Wearnes wins exclusive distributorship for Koenigsegg, Pininfarina, and Rimac

StreetFight3r

21838_p1_s_1.jpg.2e9fccf04dc1e34ff9f32e6f1b90c99c.jpg

21838_2_l.thumb.jpg.0218666d5edfc9551d0dd977f856108e.jpg

Wearnes Automotive, a leading distributor and retailer of premium cars in South East Asia, has announced that the company will be the exclusive partner of Koenigsegg, Pininfarina and Rimac.

These brands will be part of the Prestige Division which recently added Alpine and Lotus to its stable of brands that include Aston Martin and Bentley. The company will be able to sell Koenigsegg, Pininfarina and Rimac hypercars across Asia.

"These three new brands will add to the portfolio in our Prestige Division. Coupled with our expertise and experience in the ultra-luxury segment, we are confident of further strengthening our position in this segment." says Mr. Andre Roy, Chief Executive Officer.

To help high-end car collectors enhance, preserve and protect their investments, Wearnes Automotive has also embarked on building a state-of-the-art, climate-controlled bonded car storage facility in Singapore. This will allow luxury car collectors to store their rare, limited edition and classic cars in an exclusive and secure environment.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

33 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

I know previous dealer in Changi North

My friend (has a 12C also) used to work at Motorway.

Edited by Turboflat4

32 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Super or hyper cars. For the rich and famous.

These are hypercar marques. They're really top tier. 

Supercars are like most models of Ferrari, Lamborghini, Mclaren. Sports cars with stock horsepower in the 500 to 800 range. There are hypercar models within these marques, but they are the exception rather than the norm. Examples include the McLaren P1 and the Ferrari LaFerrari. 

Hypercars are the top tier (until they come up with even more outrageous stuff I guess). Sports cars with stock horsepower above 800hp, and the sky's the limit, really. Most hypercar marques like those named are pushing out more than 1000hp. Some like Pagani are at the low end of the scale with "only" 800hp in the Huayra, but it does (barely) qualify as a hypercar.

Some non-supercar marques make models that are supercars and very occasionally, hypercars. Porsche is not a supercar marque, but it makes quite a few legitimate supercars (Carrera GT, GT2RS) and one hypercar (the 918). Audi makes a supercar (the R8). Japanese makes have a few (the LFA for sure, arguably the NSX - old and new and maybe, maybe the GTR too). Mercedes makes supercars (the SLS AMG and arguably the AMG GT series, especially the R) and one hypercar (the AMG ONE).

(Note that I kept mentioning "sports cars" above. That's an important part of the definition. Super sedans with stock hp above 500 are now fairly common (Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, BMW M5, Mercedes AMG E63S) but they don't qualify as supercars in my view). 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

25 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

These are hypercar marques. They're really top tier. 

Supercars are like most models of Ferrari, Lamborghini, Mclaren. Sports cars with horsepower in the 500 to 800 range. There are hypercar models within these marques, but they are the exception rather than the norm. Examples include the McLaren P1 and the Ferrari LaFerrari. 

Hypercars are the top tier (until they come up with even more outrageous stuff I guess). Horsepower above 800hp, and the sky's the limit, really. Most hypercar marques like those named are pushing out more than 1000hp. Some like Pagani are at the low end of the scale with "only" 800hp in the Huayra, but it does (barely) qualify as a hypercar.

Some non-supercar marques make models that are supercars and very occasionally, hypercars. Porsche is not a supercar marque, but it makes quite a few legitimate supercars (Carrera GT, GT2RS) and one hypercar (the 918). Audi makes a supercar (the R8). Japanese cars have a few (the LFA, arguably the NSX - old and new and maybe, maybe the GTR too). Mercedes makes supercars (the SLS AMG and arguably the AMG GT series) and one hypercar (the AMG ONE).

Yeah. I only know some of their most famous models featured on motoring shows. So not sure if they sell more super or hyper cars actually.

Frankly, the overwhelming speed of these hypercars nowadays make the numbers too outlandish to me. I mean I can get my head around 500—600 bhp vs that of a regular pocket rocket/premium car at 200+ to 300.

Beyond that, its like does it matter if star A is ten light years vs star B being twenty away? Lol. Its really becomes a very niche hobby or interest (if u had the money to pursue). Just like extreme high end watch making etc. 

But then I don't have the mentality of those who buy such marques anyway ha. Maybe ten years ago, the world was simpler and only one top ferrari, one top lambo, one top pagani, and I yearn for such nostalgia lol. 

Anyway I thought koningsegg had to be rescued 1-2 years back or something. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Yeah. I only know some of their most famous models featured on motoring shows. So not sure if they sell more super or hyper cars actually.

Frankly, the overwhelming speed of these hypercars nowadays make the numbers too outlandish to me. I mean I can get my head around 500—600 bhp vs that of a regular pocket rocket/premium car at 200+ to 300.

Beyond that, its like does it matter if star A is ten light years vs star B being twenty away? Lol. Its really becomes a very niche hobby or interest (if u had the money to pursue). Just like extreme high end watch making etc. 

But then I don't have the mentality of those who buy such marques anyway ha. Maybe ten years ago, the world was simpler and only one top ferrari, one top lambo, one top pagani, and I yearn for such nostalgia lol. 

Buy for collection la. Like expensive watches. They hoping to resell many years later.

Just now, Benarsenal said:

Buy for collection la. Like expensive watches. They hoping to resell many years later.

Those are like the Americans with whole warehouses of cars. Like Jay Leno. 

24 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I've owned a few cars making over 600hp, including my current McLaren 12C. I've driven cars with more hp, with the most powerful being the McLaren 720s (which has 710hp). It is very possible to tell the difference between 700+ hp and 600+ hp even at legal-ish expressway speeds. It's just the effortlessness of overtaking. With a 616hp car like my 12C, it's very easy. With the 720s, it's almost an afterthought. You can tell how much faster the McLaren 720s than the Ferrari 488GTB (which I've also driven) that makes just 661hp. So you can tell even a 50hp difference on the road. 

I've never driven a hypercar, but boy would I love to. I'd also like to try out Tesla's ludicrous mode launch. 

Don't remember Koenigsegg being in money trouble recently. Maybe a long time ago. 

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1