Euro 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

5 hours ago, Yeshe said:

Good to hear that he is revived and awake! 

Ya.

So long no news i thought gone

Good that he pull through 

• Praise 2

Footballers suffering unexpected cardiac arrest seems more frequent these days. Not sure is it cos of the over congested fixture lists, the intensity of the modern game or what? Really frightening to see a healthy n fit sportsman collapsing. Good news is that Eriksen seems to be ok but the worry for him on a personal note is that his career might end due to this.

Life is definitely more valuable than playing professional sports and anyway Eriksen has already played a decade or more of football n just won a title with Inter Milan. Get well soon!

• Praise 6

Belgium justified why they are one of the favourites for this Euro by beating Russia 3-0 in St Petersburg. They played without 2 of their best players in Eden Hazard n Kevin De Bruyne so more to come from them.

Tonite England play Croatia, can’t wait to see what formation the 3 Lions will play. Read that Sterling might be chosen but frankly I wouldn’t choose him as he has not be on form this year n didn’t play well in the UCL Final. I hope to see Foden, Grealish and Mount support Kane in attack. Let’s see if Southgate is brave enough to play all 3 young and exciting talents behind the Captain.

• Praise 8

3 minutes ago, Spring said:

Belgium justified why they are one of the favourites for this Euro by beating Russia 3-0 in St Petersburg. They played without 2 of their best players in Eden Hazard n Kevin De Bruyne so more to come from them.

Tonite England play Croatia, can’t wait to see what formation the 3 Lions will play. Read that Sterling might be chosen but frankly I wouldn’t choose him as he has not be on form this year n didn’t play well in the UCL Final. I hope to see Foden, Grealish and Mount support Kane in attack. Let’s see if Southgate is brave enough to play all 3 young and exciting talents behind the Captain.

but sterling got speed and penetration .

i feel Foden, Grealish, Mount this 3 too similar to 1 another, all love ball on their feet and try to create something. and kane is not really fast also

• Praise 2

All 20 EPL clubs have representatives at Euro2020. Chelsea have the most players...17 followed by City with 15 and United with 11. Bayern with 14 players and Juventus with 12 complete the top 5 clubs with most players.

21 of the 24 countries have at least 1 EPL player. Only Russia, North Macedonia and Hungary doesn’t have an EPL player.

• Praise 8

4 minutes ago, Beregond said:

but sterling got speed and penetration .

i feel Foden, Grealish, Mount this 3 too similar to 1 another, all love ball on their feet and try to create something. and kane is not really fast also

Foden on the right, Grealish on the left and Mount in the middle can be good creators esp against park the bus teams which I suspect Czech n Scotland might be. Agree that Sterling is speedy n direct n also with tournament experience under his belt but Grealish has shown he can operate on the left as well as Sterling n he has been England’s best player in the recent 2 friendlies. Reports also claim Pep willing to let Sterling go n replace him with Grealish but of course City is City, England is England.

• Praise 7

2 hours ago, Spurman said:

Come on eriksen. Recover well...

The immediate CPR probably made a big difference

Still young, so should have good chance of a complete recovery if there is no cardiac or brain damage 

• Praise 7

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Newbie26 said:

The immediate CPR probably made a big difference

Still young, so should have good chance of a complete recovery if there is no cardiac or brain damage 

2021-06-13_113823.gif

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

2021-06-13_113823.gif

Sad to read this medical opinion

But no details in public domain thus far

Maybe still got chance if just fainted without  direct cardiac damage

• Praise 4

32 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

2021-06-13_113823.gif

I won't take too much into such tabloid headline catching reporting.

Need to wait for the official medical reports. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Spring said:

All 20 EPL clubs have representatives at Euro2020. Chelsea have the most players...17 followed by City with 15 and United with 11. Bayern with 14 players and Juventus with 12 complete the top 5 clubs with most players.

Not surpised Chelsea is the best team in Europe and Man C is second best.

Bayern was the best team in Europe last year and Juventus is also always up challenging.

Money buys the best players and the best players always win.

Cheque book football.

:D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
25 minutes ago, Kopites said:

I won't take too much into such tabloid headline catching reporting.

Need to wait for the official medical reports. 

yup [thumbsup] 

anyway, the team doctor need to assess and pass examination before sending player to field

player collapse on field is not good (unacceptable) for billions of people watching live ... [sweatdrop] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Such fragility is life. At that moment, his entire life is hinge only on the hands of the paramedic....not the money that he has.

This is why we should be humble and kind to everyone. Sometimes, it is the guy who is much poorer than us that is going to save our life.

And don't complain if we have to spend more time at home these days. To me, able to spend more time with your close ones is a blessing which should be cherished and valued. 

• Praise 7

(edited)
58 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

yup [thumbsup] 

anyway, the team doctor need to assess and pass examination before sending player to field

player collapse on field is not good (unacceptable) for billions of people watching live ... [sweatdrop] 

Blame it on bbc. I go find the link.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1449132/bbc-news-christian-eriksen-heart-condition-health-update-cpr-collapse-euro-2020-denmark

Here.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/tv/bbc-issue-apology-over-christian-20802974

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1