Euro 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

watching Wales - and Bale - play, reinforced my impression that Bale is not pulling his weight. Can see he was very carefree at times, and certainly not putting in 100%. Italy always had control of the match, and could have upped their game if need be. Wales is lucky to qualify. They were lucky against Switzerland, and managed to restrict a relaxed Italy team to just one goal, so could go in.

for scotland, agree that that talent is in short supply, and they were playing with guts most of the time. You know it, when Robbo looks to be the best/better player in the team. How he must miss Mane, when on the rare occasions he had the openings to whip in a good cross, it is never met by any teammates in good positions. 😅

england simply doesn't want to do well consistently. they are never used to that. Must scold them terok terok then can one... 

France was struggling to score after falling behind. Their attack got so much talent, but somehow just not able to click.

and oh, portugal vs germany really surprised me, with the big scoreline. Really changed my impression of the boring "Soccer Made in Germany" days...

Spain i think can close shop liao. 

Still haven't watched Netherlands played...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

24 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

watching Wales - and Bale - play, reinforced my impression that Bale is not pulling his weight. Can see he was very carefree at times, and certainly not putting in 100%. 

exacly. the best word to describe i think he very lepak .

but can see when he put in effort, his standard and class still there. maybe he lost his passion for the game...

the top 2 team to beat would be germany and france, this 2 team impress me the most. despite france draw last game. i still insists france should start with giroud. 

( actually i hope france would be KOed early ) 😆

• Haha! 2

The Germans played well to capitalise the weak Portuguese right side...despite got caught out on the quick counter in the early stage...

Tough group but I think all 3 strong teams will progress...with Portugal the least likely to go very far...

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

The Germans played well to capitalise the weak Portuguese right side...despite got caught out on the quick counter in the early stage...

Tough group but I think all 3 strong teams will progress...with Portugal the least likely to go very far...

the portugese right back is almost non existence loh that game. 

havertz show that game why he is worth that money. i feel muller dun do much, they will do better to start with turbo timo 😁

• Praise 3

8 hours ago, Beregond said:

i go to sleep after the red card.

i tink euro ref follow the rules and guideline very strict. they not as lenient as epl. i heard the commentator mention a stamp on the ankle is a red.( i also feel its a yellow)

maybe i bias , but i feel first 60 min, almost all italy. , they miss so many  chances😅

Just saw a you tube comment on the Ampadu red card n looks like u r right that Euro refs hv been told to clamp down hard on stamping but I still don’t feel this was a stamp per se but rather a mistimed tackle but the ref decision is final so red card it is. Just hope that the refs are consistent to apply this rule even to the bigger teams n players!

• Praise 5

Supercharged

Somehow i din manage to catch any live games so far. Hee. Bar an england vs croatia 1st half nia. And a wales 1st half as well against err. Sharks forgot. I tink swiss.

Tink after 40yrs old leow. Need sleep. Hehe. And somehow most matches r kinda weird. Or i should say this euro hor too many teams involved leow.

Maybe covid pms in play for me. Hehe. Seems kinda moodless to watch soccer. Hee.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

13 minutes ago, Spurman said:

Somehow i din manage to catch any live games so far. Hee. Bar an england vs croatia 1st half nia. And a wales 1st half as well against err. Sharks forgot. I tink swiss.

Tink after 40yrs old leow. Need sleep. Hehe. And somehow most matches r kinda weird. Or i should say this euro hor too many teams involved leow.

Maybe covid pms in play for me. Hehe. Seems kinda moodless to watch soccer. Hee.

