5 weeks' jail, 3-year driving ban for 2 men involved in illegal race in Lim Chu Kang

kobayashiGT

If they are smart they wont give such lame excuses like going to the toilet.

They should have instead said they are doubtful about the car maker's claim of the car max speed. They wanted to test the same cars so that they can sue the car maker.

↡ Advertisement

Those who are either from Sungei Gedong camp or Tengah Airbase will know every Saturday night/Sunday morning there will be races there with many spectators. It was like on going from my active days to my ict. Because that stretch of road only military personnel use, those who are alive. Other than that other users will be from the cemetery. By Saturday night most would have booked out, book in to do duty will be by 2359hrs. That stretch of road is basically empty after 12 midnight. No need passport, no need go thru custom, no need waste petrol, no need pay to use track, no need to sign what declaration...it's tempting for sure.

Those who have seen it before it's exactly like the scene from the shows F&F. But I doubt winning will get them the loser's car. It wont endanger our lives cos we are in armoured vehicles. Even if you dont see them you will hear their engines roar from miles away in the quiet night. Some crazies race even on weekdays' night. Maybe those rich ASK studying at NTU. It's far too common. 

• Praise 3

They lucky Sgp police dun practise mag dump.

Mr Judge sir we thought they terrorist trying to ram Amah center/Tengah so we soot and soot and soot , 2 second reload and soot somemore.

Sure no racing after.

Edited by Datsun366

On 9/12/2019 at 12:51 PM, Mockngbrd said:

nowadays for over 10 years liao. 

Like that, maybe lta could install average speed camera there. Then no need keep activate tp and save resources for better use. Coz average speed camera will do that job. 

56 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Like that, maybe lta could install average speed camera there. Then no need keep activate tp and save resources for better use. Coz average speed camera will do that job. 

Average speed camera ppl drag race also useless. All stop and uturn before 2nd camera. 

1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

great idea. I propose whole island avg speed camera.

oh, dun need cos gonna have island wide satellite ERP. Able to determine speed I guess

36 minutes ago, Othello said:

oh, dun need cos gonna have island wide satellite ERP. Able to determine speed I guess

I feel erp2.0 will not be used to such that to determine the driver driving speed. But I believe it can be used to locate cars that is wanted by TP or police. 

Example, this driver had not expired road tax for 3 months already. So lta will be able to determine and locate that car based on erp 2.0 and then sent tow truck to tow away the car to LTA compound until the driver pay the road tax. Or suspect on the run and licence plate is captured. Police can easily get the car location based on erp 2.0 and then catch and arrest the suspect. 

3 hours ago, Othello said:

heard sentosa whole island is avg speed cam. isit ?

• Praise 1

Sentosa brake until gek sim. Note very fast on sentosa roads.

Second gear niah. Only RR and bentley can go third gear.

In apc also can be hurt, after action report by SIB jin jialat.