Euro 2020

Maxus-MIFA9

On 6/16/2021 at 1:05 PM, Spring said:

Pogba is the main attacking MF for France and with the very capable Kante covering him n the workhorse all rounder Rabiot completing the MF, he is in a setup built round him. It helps also that Griezmann falls back into MF to help out as well.

At OT, Pogba has to share the MF with Bruno so in my opinion, he is not utilised to his strengths. Also, he is egoistic n enjoys being the main man so sharing the limelight dampens him. This just my opinion only. Sometimes having too many good players can also be an issue.

That's why Pogba can and should be released, for Bruno to do his thing. Same reason for VDB as well. Mountain can only have one tiger, a tried and tested one at that!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On ‎16‎/‎6‎/‎2021 at 12:44 PM, Spring said:

They won against a strong German team in Munich so I doubt if Deschamps will change the team much. His first X1 is pretty settled. The beauty of this French team is that their bench is so strong that the likes of Giroud, Dembele, Coman, Tolisso etc cant even get in. The work rate of Griezmann was also very impressive as he worked tirelessly tracking back.

The highlight of this match was how Mbappe ran past Hummels as if he was not there but equally impressive was how Hummels retrieved the situation  with a last ditch tackle, a World Class defender but sadly on his way down but still able to read the game well with good positioning.

Realise that a lot of the top teams still use aged defenders. Pepe still Portugal CB, Hummels with Germany n as already mentioned, Belgium n Italy using multiple oldies.

Aged defenders are more reliable .... :a-m1212:

See our Singapore defenders, young and kenna 12 kosong in last 3 games ... :secret-laugh:

• Haha! 2

38 minutes ago, Beregond said:

lousy england, kane barely touch the ball🤮

Without TAA crossing, Kane is just a headless chicken. :grin:

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Without TAA crossing, Kane is just a headless chicken. :grin:

ya. i also feel taa delivery into the box is better then james. watch james countless time in chelsea game, he dun assist much... maybe because chelsea striker simply cannot score also....

but taa very prone to defensive lasp. u see how kasi southgate play. 4 defender plus 2 DM. he wont take risk with taa 1. 

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Beregond said:

ya. i also feel taa delivery into the box is better then james. watch james countless time in chelsea game, he dun assist much... maybe because chelsea striker simply cannot score also....

but taa very prone to defensive lasp. u see how kasi southgate play. 4 defender plus 2 DM. he wont take risk with taa 1. 

Actually I don't rank Southgate among the best in of Euro.... :ph34r:

I doubt he can even manage a Premier League top 8 teams. :secret-laugh:

• Praise 3

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Actually I don't rank Southgate among the best in of Euro.... :ph34r:

I doubt he can even manage a Premier League top 8 teams. :secret-laugh:

exactly. 4231 is a super outdated formation , super defensive , love by JM,  see JM now, he refuse to change can only go roma.

but dun want talk too early first, who know if england break their pen jinx and scrape all the way to final. they haven concede a single goal yet. 🤣

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Beregond said:

exactly. 4231 is a super outdated formation , super defensive , love by JM,  see JM now, he refuse to change can only go roma.

but dun want talk too early first, who know if england break their pen jinx and scrape all the way to final. they haven concede a single goal yet. 🤣

Deschamps played that to the strength of his squad though.

SG had to make do with only 1 speedy chicken...a headless one...

yes, I agreed he better rethink his formation...2 games liao and they showed his strategy won't go far...unless he's banking on a draw with CR then hold games in KO rounds till shootout...lose also can say they have tried their best...kiasu kiasi maybe can somewhat secure his job...😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Beregond said:

lousy england, kane barely touch the ball🤮

Ploy to lower his transfer value. Lol.

Or simply he cant play outside of spurs. Only spurs plays to his strength. Lol

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Spurman said:

Ploy to lower his transfer value. Lol.

Or simply he cant play outside of spurs. Only spurs plays to his strength. Lol

He looks exhausted. Or he may be going downhill physically, he was never the fastest of players. Cannot outrun defenders, and not getting any service, so he does more running back into midfield to get the ball than running into the box. 

Sterling gets into good positions, but his touch and shooting sucks, and he never passes. So it's pointless getting the ball to him. 

Dysfunctional attack

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

9 hours ago, Beregond said:

Wales outclass by Italy 😁

Not really lah, if Bale had finished a good chance; it would hv been a draw n not forgetting Wales had only 10 men due to a ridiculous red card! That said, this was almost a second string Italian team bar Jorginho, Donnarumma, Bonucci and Veratti. By the way, as I posted few times; I’m no fan of Jorginho but I can see his importance esp in this Italian team. He is a link man but I still feel he recycles the ball too much ie just to keep play moving but I guess this has its importance as well. I prefer the Fabregas, Pirlo kind of playmakers who always hv a killer pass in their locker.

