What's Your Utility Bill Like and how to reduce it

therock

7 minutes ago, Hoseyboh said:

Your kkj got shrink during  cold weather shower? 😁

This guy machiam iron man like that one

got 神功护体 one 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

How come you guys interested to know if a banana would shrink or expand until extreme condition? I is only interested to know if papaya would or not...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

@therock

$250 for pax of 4 at landed is really low consumption. 

Mine 5pax at EA oredi 170-180 per month mostly from water consumption (or wastage rather). Kids bathe with running water and never use recycled laundry water to flush toilet bowl. Low electricity usage and very very low gas usage. AC hardly turn on, gas only turn on a few times a year. 

• Praise 1

On 9/30/2019 at 11:14 PM, mersaylee said:

@therock

$250 for pax of 4 at landed is really low consumption. 

Mine 5pax at EA oredi 170-180 per month mostly from water consumption (or wastage rather). Kids bathe with running water and never use recycled laundry water to flush toilet bowl. Low electricity usage and very very low gas usage. AC hardly turn on, gas only turn on a few times a year. 

Got my latest -$253 

18 cu of water...

been watering the plants more and used more water to top up pond..

I also host friends weekly (10-12) pax... but we recycle washing water and use fish pond water for the plants..

AC use went up recently due to the haze.. 

One thing we did was to swop out the old plasma tv for an LED one.. less than half the power consumption...

• Praise 1

any idea if i should fix my electricity or go for floating package?  i haven't do the OEM thing yet 😊

about 520 kw per month

Edited by Chongster

I was looking forward to see ways to reduce power consumption but seems like must spend power efficient devices or new tech that supports power efficiency. They are no cheap.

examples from Googling. 

Make your refrigerator more efficient. ...  Apparently by adjusting the freezing temperature to around 2 degreesC.

Install LED-type fluorescent light bulbs. ...

Install automatic light sensors or timed sensors on outdoor lighting. ...

Install solar-powered landscape lighting. ...

Unplug electronic devices when not in use. ...

Buy EnergyStar-rated appliances. ...

Insulate your home to prevent heat loss or intrusion.

Dont make sense to spend more in order to save on power bill.

• Praise 1

On 10/1/2019 at 9:00 AM, Victor68 said:

In our hot and humid weather, a 'cold' shower is not only good but save $. I notice many people bathe in hot shower despite our warm weather. They are also using storage tank heater instead of instant heater even though they don't wash their dishes in hot water or have bath tub. Something you guys may wish to consider. 

Wondering anything good to have a storage tank?

On 10/1/2019 at 9:04 AM, Davidtch said:

I used to take morning cold shower in Beijing regardless of the season

Are you sure you can take cold shower during the winter in Beijing? Not cold die you meh? [dizzy] 

3 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Wondering anything good to have a storage tank?

Nothing wrong with tank heater, just wasting of energy if it doesn't serves the purpose you need. If you have long bath, you need large volume of hot water, your washing machine need hot water, you use hot water for dish washing a d of course in temperate countries, you can't even wash your hands without warm water then it is useful.

On 10/6/2019 at 9:37 PM, Chongster said:

any idea if i should fix my electricity or go for floating package?  i haven't do the OEM thing yet 😊

about 520 kw per month

If you think rates are going down get floating. If going up get fixed.

If not sure go for 1 year plan. 

If very sure go for 3 year plan. 

:D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

If like to gamble like me then go for floating. Every 3 months see if got make money or lose money. 

It's like just buying 4D.

So far 1 quarter went up and 1 went down. 

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 1

If want free IPad go for the free IPad deal. 

I think quite worth it. 

If don't want the IPad sell the BNIB IPad for $300 or $350 and use the money to pay for the electricity bill. 

• Haha! 1

50 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Nothing wrong with tank heater, just wasting of energy if it doesn't serves the purpose you need. If you have long bath, you need large volume of hot water, your washing machine need hot water, you use hot water for dish washing a d of course in temperate countries, you can't even wash your hands without warm water then it is useful.

Heard if your water pressure is low, having a storage tank helps?

↡ Advertisement