Are you on happy pill? 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Bruno Fernandes playing in the shadow of CR7 for Portugal hence can’t seem to shine unlike when he plays for Man United. Sounds exactly like the situation with Pogba but this time inverse ie Pogba plays well for France unlike when he plays for United……

https://global.espn.com/football/uefa-european-championship/story/4414996/portugals-euro-2020-hopes-hindered-by-bruno-fernandes-playing-in-cristiano-ronaldos-shadow

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, Spring said:

Just saw a you tube comment on the Ampadu red card n looks like u r right that Euro refs hv been told to clamp down hard on stamping but I still don’t feel this was a stamp per se but rather a mistimed tackle but the ref decision is final so red card it is. Just hope that the refs are consistent to apply this rule even to the bigger teams n players!

ya. even i was quite surprise by it.

like u say if they want this way, they must be consistent with it.

cannot be now wales got a scare. next game they hold back on their tackles. but kenna wack left right centre by the opposite team , but because its a different def, they got away with it.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

ya. even i was quite surprise by it.

like u say if they want this way, they must be consistent with it.

cannot be now wales got a scare. next game they hold back on their tackles. but kenna wack left right centre by the opposite team , but because its a different def, they got away with it.

This kind of mistimed tackle is quite common. The ref deemed it as a stamp not mistimed but as I said it’s subjective. Let’s see if a French, Italian, German or Spanish team player do this whether it will still be a red card? 

This Romanian ref very strict. He gave 2 yellows to Polish player in the Poles first match so he is the only ref that has dished out red cards so far. The general standard of refereeing n the VAR checks hv been good so far, let’s hope it continues. But I hope this ref don’t be chosen anymore though. 

• Praise 5

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Beregond said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/russia-vs-denmark/report/421509

Denmark stormed to a brilliant and emotional 4-1 win over Russia in Copenhagen to claim second spot in Group B and set up a last-16 tie against Wales, 

funny right?

why both 2nd place team in the group face each other??? should not be first face second???

Because if they choose 1st vs 2nd for all 6 groups, then the remaining 4 3rd placed teams will be playing each other and produce the weakest quarterfinalists. So to avoid that the boffins had to mix and match and end up with a 2nd vs 2nd scenario.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Just now, Karoon said:

Because if they choose 1st vs 2nd for all 6 groups, then the remaining 4 3rd placed teams will be playing each other and produce the weakest quarterfinalists. So to avoid that the boffins had to mix and match and end up with a 2nd vs 2nd scenario.

Ya . I saw 1 englang fans mention england could be purposely fuk up the scotland match 1. Cos they wanted 2nd place which will face 2nd place from group E. 

Lol. I find this very unfair or wrong?  Maybe they should let more team enter to make it even. So all 1st place will face 2nd place 

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

Ya . I saw 1 englang fans mention england could be purposely fuk up the scotland match 1. Cos they wanted 2nd place which will face 2nd place from group E. 

Lol. I find this very unfair or wrong?  Maybe they should let more team enter to make it even. So all 1st place will face 2nd place 

Unless u hv a 32 team tournament but UEFA nations I think total 55 countries only so if u put up a 32 team Finals that would mean almost 2/3 will qualify!

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Finally saw Netherlands played, and I must say they looked quite decent and efficient, even if not full of world class players in each position. In fact, cannot think of even one world class player in the team - was it because already more or less qualified, so fielded a weak team? If no, then even without their captain VVD, they could churn out a decent performance any day - with players that are not very illustrious, so that's quite impressive. Last time my impression of Netherlands would include van der sar, stam, van bastan, van nistheroy, koeman, de boers, cruyff, etc. all fairly well known names. Now i only know Wijnaldum...

Ok, still got Blind and Depay, but i remember more of how they fared when playing for Utd. And yet, like i said, they did decent as a team. Ok, there was a scare when N Macedonia could have scored when still goalless, but other than that, they had most of the game under control. 

I think if they play against England, the English players while each one come with much bigger reputation, might lose to the Dutch...

Actually, even at the last major tournament, I remember Dutch was still using Kuyt and Babbel, again not big-reputation players. This could only mean that the team can punch above their (individual players') weight as a collective unit.

Italy also belongs to this category, i feel. Team like France has a team full of world-class players, but Netherlands and Italy don't, and that is what make them even more impressive.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1