Has Our Road Etiquette / Courtesy Improved?

Davidklt

On 9/20/2019 at 9:13 PM, Neutrino said:

Singaporean drivers are very selfish.

Nothing to do with 'very stressed up' all drivers everywhere are stressed these days.

Not only selfish but also living in their own world without caring and looking out for others.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

On 9/21/2019 at 1:01 AM, alex976 said:

its not abt stress its more of being considerate. sometimes people even in the carpark drive damn reckless, jus ytd people can gt into accident at the carpark. 

wife told me in spore, we shud jus get rid of the signalling , hazards lights, side mirrors and headlights. most peope dun signal and use their side mirrors. got goondu dun even on their headlights. liddat can lower car price since most people dun bother to use them.

insurance kp rising we gt nobody to blame but ourselves

Agree, a lot of selfish inconsiderate people around.

Was at AMK hub, bring my son to watch movie in the morning since cannot go swimming. Plenty of lots, like literally 80% empty.

Parked a row where the are like 5 other empty lots beside my car. 

Taking my son out of child seat, so took a few more seconds, as he need to find his shoe.. 

500 other lots and this guy has to park his car where i am standing and reverse aggressively and horned. 

I really felt damn angry since i felt that my life and my son's life was threatened and since there were soooooooo many lots.

I felt like he was doing it purposely..   

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Not only selfish but also living in their own world without caring and looking out for others.

i feel like some people set out to make things unpleasant for others on purpose.,

On 9/17/2019 at 5:51 PM, Yewheng said:

I feel the tp law book could be updated to charge those changing lane super close to trailer that caused the accident. 

Remember last year there is this car that changed lane infront of the trailer super closed that resulted in the trailer brake hard and then the behind load become off-balance and fall off. The result is it blocked 2 or 3 lanes in PIE. Can't quite remember how many lanes. This car that changed to trailer lane should be prosecuted for driving without due car or dangerous driving. Hope someone in traffic police department happened to read this post and feedback to their head of department. 

Found the news.. 

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/cargo-dislodges-from-trailer-after-driver-brakes-to-avoid-collision-on-pie

companies running these vehicle should install dash cams in their cabin too. then give less stress to the driver. if i'm driving a trailer and someone cuts in front of me like this, i'm sorry but you're going to end up without your rear end.. i'm not slamming on the brakes because you chose to do something stupid. play stupid games win stupid prizes..

as we have a speed limit for heavy vehicles, it can be quite frustrating for heavy vehicle drivers. but germany has the same limit for trucks too, and i doubt you'd see anyone doing something that stupid over there..

Edited by louisbosco

1 hour ago, Tedlhw said:

Was at AMK hub, bring my son to watch movie in the morning since cannot go swimming. Plenty of lots, like literally 80% empty.

Taking my son out of child seat, so took a few more seconds, as he need to find his shoe.. 

500 other lots and this guy has to park his car where i am standing and reverse aggressively and horned. 

I really felt damn angry since i felt that my life and my son's life was threatened and since there were soooooooo many lots.

I think its more like that lot is the nearest to the mall entrance. So want to park there too. Just nice yours is also parked beside. I believe you choose to park there is because it is cloest to the mall entrace right? 

4 hours ago, Neutrino said:

Some people can be quite competitive. 

My 90 yo mil plays jigsaw puzzles, just small 50 piece puzzles but she has a clock in front of her and times how long it takes to complete and notes her best time.

Then at the eye clinic when they test her eye, only one eye works the other is blind, she reads the letters on the card and when she reaches what the nurse considers to be passed my mil will carry on and read the next smaller line and then the smaller line under that if she can.😁

This remind me of some drivers who just got their license or some ladies driver who is trying super hard to prove themselves that they could drive supered and is better then everyone else. That they start to lane chance super close even though there is planty of space in between to lane change, tailgate super close. When I see that, I felt it is totally unnecessary as that will cause higher chance of getting into accident. I admit that when I just passed my license, I also did that. Nowadays I just chill out. Those cars that follow very close or speed up very fast, last time I would just chance to that lane I wanted to change to.. But now I just think, let them go, they go 1st since they drive so aggressively. Then if they get into accident = orbi good for being driving so aggressively. 

Edited by Yewheng

10 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

I think its more like that lot is the nearest to the mall entrance. So want to park there too. Just nice yours is also parked beside. I believe you choose to park there is because it is cloest to the mall entrace right? 

sorry. nope... is damn away... anyway there were 5 lots both to the left and the right of me... it was a completely empty row

Edited by Tedlhw

32 minutes ago, Tedlhw said:

sorry. nope... is damn away... anyway there were 5 lots both to the left and the right of me... it was a completely empty row

Then this driver very weird.. Of all places want to park beside you.. That you still around your car with door opened. 

8 hours ago, Tedlhw said:

A lot of drivers have 0 parking skill. They cannot park when there are no vehicles beside to "guide" them into their parking lot. So maybe he needed your car to guide him into his lot. It has happened to me too. Whole freaking carpark almost empty then the idiot has to park beside my car. Hate these type of drivers.

↡ Advertisement