Will Germany's car industry survive? | DW Documentary

inlinesix

9 hours ago, Watwheels said:

One thing ppl forget is that fossil fuel is going to run out soon. Some alternative will have to keep cars, planes, ships going. If the car makers dont start changing now...then when? I think most car makers have some electric plan backup on standby. In the mean time it's still ICE which will dominate.

Actually the demise of fossil fuels is overstated. There's easily enough to go another 100-150 years. It's just cost of extraction. 

And oil demand has already peaked or plateaued. Maybe natural gas usage will increase due to the switch from coal and nuclear. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

On 9/12/2019 at 9:19 PM, Lala81 said:

Actually the demise of fossil fuels is overstated. There's easily enough to go another 100-150 years. It's just cost of extraction. 

And oil demand has already peaked or plateaued. Maybe natural gas usage will increase due to the switch from coal and nuclear. 

I heard that fossil fuels will run out in 50 years time when I was in Primary 3. While I am still not 50 years old now, I reckon that we still have many more good years of fossil supplies, probably at least another 50 years, if 50 years mean 50 years. 🤩

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1