Euro 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

Cr7 become euro championship greatest scorer after his brace yesterday. 

He left real like 3-4years already? And still performing at this level 

dun  know if real regret letting him go.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Just now, Beregond said:

u got this right.

but france fail to score.

i hope giroud can start next game, after his contribution to france for the pass wc etc, so unfair to drop him for benzema who was just recall...

They won against a strong German team in Munich so I doubt if Deschamps will change the team much. His first X1 is pretty settled. The beauty of this French team is that their bench is so strong that the likes of Giroud, Dembele, Coman, Tolisso etc cant even get in. The work rate of Griezmann was also very impressive as he worked tirelessly tracking back.

The highlight of this match was how Mbappe ran past Hummels as if he was not there but equally impressive was how Hummels retrieved the situation  with a last ditch tackle, a World Class defender but sadly on his way down but still able to read the game well with good positioning.

Realise that a lot of the top teams still use aged defenders. Pepe still Portugal CB, Hummels with Germany n as already mentioned, Belgium n Italy using multiple oldies.

• Praise 6

6 minutes ago, Spring said:

They won against a strong German team in Munich so I doubt if Deschamps will change the team much. His first X1 is pretty settled. The beauty of this French team is that their bench is so strong that the likes of Giroud, Dembele, Coman, Tolisso etc cant even get in. The work rate of Griezmann was also very impressive as he worked tirelessly tracking back.

The highlight of this match was how Mbappe ran past Hummels as if he was not there but equally impressive was how Hummels retrieved the situation  with a last ditch tackle, a World Class defender but sadly on his way down but still able to read the game well with good positioning.

Realise that a lot of the top teams still use aged defenders. Pepe still Portugal CB, Hummels with Germany n as already mentioned, Belgium n Italy using multiple oldies.

Look at how well pogba play for France.  But he cannot do the same for man u.

Ole need to see how to use pogba the best way.

Recent years there is no new wc centre back to speak of. U look at how chelsea still relying so much on silva can guess the level of centre back available.

See how much man u pay for maguire.  Lol. Not say he is bad.  I say he worth 40-50m at most.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

23 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Look at how well pogba play for France.  But he cannot do the same for man u.

Ole need to see how to use pogba the best way.

Pogba is the main attacking MF for France and with the very capable Kante covering him n the workhorse all rounder Rabiot completing the MF, he is in a setup built round him. It helps also that Griezmann falls back into MF to help out as well.

At OT, Pogba has to share the MF with Bruno so in my opinion, he is not utilised to his strengths. Also, he is egoistic n enjoys being the main man so sharing the limelight dampens him. This just my opinion only. Sometimes having too many good players can also be an issue.

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

Recent years there is no new wc centre back to speak of. U look at how chelsea still relying so much on silva can guess the level of centre back available

See how much man u pay for maguire.  Lol. Not say he is bad.  I say he worth 40-50m at most.

I like the look of the German CB Ginter of Moenchengladbach, feel he is solid and calm. Maybe he is abit on the short side but otherwise dependable.

**just saw his stats that he is 1.89m so not that short but alongside Hummels n Rudiger, he looks shorter

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

I tink my phone is trying to imply he's not short but very long as well...😁

ya sometime i suft on my phone, it look kisiao also🤣

• Haha! 2

So far i've been watching the 9 pm and 12 midnight matches only, so haven't watched the likes of France, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, etc., whom i hope are stronger and better than most of those i saw. Among those i watched, only Belgium, Italy, England have some signs of going far. 

Somehow i feel that many teams are playing without much urgency, and that strangely, looks to be of lower standard than most EPL matches i'm used to seeing. 😂 

Ever so often, there's sloppiness in the play from both teams. Was telling my son - who is taking the opportunity of the sch hols to watch too - that on a good day, the likes of City, Pool, Chelsea, etc., could easily trash most of the teams at Euros. 🤣

Ronaldo was quiet for 85 min, then when opponent morale low already, he hit them when they're down, and slipped another 2 goals under his belt... 😄

Former teammate Bale, for most part of the match, could see why the RM fans have been so frustrated with him, cos he was very average, but at certain junctures, could cajole up a few excellent passes to teammates... The last few mins' corners were classic, when he within 2 min, easily ran past the Turkish defenders at the bye lines... which all suggests that he's very casual in his play, and not putting in 100%... Ramsey, the other notable name in the Wales team, still has the knack of running into fantastic position from deep, but only scored once...

Oh, the Hungarian stadium was full-house. They not scared of Covid meh?

Another observation: Finland seems to be the jinx team. 2nd match running, got player badly injured in match they are playing... at this rate, i think nobody would want to face them anymore, ha ha.... 😅

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Former teammate Bale, for most part of the match, could see why the RM fans have been so frustrated with him, cos he was very average,

bales is no longer the bale that won real their UCL. he lost the pace and ability to run pass players easily like last time already . 

but his left leg technique , vision and ability to feed team mate still top class.

cr 7 performance is why many juv fans blame him on juv poor performance this season, although i blame pirlo as much. i like cr7, but i give him at most 1 more season at top flight. some time he can go missing for long period in the game.

