Hdb income ceiling revised 2019

Lala81

47 minutes ago, 13177 said:

HDB dun have the atas status even it is comfortable to live in lo. This is why many people eventually target is to move from HDB to EC or PC. 😂

got people live atas, go home jiak roti  😂

got people live hdb, go home jiak ntuc wagyu ... 
Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

must check with mcf guru showster ...

hearsay young graduates come out work no $5K no talk liao

work 2-3 years $8k already ($16k for 2)

below 35 smelly smelly $20k/mth liao

hearsay only hor [laugh] 

now everyone salary so high ... EC sup sup water la ...  property price must also goes up ma ... fair right?????

you dont buy now ... tens and hundreds of thousands people all want to come to spore hor ... dont play play

The direction is correct but you exaggerated all my figures leh. Basically we have been disqualifying and building up demand year after year.

A colleague and another friend aiming for third property (paid 7% ABSD for second) both still hoping for ABSD to be lowered or removed. 

Both of them almost have full cash to pay off a whole unit!

I wonder why they cannot see how many people aiming for second property. How to let so many get third one???

Edited by Showster
Update
  • Praise 1

must check with mcf guru showster ...

hearsay young graduates come out work no $5K no talk liao

work 2-3 years $8k already ($16k for 2)

below 35 smelly smelly $20k/mth liao

hearsay only hor [laugh] 

now everyone salary so high ... EC sup sup water la ...  property price must also goes up ma ... fair right?????

you dont buy now ... tens and hundreds of thousands people all want to come to spore hor ... dont play play

Only in g0v jobs i think .... bec i believe many mmc already found sg is way too expensive 

• Praise 5

9 hours ago, awhtc said:

HDB is actually very comfortable to live in.  ECs and PCs are over-hyped.

HDB should review the income cap to buy BTO and simply levy a premium on those who exceeds the cap.

This move looks to me to prop up resale HDB price. If want to help first timers, should lower BTO price & like you say, those whose income exceed ceiling pay a premium.

From a balance sheet perspective, this move though will increase asset value and matched by an increase in liability. If you lower selling price, asset values will come down. And will not be politically popular since many own their HDB.

GDP becomes higher. Good if your KPI includes GDP.

But for those whose only asset is a HDB, you need a roof over your head and whether it’s value goes up or down, you can’t really profit from it. 

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Showster said:

The direction is correct but you exaggerated all my figures leh. Basically we have been disqualifying and building up demand year after year.

A colleague and another friend aiming for third property (paid 7% ABSD for second) both still hoping for ABSD to be lowered or removed. 

Both of them almost have full cash to pay off a whole unit!

I wonder why they cannot see how many people aiming for second property. How to let so many get third one???

no lah ... where got exaggerated.

your colleague and friend, can anyhow full cash $1.25M (sexgent said this is the value for mass market condo price hor),

judging your friend sure is very financial prudence people means he or she has 3x of $1.25M cash 

no idiot will use whole life saving of $1.25M to full cash $1.25M property right ... 

since already aiming for 3rd property, with 2 properties on hand and $3.75M in bank .... sure huat ah!

all smelly smelly can whack 3 properties hor (now no whack waiting for absd to be lowered teeny weeny bit) ...

showster and friends ... more or less can makan 1/4 of singapore property inventory liao ... don't play play [laugh] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

9 hours ago, Wt_know said:

got people live atas, go home jiak roti  😂

got people live hdb, go home jiak ntuc wagyu ... 

Face value is important for some people, people see you stay in atas private but they cannot see you jiak roti at home lo. Lol.

no lah ... where got exaggerated.

your colleague and friend, can anyhow full cash $1.25M (sexgent said this is the value for mass market condo price hor),

judging your friend sure is very financial prudence people means he or she has 3x of $1.25M cash 

no idiot will use whole life saving of $1.25M to full cash $1.25M property right ... 

since already aiming for 3rd property, with 2 properties on hand and $3.75M in bank .... sure huat ah!

all smelly smelly can whack 3 properties hor (now no whack waiting for absd to be lowered teeny weeny bit) ...

showster and friends ... more or less can makan 1/4 of singapore property inventory liao ... don't play play [laugh] 

Only these two friends. Not everyone can be as prudent as them.

No kids (until very late in life) for one. The other one doesn’t even have kids. No cars also - most of us can’t.

And they have been very astute investors with equity, and started off with HDB.

