黄山

Hamburger

Been there end of march. Very nice place. Got front and back mountain. You have to plan your timing because quite a journey up. If you want to take cable car up during peak periods could take hours queuing up. 

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Justdaniel said:

Been there end of march. Very nice place. Got front and back mountain. You have to plan your timing because quite a journey up. If you want to take cable car up during peak periods could take hours queuing up. 

Thanks for the feedback.

Year end should see less crowd and contemplating to book those China online 3 days tour for convenient sake. 

37 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Thanks for the feedback.

Year end should see less crowd and contemplating to book those China online 3 days tour for convenient sake. 

yes I think having a local guide would be good, at least having someone to explain the history and culture instead of ownself walk around blindly. 

• Praise 2

49 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Thanks for the feedback.

don’t go for those tour groups.... waste time always bring you to those tourist gift shops to earn commissions 

just book airfare and accommodation and arrange airport transfer.  thereafter at the hotel, ask the concierge to arrange a local driver (not hotel car) to bring you to the various designated attractions you want to go to.  at the attractions, there would usually be local guides for hire or just listen in on the other groups’ guide....

and no i have not been to 黄山

🤣

• Praise 5

For China I usually like to take package tours to save myself the logistical hassle but I went on my own for 黄山. I have heard how package tour do 黄山 and I think it is quite bad as the experience is totally missing. A few comments:

- going by yourself is not cheaper as transport etc have to be arranged privately

- you might need to pre-arrange transport for the journey back from 黄山

- entrance fees are expensive

- accommodation on top of 黄山 is very expensive

- you don't really need a guide, plenty of guide books

- try to stay as long as possible as the weather may not cooperate. It was totally fog out during my first 2 days and I only saw the fantastic view on my third day.

- wake up early for the sunrise photography, there will be many photographers all waiting for the best spots waiting for 云海

- try to minimize your luggage and bring only absolute essential, the journey from cable-car station to hotel is a distance and you may need porters (expensive) if they are heavy

- the various treks around the peaks are quite long but it is your choice as to how much you want to trek 

IMG_1643.JPG

• Praise 8

1 hour ago, andrewyewkc said:

For China I usually like to take package tours to save myself the logistical hassle but I went on my own for 黄山. I have heard how package tour do 黄山 and I think it is quite bad as the experience is totally missing. A few comments:

- going by yourself is not cheaper as transport etc have to be arranged privately

- you might need to pre-arrange transport for the journey back from 黄山

- entrance fees are expensive

- accommodation on top of 黄山 is very expensive

- you don't really need a guide, plenty of guide books

- try to stay as long as possible as the weather may not cooperate. It was totally fog out during my first 2 days and I only saw the fantastic view on my third day.

- wake up early for the sunrise photography, there will be many photographers all waiting for the best spots waiting for 云海

- try to minimize your luggage and bring only absolute essential, the journey from cable-car station to hotel is a distance and you may need porters (expensive) if they are heavy

- the various treks around the peaks are quite long but it is your choice as to how much you want to trek 

IMG_1643.JPG

Thanks bro andrew, really appreciate your inputs here.

I contacted one agency there to take charge of my whole itinery including picking and dropping off at airport/train station.

3 days cost around US$600/pax for a group of two. Certainly not cheap

39 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Thanks bro andrew, really appreciate your inputs here.

I contacted one agency there to take charge of my whole itinery including picking and dropping off at airport/train station.

3 days cost around US$600/pax for a group of two. Certainly not cheap

i vaguely remember one night of hotel up there is already like $200-$300. Have a good trip!

Always quite scare on those popular china attraction especially when very crowded with local.

Especially those big group that announced their arrivals even before they get close.

some pics taken like 13 years ago.

I still think Huangshan is the most beautiful mountain I have seen. Provided the weather is good. First trip I did not see anything....

huang01.jpg

huang02.jpg

• Praise 9

The tour agency will only bring you to the foot of the mountain. The rest is up to you. You must plane whether to trek from front mountain to the back mountain or visit the back mountain. If you have problem walking long distance and trekking the mountain, I would suggest you only visit the back mountain where it is easily access by cable car. BTW there are a few cable car station and there are of different location. You need to decide where to go up and where to come down. How many nights are you going to stay in the mountain. 

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Justdaniel said:

The tour agency will only bring you to the foot of the mountain. The rest is up to you. You must plane whether to trek from front mountain to the back mountain or visit the back mountain. If you have problem walking long distance and trekking the mountain, I would suggest you only visit the back mountain where it is easily access by cable car. BTW there are a few cable car station and there are of different location. You need to decide where to go up and where to come down. How many nights are you going to stay in the mountain. 

1. Wow did not not it's so complicated with different cable car tower. Thanks for alerting. Basically I have no issue to walk, though not exactly gonna trek. My plan is to stay 3 days 2 nights at 黄山。

2. The local tour is too exorbitant for my liking. Most probably will take a train from 杭州 to 黄山 and ask the hotel if there is any hired drivers that I can hire . 

Bro, some pictures here from 2 years ago:

Huangshan

We went by the Southern entrance, and it was really crowded even early in the morning.  Make sure you allocate time to queue.

Don't miss the town itself - the famous old street has buildings preserved from hundreds of years ago, and walking down the street feels like walking into a wuxia set.

There's a stone plaque at the ticketing counter with a rough map.  You can view it here: 

ab1VNIu.jpg

Edited by Nostalgia
  • Praise 4

17 hours ago, Hamburger said:

1. Wow did not not it's so complicated with different cable car tower. Thanks for alerting. Basically I have no issue to walk, though not exactly gonna trek. My plan is to stay 3 days 2 nights at 黄山。

2. The local tour is too exorbitant for my liking. Most probably will take a train from 杭州 to 黄山 and ask the hotel if there is any hired drivers that I can hire . 

Only their specific buses are allow to go up the mountain. You have to go to designated  bus interchange and take the bus up the mountain.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Justdaniel said:

Only their specific buses are allow to go up the mountain. You have to go to designated  bus interchange and take the bus up the mountain.

Roger that. Air flight and all accommodation booked.

Left with only train tix as advance booking is not so early.

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Enye said:

wah....i wanna go to 峨眉山 to look for 周芷若 xmm.  will bring 屠龙刀.

🤣

she must be quite old now, you prefer old ah ma?  [laugh]

4 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Roger that. Air flight and all accommodation booked.

Left with only train tix as advance booking is not so early.

Use ctrip to book.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2