COE Bidding – 2nd Round of September 2019

Carbon82

16 minutes ago, Spring said:

Subaru XV shld be Cat B so maybe that’s why they gave an Open COE as the prices quite near. Thought u booked a Cat A car. 

Yes Cat B, either that or the COE was expiring. Either ways I'm not complaining. 😎. In fact I'm picking it up end of next week. Faster than I expected. I thought it normally takes more than 2 weeks from date of securing COE even if the vehicle is readily available.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

13 hours ago, Jamesc said:

People say COE prices so high and condo prices so high there will be no recession.

This is completely wrong.

COE and housing prices are lagging indicators of economic activity.

They are not leading indicators.

Every company I know is cutting cost but they are not cutting staff on a big level yet.

They are cutting overseas travel, training courses and entertainment first.

Only as a last resort will they cut staff and only when staff are cut on a massive level then COE will fall.

People will panic and  we will see COE will dive.

😀

Good times or bad times, costs cutting is always there to squeeze out higher margin to announce to wall street etc. They have only changed the buzz word from retrenchment -> reorg -> restructure -> digitalisation (latest)!! 

Letting pp go during good n bad times is a norm. Once it is a norm, pp accepts. Life goes on.

It takes a black swan event like lehman to have massive and sudden impact. Current situation is already managed and priced in by market and companies. Companies are thus making use of the situation to further costs cutting and letting go of dead woods in companies. 

• Praise 4

13 hours ago, Jamesc said:

People say COE prices so high and condo prices so high there will be no recession.

This is completely wrong.

COE and housing prices are lagging indicators of economic activity.

They are not leading indicators.

Every company I know is cutting cost but they are not cutting staff on a big level yet.

They are cutting overseas travel, training courses and entertainment first.

Only as a last resort will they cut staff and only when staff are cut on a massive level then COE will fall.

People will panic and  we will see COE will dive.

😀

Your statement is only true if there wasn't any PHV in SG, or that our gov somehow gain enough common sense and ban cars destined for PHV use from bidding in Cat A and B. 

Even if we have 20% unemployment rate, and that the economy tanks, PHV fleets will continue to expand. This is already very obvious. They came in at the last 3-4 mins and prop the prices up sky high. This is why the current COE prices is more of a PHV market prices. 

Actual real pte car registrations are very little these days. 

Remember you guys are using your hard earned money to compete for an imaginary piece of paper called COE against the big MNCs who have unlimited funds to play with. Pay more attention and effort in keeping your rice bowl rather than spending your entire life savings into competing with the big MNCs for COE

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1

19 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

What you talking? Prices are determined by supply and demand. Watch your words. Unless you have facts to back it up.....

Wah...fierce sia?! Make ppl very scared leh...beware here comes the big gun (or big bird?) of mcf.

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Rskc said:

Good times or bad times, costs cutting is always there to squeeze out higher margin to announce to wall street etc. They have only changed the buzz word from retrenchment -> reorg -> restructure -> digitalisation (latest)!! 

Letting pp go during good n bad times is a norm. Once it is a norm, pp accepts. Life goes on.

It takes a black swan event like lehman to have massive and sudden impact. Current situation is already managed and priced in by market and companies. Companies are thus making use of the situation to further costs cutting and letting go of dead woods in companies. 

So no recession then. 

Young people who just started a new job go get that condo and BMW. 

No chance you will lose your job. 

:D

you can

You can trust RSKC. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

What you talking? Prices are determined by supply and demand. Watch your words. Unless you have facts to back it up.....

51 minutes ago, Unfazed said:

Wah...fierce sia?! Make ppl very scared leh...beware here comes the big gun (or big bird?) of mcf.

Actually, I quite agree with Roger this time....lol!

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Unfazed said:

U dunno what u r in for.

Beware of what u wished.

Gd luck!

😂

Here we go again.....the clown making senseless comment again. If got an issue, be a MAN and we can talk it out. We can always sort it out through the gentleman way. PM me @Unfazed

Edited by RogerNg_185295
add words
  • Praise 1

5 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Your statement is only true if there wasn't any PHV in SG, or that our gov somehow gain enough common sense and ban cars destined for PHV use from bidding in Cat A and B. 

Even if we have 20% unemployment rate, and that the economy tanks, PHV fleets will continue to expand. This is already very obvious. They came in at the last 3-4 mins and prop the prices up sky high. This is why the current COE prices is more of a PHV market prices. 

Remember you guys are using your hard earned money to compete for an imaginary piece of paper called COE against the big MNCs who have unlimited funds to play with. Pay more attention and effort in keeping your rice bowl rather than spending your entire life savings into competing with the big MNCs for COE

Yeah you are right. 

PHV should be classed as taxis and not compete with private buyers. 

What I worry is they put taxis back to compete with private buyers. 

:D

Then we can see 100k COE

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Here we go again.....the clown making senseless comment again. If got an issue, be a MAN and we can talk it out. We can always sort it out through the gentleman way. PM me @Unfazed

😖 why get so worked up? Due to new mcf removed anonymous dislike function? I love the gentlemen way. I can be gentle to men but not to cowards thou. What I replied to other mcfers has nothing to do with u anyway so mai angry unnecessary ok? 

Ok, u may move on to ur next pc of crap. 😁

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Unfazed said:

😖 why get so worked up? Due to new mcf removed anonymous dislike function? I love the gentlemen way. I can be gentle to men but not to cowards thou. What I replied to other mcfers has nothing to do with u anyway so mai angry unnecessary ok? 

Ok. Please clown around as much as you want.you lack things a man, a normal man have. 

6 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Quite true in in YR2015. But,  look at Uber. Burn their hands.

Worst, Uber is not making a single cent.

I believe this is applying to both Grab and Go Jerk. They are depending on funding.

By the way, Grab has reduced their drivers incentives.

Now, a few PIs are  offering 10 years loan for PHV registered cars.

What is the catch? High interest late.

Edited by Twich

4 hours ago, Unfazed said:

Dun talk so much lah, transform to MAN. Quick, I have a picture for you to scan before you transform🤣🤣

man-green-buses-in-tbilsii.jpg

2 hours ago, Sugimoto said:

Dun talk so much lah, transform to MAN. Quick, I have a picture for you to scan before you transform🤣🤣

man-green-buses-in-tbilsii.jpg

Hoseyliao...limpeh got power to tranform & fff......that coward liao...haha.  Sibeh sibeh kamsia ah. 😂

23 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

but u only consider the supply factor... if really economy tanks and unemployment rate shoots up, will there be as much demand for PHVs as now?

surely people will become more prudent in choosing their transport mode... it's much cheaper taking bus or MRT

if demand drops that much, will companies still expand their PHV fleet and let them sit idle?

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Scion said:

but u only consider the supply factor... if really economy tanks and unemployment rate shoots up, will there be as much demand for PHVs as now?

surely people will become more prudent in choosing their transport mode... it's much cheaper taking bus or MRT

if demand drops that much, will companies still expand their PHV fleet and let them sit idle?

In my opinion, when unemployment shoots up, there will be a bigger demand for PHV as those whom are unemployed will work as PHV drivers to support themselves and / or family.  In that case, more PHV will be on the road.  I noticed that some of the PHV drivers are in fact quite highly trained professionals (ex). Working as PHV driver currently due to some reorg / restructuring in their previous company.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2