How to use the various functions in the new MCF

Carbon82

OK, time for a tutorial session. Many have suggested to have a thread to showcase how to navigate and use the carious functions on the new MCF platform. We hear you! [gossip]

I will share what I know here (just like you, I am still exploring things), but seek your understanding that I am not able to post everything over a short period of time, as after all, I can only do it when I have some free time. ^_^

Aside to @pChou @kobayashiGT @BabyBlade, do let me know if I have shared any incorrect information (especially if a particular function is only available for use by moderators [lipsrsealed]).

For a start, this is how to search for post / topic made my a particular member.

Go to the member's profile and click on the "See their activity" tab on the right hand side of the member's profile page.

DFvaJfT.jpg

You will see a list of option on the left hand side of the screen.

YmXWUPx.png

Click on "Topics" to see threads started by the member

Cdmn8NJ.png

Click on "Posts" to see posts made by the member

uX9W10x.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13

MCF have a new live feed function, which allows member to post their comment, status, etc. (something similar to blog / FB / IG).

Click on "Status Updates" to see live feed / comment by the member

2l1s3uw.png

You can input your Live Feed in the box provided, on your own profile page

GmZMBcs.png

Your Live Feed (comment, status, etc.) will appears like this on your profile page

YcLWXvs.png

Other members can response to your Live Feed and so can you

NNY3ddx.png

• Praise 9

How to use the new Multi Quote function.

Click "+" tab on the bottom of the posts you want to reply

50cHXQD.png

Click "Quote X posts" tab on the bottom right of the page to reply, or "x" to abort the operation

E6pjYwg.png

You can add your replies going by individual post

lrzzHML.png

• Praise 14

With regard to tagging, how do you delete once you key it in? Let's say I tagged you by mistake. 

@Carbon82

For some reason once it becomes highlighted in blue I can't backspace over it anymore? 

I'm on an Android (Huawei) phone if that helps. Using SwiftKey keyboard. Thanks in advance mate. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 3

Internal Moderator
5 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

With regard to tagging, how do you delete once you key it in? Let's say I tagged you by mistake. 

@Carbon82

For some reason once it becomes highlighted in blue I can't backspace over it anymore? 

I'm on an Android (Huawei) phone if that helps. Using SwiftKey keyboard. Thanks in advance mate. 

HI bro, do you still have this problem persist? my iPhone does not have these issues. 

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

HI bro, do you still have this problem persist? my iPhone does not have these issues. 

Testing. @kobayashiGT

Yes bro. Recording a video. As you can see I just can't backspace and delete the user tag. Old forum no issues. Haven't tried on computer yet, will try later. Thanks. 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
6 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Testing. @kobayashiGT

Yes bro. Recording a video. As you can see I just can't backspace and delete the user tag. Old forum no issues. Haven't tried on computer yet, will try later. Thanks. 

Okay! I will feedback to my IT team. I got tried on my colleague android phone. will have this prob.

• Praise 2

15 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Okay! I will feedback to my IT team. I got tried on my colleague android phone. will have this prob.

Thanks so much. So I guess it's an android-wide UI issue. 

8 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

@Carbon82

I am using Android phone and face similar issues (mine sometime can delete, sometime can't). There is a work around, a little troublesome, but 100% workable (bear with it for now time the IT department come up with a better solution).

Select the tag with a few characters before and after it...

FMUM2mM.jpg

And delete the selection using backspace button (and retype the few missing characters)

aeGx3Hi.jpg

• Praise 9

7 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

A few questions:

How to go to the first unread post in a thread?  Anyway to list and view all Unread content by thread?

How to delete notifications?

The notifications link on this page returns nothing and also a 404 error when clicking View All Notifications:

https://www.sgcarmart.com/forum/index.php

tks!

Just click on the double arrow sign on the post title, and it will bring you the 1st unread post of the thread.

O9Q3L50.png

The same when using mobile phone

XzlAwU9.png

As for deleting notifications, the admin and IT team is still working on it.

• Praise 10

33 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I am using Android phone and face similar issues (mine sometime can delete, sometime can't). There is a work around, a little troublesome, but 100% workable (bear with it for now time the IT department come up with a better solution).

Select the tag with a few characters before and after it...

FMUM2mM.jpg

And delete the selection using backspace button (and retype the few missing characters)

aeGx3Hi.jpg

Thanks so much bro, the workaround works. 🙂

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Just click on the double arrow sign on the post title, and it will bring you the 1st unread post of the thread.

The same when using mobile phone

As for deleting notifications, the admin and IT team is still working on it.

THe Color Scheme of the website is terrible ........... not "old men" friendly 

🙄:grin:

• Praise 7
  • Sad 1

OK there is another way to go direct to the first unread post.

Click on the "*" icon for those thread you have participated

BvJjqqz.png

Or "°" icon for those thread you have not participated

DBar3KN.png

To make it easier to identify the 1st unread post in the page, a blue line has been added to serve as a demarcation

84BSHlo.png

• Praise 8

Thanks Carbon82 for the nice tips. I have one question here. Is it that we are only allowed to upload 1 photo for each post? I can't upload more than 1 each time, from my laptop or phone. If that is the case, why is it that some members can attach more than 5 photos in one post?

Thank you for your assistance.

• Praise 5

Internal Moderator

image.thumb.png.6dac12997f90377298fb21627d8bb6eb.png

Most prob is your image size is too big. we are currently allowing not more than 4mb per post. You can try and feedback to us. Thanks!

51 minutes ago, SGMCF328 said:

Thanks Carbon82 for the nice tips. I have one question here. Is it that we are only allowed to upload 1 photo for each post? I can't upload more than 1 each time, from my laptop or phone. If that is the case, why is it that some members can attach more than 5 photos in one post?

Thank you for your assistance.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
On 9/18/2019 at 9:19 AM, kobayashiGT said:

image.thumb.png.6dac12997f90377298fb21627d8bb6eb.png

Most prob is your image size is too big. we are currently allowing not more than 4mb per post. You can try and feedback to us. Thanks!

Hi guys,

I have increased the upload size to 8MB, I hope it will solve some of your imagery problems when uploading! 

image.thumb.png.edfc0f42ece203e7dc3b57380e1fbc47.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1