NS Square to replace The Float @ Marina Bay

Yamapi

I am not sure but the way we do things are very kiasu. The Float is temp but built to last 100 years? Look at all the covered walkways now being built, the structures are like holding few hundreds tons. Those gantry and those LED signs structures,  even the strongest typhoon also can tahan. If pay own money, i think will consider properly 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

I am not sure but the way we do things are very kiasu. The Float is temp but built to last 100 years? Look at all the covered walkways now being built, the structures are like holding few hundreds tons. Those gantry and those LED signs structures,  even the strongest typhoon also can tahan. If pay own money, i think will consider properly 

They do things nobody can question them de. Lol.

12 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

go check contractor that build it

Yea i agree why tear down? Still looks ok to me. Stimulate GDP? Any reason to waste a few hundred millions?

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 1

6 hours ago, Scion said:

gosh, going to be demolished?

some good memories there... including a football match played on the float :D

Yea, played there back in 2009 as well.. amazing experience..

11 hours ago, Kyrios said:

Yea i agree why tear down? Still looks ok to me. Stimulate GDP? Any reason to waste a few hundred millions?

economy down turn, want to up transport fare, yet still want to spend millions of these type of money .

why dun save these costs and use them to cover for any rises in transport or energy charges.

On 9/10/2019 at 8:58 AM, Watwheels said:

Since our economy is not doing well and with the upcoming GE looming....give everyone a break and skip the ND celebrations. It's not a must do every year.

Or hold GE during ND? Hahahaha....🤣

Imo it's now like a show of military might with some that looks really wayang. Why waste manpower and resources for such a show? Do something more meaningful like hold an election. LoL...

ND is celebrated for the Singapore citizens to have something to look forward and celebrate together, something like a company D&D. It is not a must have, but it is good for team building and gather rapport. Of course like any company D&D, some people also think it is a waste of time and money, and do not stick to the theme. We cannot control all but it will be good for a majority of people. Same like in Singapore, most too busy for fighting for their survival in Singapore, and this is a chance for the govt to conclude what they have done so far and what are their future plans for Singapore Inc, same like the MD speech during D&D too. 

23 hours ago, Yewheng said:

National stadium to me is very under ultilised. Maybe they could lower down the rate for people who is looking for soccer field to play soccer leasurely. 

When price of renting to play soccer in national stadium is reasonable, maybe there will be people willing to pay for say 2 hours to go there play soccer. At least the stadium will be more ultilised. 

We cannot afford to pay for the big expenses to maintain the grass in National Stadium. After 2 hours of play maybe need more than $15000 to recover back? who can pay for that?

23 hours ago, Ash2017 said:

keep building and keep demolishing

so much money to spend meh

Float was built for temporarily hold NDP when the stadium was being rebuilt, so they make use of short term structure to construct.

"Na Li Zi Dao" after stadium built, stadium owner say want to charge higher for NDP, + in stadium cannot see fireworks, + military vehicles cannot go in + problems many many, and they have to shift back to this float for NDP.

Also, people also say float nicer place as can see nice view of city, + Army also say that is best place to hold ORD ceremony (but not sure why this time shift to Tampines?). So they have to rebuild the float as I think the materials cannot tahan anymore.

But at least this time they more clever did not make use of the "private sector help to build but give them few years to manage" model, which later the private sector kick them out again for NDP / ORD event.

↡ Advertisement