Euro 2020

Maxus-MIFA9

Supercharged

Few days ago i was cb here. Cb there. Getting angry with spurs levy botak for appointing fonseca. Liews. Almost a conte. End up err this crap. And also angry surely kane gonna leave spurs.

After see eriksen like that. All these put in perspective. Just hope eriksen recovers well

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

On 6/12/2021 at 11:31 AM, Beregond said:

dun know what time is the england game.

hope its not 3 am again😅

I also cannot believe its 9 pm

and not 3 am!

:D

• Haha! 3

England line up Trippier at LB!

Pickford Walker Stones Mings Trippier Rice Phillips Foden Mount Sterling Kane

• Praise 5

Watched Belgium last night n realised their back 3 defenders Toby A, Derrick Boyata n Jan Vertonghen plus sub Thomas Vermalean are all in their 30s so not only Italy depending on old birds!

• Praise 5

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Spring said:

Watched Belgium last night n realised their back 3 defenders Toby A, Derrick Boyata n Jan Vertonghen plus sub Thomas Vermalean are all in their 30s so not only Italy depending on old birds!

they really play 4231.😄

tripper at left back??

so werid

Edited by Beregond
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Atrecord said:

Prickford starts. I hope England loses... 

Liverpool fan?

Glad your hope did not come true.

Love and peace from a lifelong Evertonian. 

• Haha! 1

10 hours ago, sake said:

Liverpool fan?

Glad your hope did not come true.

Love and peace from a lifelong Evertonian. 

looking at big picture, yah, ended up well. But still don't like the line-up, i hope he recklessly brings someone down, gets red-carded and will be history to the team. then i will lovingly support the team wholeheartedly :grin:

• Haha! 1

17 hours ago, Spurman said:

Few days ago i was cb here. Cb there. Getting angry with spurs levy botak for appointing fonseca. Liews. Almost a conte. End up err this crap. And also angry surely kane gonna leave spurs.

After see eriksen like that. All these put in perspective. Just hope eriksen recovers well

it was surreal at the moment when he fell, and then the long wait that follows, with the match suspended and live streaming also stopped... Didn't augur well, but glad that he was revived and the match could resume.

also glad that Lukaku and then last night the Austrian team all showed solidarity and support for Eriksen after they scored. 

Hope he recovers well and quickly...

• Praise 1

22 hours ago, Spring said:

Footballers suffering unexpected cardiac arrest seems more frequent these days. Not sure is it cos of the over congested fixture lists, the intensity of the modern game or what? Really frightening to see a healthy n fit sportsman collapsing. Good news is that Eriksen seems to be ok but the worry for him on a personal note is that his career might end due to this.

Life is definitely more valuable than playing professional sports and anyway Eriksen has already played a decade or more of football n just won a title with Inter Milan. Get well soon!

Yes, really scary. The last high-profile one was probably Casillas, if not wrong. Hope they recover fully and continue with life without risk of it happening again...

actually, if it - cardiac arrest - was imminent, it was also lucky that it happened in such a high-profile place. Not that it is good for the whole world to see, but just that medical aid is close at hand, and probably reached Eriksen within 1-2 min, which was absolutely critical. Reported by the team doc that he 'was gone' for a while, before the defrillibrator revived him... (no wonder the players and spectators were crying...)

had it taken longer for medical intervention... can't imagine...

If it had happened during holidays at remote place, then the outcome could have been tragic.

Wonder if there is any way to detect and prevent such things from happening.

• Praise 1

58 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Yes, really scary. The last high-profile one was probably Casillas, if not wrong. Hope they recover fully and continue with life without risk of it happening again...

actually, if it - cardiac arrest - was imminent, it was also lucky that it happened in such a high-profile place. Not that it is good for the whole world to see, but just that medical aid is close at hand, and probably reached Eriksen within 1-2 min, which was absolutely critical. Reported by the team doc that he 'was gone' for a while, before the defrillibrator revived him... (no wonder the players and spectators were crying...)

had it taken longer for medical intervention... can't imagine...

If it had happened during holidays at remote place, then the outcome could have been tragic.

Wonder if there is any way to detect and prevent such things from happening.

The luckiest guy to survive was Muamba, the Spurs player. A cardiologist who was in the stands came down to assist in the rescue and also directed the ambulance to a heart hospital instead of a normal hospital. The cardiologist was at the match cos his nephew couldn’t attend the game n passed him the ticket! He was technically dead for 78 minutes and doctors say his case was a miracle!

For Eriksen, the Danish Capt Kjaer played a big part by turning him over and started CPR even before the medics came from what I read so credit to him on that. Kjaer plays for Milan whilst Eriksen plays for Inter. Rivals on the field but apparently good friends off it!

Seems Eriksen has no history of heart issues so it can happen to anyone frankly.....including u n me unfortunately haiz....

• Praise 6

England didn’t play well but got away with a 1-0 win. The only excuse I can give them is that this match was played at 2pm UK time n the summer weather was hot. No excuses for next few games as it will be played at night.

Don’t quite agree with Trippier playing at LB as he nvr went on the outside to swing crosses in unlike if Shaw or Chilwell would hv played. The outstanding player was Phillips of Leeds and he even outshadowed Rice who is the first choice DM. Didn’t quite like Mings as well cos whilst he was physically aggressive, I feel he might be caught out by a more skilful n experienced striker like Benzema, Lewandowski or the equally physical but fast Lukaku.

Anyway this is the first England win in an opening European Championship game for them at the 10th attempt (5 draws n 4 defeats previously). I’m eagerly waiting for the France v Germany game tmr night!

• Praise 7

Holland v Ukraine game was the best game of the tournament so far. Both technically strong teams and I pity the Ukrainians who fought back from 2 goals down with an excellent goal by Yarmolenko of West Ham n a good header by Yaremchuk. To be fair, the Dutch deserve to get all 3 pts as they had the better chances n the Ukraine goalie had a good match.

• Praise 6

Turbocharged
12 hours ago, Beregond said:

England start well.

But last 25 min only.

Once they lead, they switch back to passive mode

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
8 minutes ago, Spring said:

Holland v Ukraine game was the best game of the tournament so far. Both technically strong teams and I pity the Ukrainians who fought back from 2 goals down with an excellent goal by Yarmolenko of West Ham n a good header by Yaremchuk. To be fair, the Dutch deserve to get all 3 pts as they had the better chances n the Ukraine goalie had a good match.

Ukraine although good, but always cannot find ideas to penetrate the Dutch penalty box. The goals were from long range and set piece. 

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Spring said:

The luckiest guy to survive was Muamba, the Spurs player. A cardiologist who was in the stands came down to assist in the rescue and also directed the ambulance to a heart hospital instead of a normal hospital. The cardiologist was at the match cos his nephew couldn’t attend the game n passed him the ticket! He was technically dead for 78 minutes and doctors say his case was a miracle!

For Eriksen, the Danish Capt Kjaer played a big part by turning him over and started CPR even before the medics came from what I read so credit to him on that. Kjaer plays for Milan whilst Eriksen plays for Inter. Rivals on the field but apparently good friend off it!

Seems Eriksen has no history of heart issues so it can happen to anyone frankly.....including u n me unfortunately haiz....

Yes, remember Muamba, but didn't know the full details. Really lucky chap then. The Chinese will say must go and 还神 or return the prayers... 😀

Didn't read details of Kiaer starting CPR on him. Really good to know that he reacted so quickly and correctly. That's what team spirits should be about.

Like this how will the players feel? I hope they won't suddenly all get worried till affect their play and career... 

For the match, i had thought that Denmark was better, but they lost - not sure if it was because of what happened to Eriksen.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1