Advice on vacation in Bangkok/Cambodia/Vietnam

Atrecord

Supercharged
On 1/10/2021 at 8:31 PM, Jamesc said:

I advise going Vietnam.

:grin:

This is not the first time I saw this xuyên barber shop clip. There must be many more barber shops in Vietnam. What's so special about this one? 

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Didu said:

This is not the first time I saw this xuyên barber shop clip. There must be many more barber shops in Vietnam. What's so special about this one? 

There you go.

• Haha! 2

Supercharged

I'm OK with most of the services performed in the slip. [thumbsup] Only apprehensive about the part at 14mins into the clip where she's stepping on customer's back. Isn't that a little dangerous? [sweatdrop]

Edited by Didu
  • Haha! 1

23 hours ago, therock said:

I find that the average cook over there has lost their skills, probably because all their teachers were wiped out during the killings..

So they compensate with too much fish sauce...

It's not just lost skills... it's also about being poor... use more sauce = can eat with plain rice... basically the genocide reset their cultural heritage to the stone age... very little of it is left... including cuisine and other intangible arts... much of their art forms seems to be recovered in part from Thai counterparts (from my conversations with some practioners)... that's probably the most similar in terms of culture being derived from the ancient Hindu empires... honestly I don't really know how much of what we see today culturally is really authentic Khmer culture... and how much is recovered through assimilation from the Thais, etc...

On 2/13/2021 at 2:30 PM, Didu said:

I'm OK with most of the services performed in the slip. [thumbsup] Only apprehensive about the part at 14mins into the clip where she's stepping on customer's back. Isn't that a little dangerous? [sweatdrop]

Viet gals usually light weight, 40+ kg. I think u tell them dun step back if not comfortable. 

• Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, teomingern said:

I always scared when they twist your joints... crack and crack... crack wrongly then gone case... so usually this part I will skip...

Very scared of those twist the neck one. 😅

• Haha! 1

Going to Bangkok for small break this weekend, anyone has first hand information on how the immigration is like upon arrival? How long expected to queue up?

Thanks in advance

On 2/13/2021 at 2:14 PM, Didu said:

They are all special!

:D

• Haha! 1

On 2/13/2021 at 2:30 PM, Didu said:

Thousands of customers had the back stepped on.

But if you don't like it then maybe you can just turn over

and ask them to lie on your front instead of stepping on your back?

This's what I would do if I didn't like them stepping on my back.

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
On 11/17/2022 at 10:33 AM, Jamesc said:

Thousands of customers had the back stepped on.

But if you don't like it then maybe you can just turn over

and ask them to lie on your front instead of stepping on your back?

This's what I would do if I didn't like them stepping on my back.

I'm ok with flipping over. But may trip her with my pole.  Ha..ha...

• Haha! 1