Hdb income ceiling revised 2019

Lala81

14 hours ago, Hydrocarbon said:

But with higher grants (and higher income ceilings) this would also mean that ECs can be sold at a higher price, which in turn, produces more profit for the developers. Well, not just ECs, but even the BTOs at GSW as unveiled by our PM recently.

So, prices go up, but, the government would also be able to say that they're helping the lower income by giving more grants. =X

our HDB Grant is never a Grant ........ its a loan :grin: 

• Praise 4

4 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

our HDB Grant is never a Grant ........ its a loan :grin: 

payback time will feel the pain ... lol

Edited by Wt_know

Just now, Wt_know said:

just like conti car overtrade

raise selling price ... give $20K OT

buyer feel sibei shiok ah!

buy with confidence ... lol

Not sure am I rite to say , if you sell ur house , u will need to pay back the GRANT with INT% ? 

• Praise 4

A grant is really a grant.

Although it is not a discount.

If get 80,000 grant, would have saved about 28,000 over 25 years at 2.6% interest rate. No loss with returning the 80,000 25 years later.

Grant need to pay interest or not, that one need to check. 

But even if need to pay back, still nothing lost as money becomes much smaller after 25 years.

Edited by Showster
Updates
  • Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Cloud9 said:

In the first place, New BTO is not cheap de

thats true ..... Cost should have come down with improved and faster constructions methods  . 

and yet BTO price keeps climbing .  

• Praise 4

8 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

thats true ..... Cost should have come down with improved and faster constructions methods  . 

ah gong will tell you new bto all stylo mylo leh

got open kitchen la ... toilet and bath looks like condo la ... flooring swee swee ... window big big ...  just bring in luggage can liao

can save reno $$$ liao ... lol

Edited by Wt_know

57 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

Manpower cost only went up. Sand cost went up. New construction method much more technology intensive and costly. Land also went up.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

got open kitchen la ... toilet and bath looks like condo la ... flooring swee swee ... window big big ...  just bring in luggage can liao

Still have those built earlier with separate kitchen.

• Praise 1

Grant increase, later bto flat price also increase. Like that back to square one. In fact those buying bto and or resale flat maybe at worst of as compared to previously if demand suddenly shoot up. And then take grant like no take grant as previously like that. 

3 hours ago, Angcheek said:

Not sure am I rite to say , if you sell ur house , u will need to pay back the GRANT with INT% ? 

Yes, in the form of CPF grant, so in fact you will be taking out the money from your CPF which would have earned interest if left inside. So upon sale, put back the grant  + interest to your CPF account. still your money. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

Tell Ah Gong, NB.

My year 1999 build HDB is NOT BTO.

I also got open kitchen, balinese style toilet, flooring swee swee and big window.

2 hours ago, Showster said:

A grant is really a grant.

Although it is not a discount.

If get 80,000 grant, would have saved about 28,000 over 25 years at 2.6% interest rate. No loss with returning the 80,000 25 years later.

Grant need to pay interest or not, that one need to check. 

But even if need to pay back, still nothing lost as money becomes much smaller after 25 years.

Do partial redemption as and when finance allowed.

The saving is quite a lot especially 1st 5 years.

all the radio and tv sexperts welcome the news and all shout huat until siao ar!

those new buyers earning $12K-$14K now can buy new bto ... spur new bto sales

those buy resale got higher grant .... spur resale flat sales

those sold resale flat make more money .... can buy private condo .... cheong ar

those sell private condo make money can buy landed or bigger unit 

everyone huat ... everyone happy .... xmas come early!

wansui wansui wan wan sui ..... :a-panic:

Edited by Wt_know

11 hours ago, Davidtch said:

Do partial redemption as and when finance allowed.

The saving is quite a lot especially 1st 5 years.

Dunno anyone kenah this.... Last time I went to the area office and told them to use my cpf to pay off the balance of my housing loan ... About $5k only. 

I had more than than in my cpf.... But the staff at the counter told me I have to pay partial with cash instead if I wanted a full redemption! 

So I just told her to forget it and then continue to deduct from my cpf.

A relative of mine is not too affected. Too little still.😅

When he wanted to buy a brand new HDB unit, he dun qualify for any grants and cannot take HDB loan, can only loan from external banks. His income ceiling too high. 

2 options for him. Go buy HDB resale with external bank loan or buy PC. He bought PC not because he atas or rich but there was a period when HDB owners think got gold/diamond mines and even an oil field in their units.

He said some units with original condition from day one but asking $30k cov. Some abit more reno but done 3-5 years ago were asking min $50k cov. Yet some asking $80k - $120k cov because got a tiny pocket sea view that one needs a binocular to see clearly. Those with nice sea view or unblocked views can be $100k cov onwards.

If he had bought any of these he foresee having to fork out another $20k minimum for renovations. Some units will need $40-60k for flooring hacking, kitchen revamp, windows renewals or change, electrical wiring renew, toilet bowls changed etc. 

So buying a brand new PC was a more prudent way for him as he can use his CPF and minimal cash upfront. Currently monthly loan instalments is thru CPF. Zero cash needed to service the loan.

That's his views. He's happy in his current home. No intention to sell or jump to a HDB for now.

Maybe when prices goes up much higher like some bros are predicting then he will sell for a good profit n downgrade for retirement. Practical fellow. Live within his means and eyes no green.

Hehe...i just glad we are able to have a roof over our heads. Asians tend to prefer ownership of our houses then the angmos who are ok with renting apartments very long term.

Just yada-ing and sharing. Hopefully more ppl are able to benefit from latest changes.

Safe ride

Cheers

Edited by PSP415
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1