Football: Singapore beat Palestine 2-1 to top World Cup qualifying group

StreetFight3r

17 minutes ago, Zxcvb said:

Base on past records, sometimes I wonder why and how Singapore can still struggle against countries like Syria, Afghanistan, Yemen, Palestine, etc.

We got best healthcare, drink formula milk, nice childcare education system, clean air, clean water, safe environment, sleep well in nice homes, got tv, got smartphones, got fast internet, got abundance of good food like A&W and Shake Shack, got popular bubble tea. No constant worries of getting robbed nor bombed out of nowhere. And on the sports side, we have so many highly paid certified sports professionals, trainers, coaches, doctors and psychologists. We got a sports school. We got nice stadiums at every heartland. We got many gyms. We got many jogging tracks. We got Nike Adidas, Puma, Under Armour widely available. We organised many marathons. 

Those 4 countries I mentioned above don't have even such luxuries can still beat us easily ah??

It's the mentality la. We are too comfortable.

It's the poorer countries, where they have nothing to lose, that will fight harder on the pitch. Sports is about mentality as much as it is about physicality. If you don't take it seriously and think you cannot, then the battle is already lost.

↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, UncleAtas said:

Can you elaborate on how do you see Palestine as a country? Since you're in shock that they can have their own football league?

It's a country with an impoverished population,  high unemployment, low per capita GDP. And yet a football league with quality players could thrive there.

Everyone loves to win but for Singapore,  it is not about winning yet. Should focus on developing new players and style. Hope to see them play more short passes games. The long passes will never be our game in my opinion.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1