What's Your Utility Bill Like and how to reduce it

therock

Alamak, how would a tank improve your pressure unless you pump water high up then let gravity push down the water? In contrary,  some instant heater has booster pump built in to improve pressure.  If your supply is intermittent,  then tank will ensure constant flow but Singapore don't have such problem. 

↡ Advertisement

2 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Alamak, how would a tank improve your pressure unless you pump water high up then let gravity push down the water? In contrary,  some instant heater has booster pump built in to improve pressure.  If your supply is intermittent,  then tank will ensure constant flow but Singapore don't have such problem. 

So kenna con by plumber cause they say one. Lol.

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Are you sure you can take cold shower during the winter in Beijing? Not cold die you meh? [dizzy] 

I took cold shower during winter.

With cold shower, confirm wide awake.

• Haha! 2

On 10/17/2019 at 3:28 PM, 13177 said:

Heard if your water pressure is low, having a storage tank helps?

Larger pipes help or have one with an active pump..

The issue with instant heaters is how they work - they slow the water down as the water passes through the heating coils. The concept is bit different for storage heaters, hence the flow is a bit stronger... 

• Praise 2

On 10/6/2019 at 5:20 PM, therock said:

Got my latest -$253 

18 cu of water...

been watering the plants more and used more water to top up pond..

I also host friends weekly (10-12) pax... but we recycle washing water and use fish pond water for the plants..

AC use went up recently due to the haze.. 

One thing we did was to swop out the old plasma tv for an LED one.. less than half the power consumption...

$253 including water is cheap, mine electricity  from iSwitch about $230 to $250, water about $130 . All in around $460 to $500 excluding gas. I believe the killers are compressors and water heater tanks. 

• Praise 1

24 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

$253 including water is cheap, mine electricity  from iSwitch about $230 to $250, water about $130 . All in around $460 to $500 excluding gas. I believe the killers are compressors and water heater tanks. 

True, I only use the aircon at night and maybe a bit before dinner.. the water coming into my house is warm strangely.. ha, better not complain...

6 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Wah so much ?

I 3 bedroom hdb only $110.

aircon every nite

1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

Wah so much ?

aircon every nite

this is the flaw of SGP system, renting out your condos and landed but stay  in a  3 HDB flat, IRAS will come after you soon.😄😃

Edited by Ct3833

2 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Wah so much ?

aircon every nite

towkay.... shows that you don’t live hdb no need to act lah

terminology for hdb flat you used incorrect... we don’t refer to different size hdb flats by bedrooms

🤣

Edited by Enye
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

4 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

this is the flaw of SGP system, renting out your condos and landed but stay  in a  3 HDB flat, IRAS will come after you soon.😄😃

Bro, i dont rent out condo or landed lah.

i poor guy just stay in punggol HDb

Yes i hope IRAS will go after all these mfkers who rent out their places illegally. Also whack those buggers who air bnb their private property. And also those hdb owners who rent out whole house without permit.

all profiteering on us? Hardworking taxpayers !!!!!

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Enye said:

towkay.... shows that you don’t live hdb no need to act lah

terminology for hdb flat you used incorrect... we don’t refer to different size hdb flats by bedrooms

🤣

It only shows that i old school, not like those youngsters today, only know how to follow trend.  

My void deck very nice one, got nice seats for us to sit to ponder over matters.  Only thing cannot smoke cigar there.

9 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

It only shows that i old school, not like those youngsters today, only know how to follow trend.  

My void deck very nice one, got nice seats for us to sit to ponder over matters.  Only thing cannot smoke cigar there.

please lah...old school new school any school we peasants still don't use no of bedrooms to categorise hdb flats

its ok to admit you stay landed and is very rich.  open secret anyway.

😉

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Enye said:

please lah...old school new school any school we peasants still don't use no of bedrooms to categorise hdb flats

its ok to admit you stay landed and is very rich.  open secret anyway.

😉

All my life, HDB people talk about the rooms and the halls, maybe you are Sifu Young Punk new atas high SES HDB owner lah.

different from us, who pay bills at area office one last time

Edited by Throttle2

On 11/12/2019 at 8:30 PM, Ct3833 said:

One thing to add Bro.

i dont belong to the fellas who buy condos and private but live in HDBs just to make a teeny weeny bit of money lah becos  that in my opinion is so bloody lame.

Sorry if anyone gets offended.

It’s my own f**king opinion .

Anyone can always have theirs 

Cheerios!

Edited by Throttle2

1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

my SP water bill this month !!

Screenshot_20200724_230059.jpg

You pump water BACK into the pipes and reverse the meter huh?

:grin:

Pandan water?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3