Advice on vacation in Bangkok/Cambodia/Vietnam

Atrecord

On 9/30/2019 at 2:25 PM, Adrianli said:

I suggest you rent a car in BKK so it is easier for your folks to travel. Look at my BKK road trip thread. Drove around BKK. Just use Waze and drive around. Since on holiday, no rush so no need to scare of traffic jams. Also do consider staying at Novotel Platinum, next door to Platinum mall with sky bridge link to Central Mall and the rest of the other malls. Very wheelchair friendly there.

Can drive out to Ayutthaya, see historical city. Or drive to Mae Klong to see train market and floating market. Or drive to Pattaya for beach activities. But if you only going to spend 3-4 nights, forget about driving out of BKK.

With car, can drive to Chatuchak. Lots of parking lots at JJ Mall. But the inside of the market is not wheelchair friendly. The outskirts of the market is very wheelchair friendly. JJ Mall also wheelchair friendly. JJ Mall is the same format as the market but with aircon.

Or book centara grand at central world. Direct access to mall. Good for wheelchair. 

But i wont go bangkok again. Too hot, crowded, jam and haze. Better go elsewhere

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

On 10/6/2019 at 1:44 AM, Thaiyotakamli said:

Or book centara grand at central world. Direct access to mall. Good for wheelchair. 

But i wont go bangkok again. Too hot, crowded, jam and haze. Better go elsewhere

Year end I think BKK is cooler. No haze lah. Only that 1 time.

I still like BKK for the food and the various places to visit. But sick of the malls. Love their night market.

• Praise 1

26 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Year end I think BKK is cooler. No haze lah. Only that 1 time.

I still like BKK for the food and the various places to visit. But sick of the malls. Love their night market.

I last went bkk on june, the sun literally bake ur skin

but i like thai food. Its cheap and delicious. The people there also friendly and able to understand english compared to vietnam. 

Bkk malls are good to avoid head lol

• Haha! 1

I also find Bangkok very crowded and hope OTHER people don't go.

:grin:

So I go heath centre can have all the ladies to myself.

Last time I went all the young ladies taken already and

they sent me a lady boy.

For 2 hours I hold onto both sides of my disposable undies tight tight

so no accidental accidents can happen and it gets pull down by mistake.

I did not enjoy my 2 hours and didn't feel very relax at all.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 2

Are these countries open for leisure travel and international flights? Any suggestions which country to visit first - Cambodia, Vietnam or Thailand? And which is cheaper? 

Thanks in advance.

43 minutes ago, Bigharcar said:

Are these countries open for leisure travel and international flights? Any suggestions which country to visit first - Cambodia, Vietnam or Thailand? And which is cheaper? 

Thanks in advance.

Bro

May I appeal to you to avoid travel now, or even in the near term for the next six months or so.

It is still not conducive or that safe. Many unknowns out there and unless it's really important, don't. We can practise delayed gratification.

When the coast is clear, pm me, I can give you all the info you want on Phnom Penh and many parts of Cambodia ok?  

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

This year can forget travel

want travel take cruise to nowhere better

Wait false alarm ask to U turn again. Lugi also.

• Haha! 2

15 hours ago, therock said:

Bro

May I appeal to you to avoid travel now, or even in the near term for the next six months or so.

It is still not conducive or that safe. Many unknowns out there and unless it's really important, don't. We can practise delayed gratification.

When the coast is clear, pm me, I can give you all the info you want on Phnom Penh and many parts of Cambodia ok?  

Wah bro... you familiar with Cambodia ah? hahaha... lived there before?

13 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Wah bro... you familiar with Cambodia ah? hahaha... lived there before?

I do a lot of social work over there.. many friends that can assist.. I'm sure they welcome tourists too, at the appropriate time...

• Praise 1

On 1/16/2021 at 1:04 PM, therock said:

I do a lot of social work over there.. many friends that can assist.. I'm sure they welcome tourists too, at the appropriate time...

I see... nice! Same same... my wife is Cambodian lar... ha ha... honestly, depending on what you like, some may find Cambodia has nothing to offer... it's still very chaotic... maybe more so that in the past with the unbridled development in the major cities... it's lost some that laid back charm that appealed to me... and I hate traffic jams with a passion... ha ha... so the traffic jams in Phnom Penh are very hard to take...

• Praise 1

On 1/18/2021 at 10:50 AM, BabyBlade said:

It's 2021. Why would anyone bump up this pre-COVID thread and give us false hope? 😡😆

Yah lah people here so bad.

I see this thread and I feel very sad because I miss all this.

:pissed-off:

image.thumb.png.65339a492328ce1e711493d6c62a3264.png

image.thumb.png.a7d1785b3ee587a3c8b2805348f997d9.png

I find that the average cook over there has lost their skills, probably because all their teachers were wiped out during the killings..

So they compensate with too much fish sauce...

↡ Advertisement