMO, both have to shoulder the blame, 1 beat the amber light, 1 too impatient to turn, but LTA have to take the biggest blame their incompetence for not rolling out discretionary turns fast enough

• Praise 2

55 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

IMO, both have to shoulder the blame, 1 beat the amber light, 1 too impatient to turn, but LTA have to take the biggest blame their incompetence for not rolling out discretionary turns fast enough

beating amber light is not a problem but i think he accelerated to beat the amber light, resulting in his longer stopping distance. Can see that he had braked quite early but his braking distance was not short enough. The other consideration is if one sees cars start turning, better be prepared to have more cars following suit , so at least the mind must be on the brake if the foot has not.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2