Weird thing happened to me-Need feedback

Tedlhw

16 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

U got online say ccb pap? 

U say so many time not even saman auntie want to take your car photo right? 😂 

• Praise 2

8 hours ago, Tedlhw said:

This afternoon, went to makan. 

Going back to my car in an open carpark, there was a man surreptitiously taking photo of my car. 

I ran up and shouted at him, and ask him why he was taking photo of my car(2018 Q7). 

He claims he wants the chassis code(he showed me what he was taking) as he sells VW and Audi parts.

I was like "huh??"

He looked really nervous and scared, or maybe i was fierce i dunno.  

I have captured the video of him taking photo of my car as well as the carplate of the white VW MPV he was driving. 

I told him to delete it, as i was quite suspicious of what he was trying to do. 

Do any bros/sis have any inkling what he was doing?? I am curious and piqued, as his story doesn't quite make sense to me..

Huh. Take photo only what.

His excuse does seem a bit weird. But honestly I wouldn't really care if someone wants to take photo of my car.

• Praise 1

18 hours ago, Tedlhw said:

This afternoon, went to makan. 

Going back to my car in an open carpark, there was a man surreptitiously taking photo of my car. 

I ran up and shouted at him, and ask him why he was taking photo of my car(2018 Q7). 

He claims he wants the chassis code(he showed me what he was taking) as he sells VW and Audi parts.

I was like "huh??"

He looked really nervous and scared, or maybe i was fierce i dunno.  

I have captured the video of him taking photo of my car as well as the carplate of the white VW MPV he was driving. 

I told him to delete it, as i was quite suspicious of what he was trying to do. 

Do any bros/sis have any inkling what he was doing?? I am curious and piqued, as his story doesn't quite make sense to me..

In the worst most devious case scenario could be shopping for car theft syndicate. License plate + chassis number to purchase key and immobilizer coding. 

I think that is very unlikely though.

• Praise 4

18 hours ago, Tedlhw said:

honestly... the thought did cross my mind...

Told you to put on a good disguise before stepping into KTV, you just dont listen

muayhahahahhaha

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

In the worst most devious case scenario could be shopping for car theft syndicate. License plate + chassis number to purchase key and immobilizer coding. 

I think that is very unlikely though.

asked my friends in car industry... said they use chassis code to 

1) order parts(including lost keys)

2) supply a VIN number for registration somewhere else or in export documents. 

So after some discussion, ordering parts not likely, as customers would readily provide him with it when requested. 

Ordering keys to steal my car, well its possible but unlikely, cos they would have to follow me around. Big investment for unsure outcome. 

the 2nd point is the most likely. 

Some one somewhere has an car wants to export it or register it, but cannot use the car's VIN. 

Need to get one from somewhere for the export documents or illegally register this car somewhere else.  

This is in the US, but something similar happening here i think. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/vin-cloning-thieves-masking-car-thefts/story?id=28401709

• Praise 5

7 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Told you to put on a good disguise before stepping into KTV, you just dont listen

muayhahahahhaha

LOL... i take taxi... drink dont drive... 😉

19 hours ago, Tohto said:

Someone from MCF taking photo to post on mcf 'rare car' thread. 🤣

2018 Q7 not so common yet.

Not me, not me!🤣

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

Huh. Take photo only what.

His excuse does seem a bit weird. But honestly I wouldn't really care if someone wants to take photo of my car.

Actually true la. Dont think so much about it. Just happen that TS saw someone taking photo of his car. But many times when your car is parked at carpark, you also dont know who is taking photo or even sitting on your bonnet taking selfie or doing weird things. 😂

↡ Advertisement