• Praise 2

6 minutes ago, Beregond said:

bales is no longer the bale that won real their UCL. he lost the pace and ability to run pass players easily like last time already . 

but his left leg technique , vision and ability to feed team mate still top class.

cr 7 performance is why many juv fans blame him on juv poor performance this season, although i blame pirlo as much. i like cr7, but i give him at most 1 more season at top flight. some time he can go missing for long period in the game.

and how much is Bale still earning? or how much he will demand should he switch club? Really makes some of the other better/younger/more hardworking players buay song if they compare...

same for CR7.

actually, also tough for some of these ageing players, who still have some juice in their tanks, but cannot - or is it not willing to - tahan running up and down and playing at 100% throughout every match. Honestly, they do have instances where they can still do some magic that most other players can't, but they simply are taking up one player's position when they are not performing/contributing 70-80% of the matches... So they will feel that they are still better than most other players, which is true for maybe 10-15 min in a match, and so they still deserve to start and get star treatment...

• Praise 1

35 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

So far i've been watching the 9 pm and 12 midnight matches only, so haven't watched the likes of France, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, etc., whom i hope are stronger and better than most of those i saw. Among those i watched, only Belgium, Italy, England have some signs of going far. 

Somehow i feel that many teams are playing without much urgency, and that strangely, looks to be of lower standard than most EPL matches i'm used to seeing. 😂 

Ever so often, there's sloppiness in the play from both teams. Was telling my son - who is taking the opportunity of the sch hols to watch too - that on a good day, the likes of City, Pool, Chelsea, etc., could easily trash most of the teams at Euros. 🤣

Ronaldo was quiet for 85 min, then when opponent morale low already, he hit them when they're down, and slipped another 2 goals under his belt... 😄

Former teammate Bale, for most part of the match, could see why the RM fans have been so frustrated with him, cos he was very average, but at certain junctures, could cajole up a few excellent passes to teammates... The last few mins' corners were classic, when he within 2 min, easily ran past the Turkish defenders at the bye lines... which all suggests that he's very casual in his play, and not putting in 100%... Ramsey, the other notable name in the Wales team, still has the knack of running into fantastic position from deep, but only scored once...

Another observation: Finland seems to be the jinx team. 2nd match running, got player badly injured in match they are playing... at this rate, i think nobody would want to face them anymore, ha ha.... 😅

Belgium better win the next game and field all reserves for the last...😅

• Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

and how much is Bale still earning? or how much he will demand should he switch club? Really makes some of the other better/younger/more hardworking players buay song if they compare...

same for CR7.

actually, also tough for some of these ageing players, who still have some juice in their tanks, but cannot - or is it not willing to - tahan running up and down and playing at 100% throughout every match. Honestly, they do have instances where they can still do some magic that most other players can't, but they simply are taking up one player's position when they are not performing/contributing 70-80% of the matches... So they will feel that they are still better than most other players, which is true for maybe 10-15 min in a match, and so they still deserve to start and get star treatment...

bale is getting 600k /week

but he is only 31. i feel his performance drop cos of inactiveness for the pass 2 years. 

cr7 really can retire in seria A or go france, EPL he cannot come back already 

• Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

The teams are pacing themselves for a 7 game tournament if they go all the way n it’s spread over a month so averaging a game every 4 days. Coming after a long, hard season with their clubs, it’s not surprising the teams starting slowly. 

The impressive teams so far in my opinion are Italy, Belgium, France n Holland. Portugal n England show some glimpses of strength. Spain keeps possession well but they cant finish. Germany I reserve comment cos they lacked a DM in their match v France as Kimmich played RWB to counter that pace of Mbappe, think he will revert to DM to give the Germans better balance. I’m looking forward to their next match v Portugal on Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Wales are a much better team than Scotland who plays long, high balls and are not composed. Bale n Ramsey are the experienced heads guiding the Welsh. Think they are almost certain to qualify for the last 16 after last night’s win over Turkey👍

• Praise 5

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Beregond said:

bale is getting 600k /week

but he is only 31. i feel his performance drop cos of inactiveness for the pass 2 years. 

cr7 really can retire in seria A or go france, EPL he cannot come back already 

CR7 can always go to inter miami with Lionel Messi. :grin:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

CR7 can always go to inter miami with Lionel Messi. :grin:

hard to say . given his combactive character, maybe he will go back portugal and try to score a few more UCL goals. set record etc

he not the type that want to lepak. 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
3 hours ago, Beregond said:

hard to say . given his combactive character, maybe he will go back portugal and try to score a few more UCL goals. set record etc

he not the type that want to lepak. 😂

Aiyo, then we never get to see him play alongside with Messi liao. 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2