Wales are much better than Scotland as they hv more technically good players. Scots play with heart and compassion which I give them full marks but this brings u so far only.

I think Switzerland with 4 pts shld make it thru as 1 of the 4 best 3rd place teams. Turkey go home after only 10 days in the tournament to become the first team k/out. In fairness to them, they hv the youngest squad in the tournament.

• Praise 5

England being criticised by many for their play vs Scotland. Don’t forget they hv 4 pts so qualification is well in their hands. They have 2 clean sheets but the problem has been lack of goals for all their reputed strength in attack. I had defended Kane for lack of service v Croatia but I must admit he looks lethargic, slow n tired v Scotland. There hv been calls to drop him but Southgate has come out to confirm he will play v Czech tmr.

The winners of the tournament normally start slow and build up as the competition progresses, seldom does a team that starts well; ends as winners so we shall see.

• Praise 4

1 minute ago, Spring said:

Not really lah, if Bale had finished a good chance; it would hv been a draw n not forgetting Wales had only 10 men due to a ridiculous red card! That said, this was almost a second string Italian team bar Jorginho, Donnarumma, Bonucci and Veratti. By the way, as I posted few times; I’m no fan of Jorginho but I can see his importance esp in this Italian team. He is a link man but I still feel he recycles the ball too much ie just to keep play moving but I guess this has its importance as well. I prefer the Fabregas, Pirlo kind of playmakers who always hv a killer pass in their locker.

Wales are much better than Scotland as they hv more technically good players. Scots play with heart and compassion which I give them full marks but this brings u so far only.

I think Switzerland with 4 pts shld make it thru as 1 of the 4 best 3rd place teams. Turkey go home after only 10 days in the tournament to become the first team k/out. In fairness to them, they hv the youngest squad in the tournament.

i go to sleep after the red card.

i tink euro ref follow the rules and guideline very strict. they not as lenient as epl. i heard the commentator mention a stamp on the ankle is a red.( i also feel its a yellow)

maybe i bias , but i feel first 60 min, almost all italy. , they miss so many  chances😅

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, Beregond said:

i go to sleep after the red card.

i tink euro ref follow the rules and guideline very strict. they not as lenient as epl. i heard the commentator mention a stamp on the ankle is a red.( i also feel its a yellow)

maybe i bias , but i feel first 60 min, almost all italy. , they miss so many  chances😅

Mistimed tackle so strong yellow for sure. I don’t think he meant to stamp him but then again intention is nvr in the equation for showing a card as per the rules. There are a lot of stepping of feet etc during this Euros, almost all were result of being late ie arriving split second after the opponent had kicked the ball. This is part n parcel of contact sport, red card shld only be shown if reckless or endangering the safety of the opponent. I didn’t see it in Ampadu’s tackle.

• Praise 4

1 minute ago, Spring said:

Mistimed tackle so strong yellow for sure. I don’t think he meant to stamp him but then again intention is nvr in the equation for showing a card as per the rules. There are a lot of stepping of feet etc during this Euros, almost all were result of being late ie arriving split second after the opponent had kicked the ball. This is part n parcel of contact sport, red card shld only be shown if reckless or endangering the safety of the opponent. I didn’t see it in Ampadu’s tackle.

i think the ref judge it as a serious inj tackle, ampadu pull out last min, the contact is  min force only. if full force, the ankle could break. thats why the red. u see the player can carry on the game, show ampadu pull out last min. but as alway the 1 kenna tackle will act like kenna shot by a shot gun.

there is a var check on the red card, it stand, mean all the euro ref must have been given the same strict guideline

i think from this incident , players esp from epl really need to be very careful.

not only euro 2020. all the europe cups game, the ref is alway much stricter then  EPL ref. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

i think the ref judge it as a serious inj tackle, ampadu pull out last min, the contact is  min force only. if full force, the ankle could break. thats why the red. u see the player can carry on the game, show ampadu pull out last min. but as alway the 1 kenna tackle will act like kenna shot by a shot gun.

there is a var check on the red card, it stand, mean all the euro ref must have been given the same strict guideline

i think from this incident , players esp from epl really need to be very careful.

not only euro 2020. all the europe cups game, the ref is alway much stricter then  EPL ref. 

VAR don’t interfere on subjective decisions which was the case here. 

To clarify, VAR intervenes only on clear and obvious errors. This red card was a subjective decision made by the ref and therefore doesn’t qualify under clear and obvious error hence it cant be overturned. The rule of the thumb is that VAR is not allowed to re-referee the game, it is only used to correct mistakes by refs ie oversights, missed fouls etc.

So for this case, VAR not intervening doesn’t mean that the ref got it right. It just means he didnt make a clear error eg if Ampadu didn’t touch the player n the opponent went down n ref showed red card, this can be overturned as the ref was conned into the red card ie clear n obvious error.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5