Weird thing happened to me-Need feedback

Tedlhw

21 hours ago, Tedlhw said:

yah maybe there is some truth there..

i watched this diagnosis on netflix.. thought crowd sourcing a question would be a fast way of getting an answer..

Proven right. Thanks all. 

I also didn't realised my car chassis number is also at base of windscreen until the mechanic told me to take check the number there. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I have bought car parts from local distributor before. Yes, they will ask for chassis number to be sure they are selling you the right parts for your particular car.

• Praise 1

People hover near my car I don't care. 

People hover around my MIL I get excited. 

In case it's a kidnapper. 

I was  to make sure they take her away and not have second thoughts. 

:D

If they change their minds I will push her to them and force her into their car or van. 

• Praise 3

20 minutes ago, boonhat_91 said:

TS should have squeeze that guy to supply you original Audi parts at discounted rate

Yup TS should have got his name card. 

Next time can get cheap parts from him

And the parts will be for the correct Singapore version. 

• Praise 2

Based on my own experience why they use chassis number to verify the purchase of parts is because different make year might have different engine design(maybe newer tech) even though the car model looks exactly the same. The chassis number will also determine the make year.

IMO TS is being overly paranoid. The guy could have been startled by your reaction. You should have calmly ask for his business card to see if he's telling the truth. 

The local AD could be the sole supplier of parts here to monopolize the market such that car owners LL go back to their workshop. They might not share information with private distributors to lose customers. So these ppl might have to gather information on their own to bring in the relevant parts. You should have asked for more info instead of turning aggressive. It may benefit you if you get to know more about that distributor.

The Chinese got one saying...if you have nothing to hide, there's nothing for you to fear.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

Last time when I drove Hyundai and Chevrolet cars, Whenever I call up to check parts or drop by to pick up parts from Song Yi, they always ask for my car plant number only leh.  My usual WS also will just ask for my Car plate number to check for me parts when I call them. ^_^

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, Jamesc said:

People hover near my car I don't care. 

People hover around my MIL I get excited. 

In case it's a kidnapper. 

I was  to make sure they take her away and not have second thoughts. 

If they change their minds I will push her to them and force her into their car or van. 

This morning I was reading the papers, and then saw this interview of this Taiwanese actress Jiang Ping. She was talking about her divorce, and the best part is her mother was actually the cause of it. It turn up her husband and her mother got into bed. 

Bluff you not, the first thing that came to my mind was @Jamesc of MCF!!! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, Tianmo said:

This morning I was reading the papers, and then saw this interview of this Taiwanese actress Jiang Ping. She was talking about her divorce, and the best part is her mother was actually the cause of it. It turn up her husband and her mother got into bed. 

Bluff you not, the first thing that came to my mind was @Jamesc of MCF!!! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Oh no. :o 

Anyway, who is Jiang Ping? [confused]

42 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

The only note I ever got was a paper that thanked me for driving s Saab 93 as he/she never seen one before.

Sorry for being irrelevant.

Can imagine the gamut of emotions when you're approaching your car. 

"Is that a piece of paper on my windscreen? Oh no, kena saman!! Wait, maybe just an ad flyer. Oh crap, maybe someone hit my car!! KNNBCCB!! Well, at least they were nice enough to leave a note. Wait, who am I kidding, this is Singapore. Maybe someone else hit and someone bao toh him in a note. Oh well, at least I got witness. Sh*t, what if no contact info? Then the fella deny. Then for nothing will become like @Adrianlisaga man.

(reading) wah heng ah, some weirdo just thanking me for driving a saab. What a relief man! 

Wait, now I got weirdo stalker ah?! Nabeh!!" 😂😂😂

• Praise 2

8 hours ago, Yewheng said:

I think the correct way to do is to ask permission from the car owner 1st before taking any pictures or car chassis no. But well.. 

if all do this our "Unusual or rare cars" and "Nice/Rare Registration Number" thread be dead! whahahahhahahhaha.. 

• Praise 2

33 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

if all do this our "Unusual or rare cars" and "Nice/Rare Registration Number" thread be dead! whahahahhahahhaha.. 

Ya lor.. 

23 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Last time when I drove Hyundai and Chevrolet cars, Whenever I call up to check parts or drop by to pick up parts from Song Yi, they always ask for my car plant number only leh.  My usual WS also will just ask for my Car plate number to check for me parts when I call them. ^_^

cos last time u can use the LTA web function ( transfer vehicle function i think )

u key in the date of transfer and vehicle plate number, all the info will be shown including the chassis number.

but 2 years back they add in must key in owner nric (last 4 or 5 ) or if commerical vehicle, ( com reg numbers ).

• Praise 3

On 9/16/2019 at 11:08 PM, Turboflat4 said:

Can imagine the gamut of emotions when you're approaching your car. 

"Is that a piece of paper on my windscreen? Oh no, kena saman!! Wait, maybe just an ad flyer. Oh crap, maybe someone hit my car!! KNNBCCB!! Well, at least they were nice enough to leave a note. Wait, who am I kidding, this is Singapore. Maybe someone else hit and someone bao toh him in a note. Oh well, at least I got witness. Sh*t, what if no contact info? Then the fella deny. Then for nothing will become like @Adrianlisaga man.

(reading) wah heng ah, some weirdo just thanking me for driving a saab. What a relief man! 

Wait, now I got weirdo stalker ah?! Nabeh!!" 😂😂😂

:ouch-it-hurts:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2