But both had to pay ABSD (7%) because they hesitated in transfer of HDB when I told them to do it quickly.

They used loan even though they have to liquidity to pay off second property. The reason, I don’t need to explain here. They have the liquidity to cheong for third but are waiting to see if ABSD can be removed for some unbelievable reason.

Last, the third is an investment unit so it can be an undersized unit that they can pay up for. 700K cash is no problem for our sifus here.

Edited by Showster
Update
  • Praise 1

On 9/11/2019 at 8:23 AM, Wt_know said:

1. ah gong raise the income ceiling is good, proves they listen to public feedback. many already complain cannot afford to bring family go atas restaurant jiak garlic bread, pasta and fish&chip but there are many good food in hawker. they shut the door and do not allow people (above $12K) go there makan

2. now with higher income family come into hawker, it makes hawker food looks affordable

3. subsequently, some hawker will also raise their price with higher affordability now [sly] .... huat ah!

my question:

why set an upper limit since 80% of sporean live in hdb?

setting an upper limit is to punish people to save money and live frugally?

are we in a situation that bto is way under supply? the over-subscription news is always for the "hot area" bto project which is perceived as "lottery" bto

the argument is scare "rich" people buy bto and flip to make profit

that's the wrong policy that treating bto as a commodity to flip like share  .... need to fix this policy and not "eligibility" of true buyers who want to buy and live in hdb

rich people already flipping bto and ec by sponsoring their kids ... so what say you?

You are so right........I have been punished for years.  

They dont let me buy new HDB near my parents and claim grants 

😪

But in the end, many people still flipping BTO and taking our very hard earned tax.

11 hours ago, Khng8 said:

This move looks to me to prop up resale HDB price. If want to help first timers, should lower BTO price & like you say, those whose income exceed ceiling pay a premium.

From a balance sheet perspective, this move though will increase asset value and matched by an increase in liability. If you lower selling price, asset values will come down. And will not be politically popular since many own their HDB.

GDP becomes higher. Good if your KPI includes GDP.

But for those whose only asset is a HDB, you need a roof over your head and whether it’s value goes up or down, you can’t really profit from it. 

they trying to keep Revenue high up to show property is growing . 

• Praise 3

6 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

they trying to keep Revenue high up to show property is growing . 

one of the critical indicators of “success” is property price ... huat ah!

if property price is depressing ... really jit dong jeng ... not good for votes

16 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

ya ... the only thing Raw material we have  for sales.  😂

basically property price is the "Assets" ..... if this drop , IMF cut funds . :XD:

• Praise 3

On 9/13/2019 at 7:10 PM, Wt_know said:

Yes. Market is picking up again and everyone is buying 2nd and 3rd properties. Wahaha..

Govt needs to release more land to cope with the strong demand. Huat Ah! 

On 9/13/2019 at 9:26 AM, Showster said:

Only these two friends. Not everyone can be as prudent as them.

No kids (until very late in life) for one. The other one doesn’t even have kids. No cars also - most of us can’t.

And they have been very astute investors with equity, and started off with HDB.

But both had to pay ABSD (7%) because they hesitated in transfer of HDB when I told them to do it quickly.

They used loan even though they have to liquidity to pay off second property. The reason, I don’t need to explain here. They have the liquidity to cheong for third but are waiting to see if ABSD can be removed for some unbelievable reason.

Last, the third is an investment unit so it can be an undersized unit that they can pay up for. 700K cash is no problem for our sifus here.

life is also about living. prudent and saving for investment properties at the expense of other parts of living is not life.  i think i mentioned a true case of my MIL neighbor who never owned a car,  only pack lunch to work, hardly ever take taxi. when both the old folks died all the money and property went to the adopted daughter. who then bought out the other next door neighbor and extended the house. never heard of the husband and wife working now.

2 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

life is also about living. prudent and saving for investment properties at the expense of other parts of living is not life.  i think i mentioned a true case of my MIL neighbor who never owned a car,  only pack lunch to work, hardly ever take taxi. when both the old folks died all the money and property went to the adopted daughter. who then bought out the other next door neighbor and extended the house. never heard of the husband and wife working now.

I am not advocating anyone’s lifestyle. I prefer to be more balanced as well. But just highlighting what some people are capable of. They are the ones who can still play the game and the reserve financial power even if there is a slight pullback in property prices is tremendous.

Ultimately, the meaning of life and how to live a balanced one is decided by oneself.

• Praise 1